The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Mathias Bromé interested in signing with Canucks

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 12:37 AM, N4ZZY said:

any update on Brome? 

On 3/20/2020 at 4:31 PM, SedinMadness said:

So what happened to this story 

IIHF agreement's getting in the way at the moment from Brome and other international player signing deals, also including Hoglander.

A video on Brome's highlights this season.

Can see why Canucks are interested.  Guy is slick, quick, offensively creative, and mature in his two way game.

• Cheers 1

On 3/12/2020 at 12:45 PM, HerrDrFunk said:

The fact that he's deciding between Vancouver and Detroit is hilarious. 

Why is that?

From talking to some Swedish people, I think Detroit was the most popular team for many Swedish hockey fans. I'm sure these players grew up watching the Red Wings. And Vancouver with its history of Swedish players... I'm not surprised that it's between Vancouver and Detroit.

Just now, khay said:

Why is that?

From talking to some Swedish people, I think Detroit was the most popular team for many Swedish hockey fans. I'm sure these players grew up watching the Red Wings. And Vancouver with its history of Swedish players... I'm not surprised that it's between Vancouver and Detroit.

It's hilarious because would you rather join a team on the rise, with the next Swedish superstar on it, or a team that was on its way to the worst NHL season since the 95/96 Sharks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

It's hilarious because would you rather join a team on the rise, with the next Swedish superstar on it, or a team that was on its way to the worst NHL season since the 95/96 Sharks?

Got it. lol, can't believe I didn't get it sooner.

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

so what happens to this Brome guy? 

Any updates? 

We are apparently still waiting for the IIHF deal to be reached and can't sign international players until then.  Hoglander is in the same holding pattern.

On 4/3/2020 at 8:09 AM, HerrDrFunk said:

95/96 Sharks. I'd be a first line stud, get bank, and move on.

Opportunity

On 4/2/2020 at 8:04 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

IIHF agreement's getting in the way at the moment from Brome and other international player signing deals, also including Hoglander.

A video on Brome's highlights this season.

Can see why Canucks are interested.  Guy is slick, quick, offensively creative, and mature in his two way game.

Is it just me or is there a lot of empty net points in this highlight package

On 4/3/2020 at 5:04 PM, khay said:

Why is that?

Penguins and Rangers in the 90s, Red Wings and Avalanche in the 00s, Red Wings and Canucks in the 10s. Popular fan choice decided by which TV network owned the game rights and which teams had the greatest number of Swedes in recent history. 

• Cheers 1

On 4/18/2020 at 1:55 AM, Allt svartnar said:

Penguins and Rangers in the 90s, Red Wings and Avalanche in the 00s, Red Wings and Canucks in the 10s. Popular fan choice decided by which TV network owned the game rights and which teams had the greatest number of Swedes in recent history. 

I have a feeling for the 2020s it will be Vancouver (Pettersson, Markstrom, Hoglander etc.) and Buffalo (Dahlin, Oloffson etc.).