The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Mathias Bromé interested in signing with Canucks

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its nice to be in the mix... but where does he fit in? 

I agree he is no super star 25, 5'11 not even a point a game in his league? I would be more excited about a College free agent..

We have had good luck with College route....

Can't see him making Vancouver next season..Maybe depth player for Utica..He would have better chance with Wings..

Edited by wildcam

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Brief overview:

Mathias Brome
Left Wing
Born Jul 29 1994  
Height 5.11 -- Weight 181 -- Shoots L

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----
Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013-14  Vasteras IK                 Swe-1  37    3    6    9    0
2014-15  Vasteras IK                 Swe-1  51    4    5    9   10
2015-16  Asploven HC                 Swe-1  51   10   17   27   20
2016-17  Mora IK                     Swe-1  51   18   31   49   14
2017-18  Mora IK                     SweHL  52    9   12   21   18  --  --  --  --  --
2018-19  Mora IK                     SweHL  52   15   20   35   18  --  --  --  --  --
2019-20  Orebro HK                   SweHL  51   17   26   43   20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is 25 years old not even a point a game....Lets not get very excited he will be with Utica..Rodin is point a game guy and better player then Brome? Have we already forgot about Rodin?

Rodin GP 46 - Pts  46

Brome GP 52 - Pts  43

Edited by wildcam
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

He’s built like Rodin. I’d say he struggles in a bottom 6 role in the nhl. Which is why I think he goes to Detroit where a top 6 opportunity should be there.

Agreed.  Zero chance we are even interested in this guy.  This is simply his agent trying to get more out of Detroit.  

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  Zero chance we are even interested in this guy.  This is simply his agent trying to get more out of Detroit.  

I would never say zero chance. Could look silly if it happens lol. It’s obviously a possibility and if there’s contract room free players/prospects are always a good thing. The guy is a little bit older to my liking of a target when you also factor in his production. Maybe Benning sees a guy that can play up to talent on his line and a guy that right now might be held back a bit by the players he’s currently with. Maybe he sees solid 3rd line potential. A free player that wants to be here for cheap which gives him the opportunity to trade a guy on the team for picks.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

I would never say zero chance. Could look silly if it happens lol. It’s obviously a possibility and if there’s contract room free players/prospects are always a good thing. The guy is a little bit older to my liking of a target when you also factor in his production. Maybe Benning sees a guy that can play up to talent on his line and a guy that right now might be held back a bit by the players he’s currently with. Maybe he sees solid 3rd line potential. A free player that wants to be here for cheap which gives him the opportunity to trade a guy on the team for picks.

If you’re this guy do you go for us or Detroit?  There’s no place fir him in our lineup.  He might not even make the Comets.  It’s like a guy from our soccer league going to the Premiership.  He’s 25.  He’s not making any NHL club.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

We have many free agents to deal with especially up front. Why don't we worry about signing Markstrom, Toffoli, Virtanen first. And addressing the blueline and finding a high end partner for Q.Hughes via trade or free agency. Plus if we're gonna sign Brome why not just re-sign Leivo instead who is more proven and was only starting to scratch the surface before his injury. Leivo is also around the same age.

Edited by ZH96
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

If you’re this guy do you go for us or Detroit?  There’s no place fir him in our lineup.  He might not even make the Comets.  It’s like a guy from our soccer league going to the Premiership.  He’s 25.  He’s not making any NHL club.  

Nikita Tryamkin

Defense
Born Aug 30 1994 -- Yekaterinburg, Russia
[25 yrs. ago]
Height 6.07 -- Weight 265 [201 cm/120 kg]
Drafted by Vancouver Canucks
- round 3 #66 overall 2014 NHL Entry Draft
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Panarin was a young star in the KHL, and not an average 25 year old guy in a way lesser league.  We have no interest in this Brum. 

I suspect this story is just driven by the guys agent, we don't have a place for him. He's Baer 2.0. If he can land himself a spot in Detroit that would be great for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Crazy signing guess depth in Utica, we have Hoglander that will be playing for Utica 20201 season..Don't get excited he is 25, 5'11 - Gp 53 - Pts 46..

Depth and help Utica have winning culture is good for young prospect... 

Brome is Hoping to cash in with some NHL club..Look at his previous season....