The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Pandemic [Game Over: Mafia wins]

Rate this topic

Aladeen

1 minute ago, Ceres said:

You've been repeating that ad nauseum all round. 

Why aren't you entertaining the possibility of my legitimacy?

I explained. Too many actions in too short time.

If, in a parallel universe, the roles were reversed (you sheriff, me CDC), I'm sure you would have your reservations about the role that I'm claiming to have due to how unique/uncommon it is (even if it's game-specific)

I've been honest with the thread about my role, which is helpful for the members of the town.  You're still withholding details about your partner and other mechanics of your role, which benefits only you.   

8 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

I also know it's inevitable because I won't be around for EoD so Ceres is just waiting until I'm gone and then he can convince the slankers to make the 'safe' play and vote me.

I'm sure they'll already be convinced by your lack of solving. 

7 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I explained. Too many actions in too short time.

If, in a parallel universe, the roles were reversed (you sheriff, me CDC), I'm sure you would have your reservations about the role that I'm claiming to have due to how unique/uncommon it is (even if it's game-specific)

I've been honest with the thread about my role, which is helpful for the members of the town.  You're still withholding details about your partner and other mechanics of your role, which benefits only you.   

What do I gain by fake claiming and how would it benefit the mafia?

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

@Ceres If you do have a partner, I think you or them should reveal themselves. I don’t think withholding this information benefits the town if they exist. 1 of you is guaranteed to make it to R3 which is when one of you can make a vaccine, correct?

Agreed

• Wat 1
1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

@Ceres If you do have a partner, I think you or them should reveal themselves. I don’t think withholding this information benefits the town if they exist. 1 of you is guaranteed to make it to R3 which is when one of you can make a vaccine, correct?

Let me say it for the final time:

MY PARTNER WILL NOT BE REVEALED UNTIL THEY SO CHOOSE

Giving the mafia that information will confer negative value to the town. We need to get off as many peeks as possible.

• Wat 1

I'm assuming a small scum team, Ceres and probably 2? others.

So as for who his teammates could be...

Definitely not

AV – Sheriff, not counter-claimed; will die tonight unless scum want to be tricksy

Falcon – his multiple clashes with Ceres in thread felt too natural, and he’s playing to his town meta

Probably not

TL – overall play is too strong; he’s so easy to find when he’s clean; multiple natural-sounding interactions with Ceres

Zfetch – similarly, too on the ball, and Ceres gave a very firm town read on him (page 28) that seems too strong for a scummate to give (they usually hesitate to TR a teammate so hard)

SC – too low content to tell for sure, but likely not, as he’s someone Ceres has specifically called out and normally a wolfmate would instead be encouraged behind the scenes to post content

Unsure – not enough content to determine

Gbassi

otherwise

DM

Virt

Also not sure how to sort…?

Lucky – there’s very little interaction between them, and nothing I find telling; could be hard distancing, and I find Lucky’s behaviour somewhat scummy in general, but I don’t have any specific links to Ceres here

Teammates are in this list

BJ – he’s been quiet, but on pages 10-11 he and Ceres had some very light-touch interactions around mechanics; neither seems interested in addressing each other directly much this game. Later had a post asking people to give thoughts on BJ without ever following it up (page 28). Have they even fake-voted each other or anything like usual? That rings some bells, actually.

WW – Ceres generally has distanced from WW, but top of page 24 calls him ‘strange…but probably just a villager’ which sounds a bit like a scum trying to nudge a green-read of a teammate. WW posted shortly thereafter and Ceres…didn’t engage with it. Ceres has also now hesitantly called him out again this round (a few posts above this) but without committing much of an opinion. All of this could easily suggest teammate distancing.

Jazz – his vote on me was so wagony it hurts; on page 34 Ceres says he forgot jazz was playing and has no read

2 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

How so?

It seems like he is having a hard time committing to a side of this argument and while it seems like he is typing out his thoughts on the matter, I haven’t found the reasoning for his vote switching to be convincing. There is also a post early in this round he made about knowing MR was scum right after Ceres revealed he came back positive for PZ. Given that AV also revealed that MR came back town, how would lucky have known MR was indeed scum without giving AV’s test? It didn’t seem like he gave much consideration to the situation and immediately jumped straight to a single test result. Ceres noted it as vindication at the time, but I thought it looked like TMI.

• Vintage 1

Lol.

This is on-par with Aladeen changing his profile to match mine and announcing the nightfall.

8 minutes ago, Ceres said:

CDC Recommendations for the Pandemic

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuKOC0cKNjTEK_nCYoOWn

Know How it Spreads

111.jpg?itok=XH3BdTjX radish.thumb.png.6e1515ae4f0b10962b07161

• There is only one vaccine to prevent Master Radish disease 2019 (MRAD19). Follow the CDC guidelines if you want access to it.
  • The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
  • The virus is thought to spread mainly from vegetable-to-person.
    • Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 posts).
    • Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person wall-posts.
  • These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

Take steps to protect yourself

Illustration: washing hands with soap and water

Clean your hands often

• Wash your hands, eyes, and ears often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have read a post from MR or AV.
  • If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.

bFCzPVG.png

Hang the Infected

• Put distance between yourself and other people if MRAD-19 is spreading in your community. The most effective way to distance yourself is to remove the infected person from this world via hanging. 

Legit.loling.rn

Even if it is fake news!

• Huggy Bear 1