The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

COVID-19 Sim League (CSL) - Season 4

Nail

On second thought, Dallas will be vetoing their Loui Eriksson deal.  We will be offering 1 or 2 year deal in RFA or in worst case, trading him if conditions become untenable.

After 3 and 1/4 straight seasons of playing 1st line and 1st PP with the same line-mates and posting 57, 51, and 64 pts respectively, we see no reason to pay Loui Eriksson more than 3.5M, let alone 500K more - the cost of another player, since guidelines indicate that 50-60 pt players should be paid within a 2.5 - 3.5 range.  He has clearly been given the most optimal situation from the beginning and we don't see how he can reasonably exceed his threshold unless we:

a) improve his line-mates (Brenden Morrow - 67.5 pt average over 4 seasons, Mike Ribeiro - 75.5 pt average over 4 seasons)

b) improve our PP (his aforementioned linemates, Andy McDonald - 75.5 pt average over 4 seasons, Sergei Zubov - 49.5 pt average over 4 seasons)

c) are the benefactor of sim RNG (i.e he ages and his in-game stats become better, the competition becomes weaker and he becomes better by default, etc)

We will take whatever penalty - should one exist - for going back on an agreed contract.  Apologies.

We'd also like to apologize to the RFA agent.  Between deciding to use guidelines for some players, in-game stats for others, and actual stats for whoever else, our organization should have anticipated you were just going to decide on random as to what basis to use.  In this case, we felt you would have followed guidelines and actual stats to make the decision and we didn't figure that you would add an extra 500k for "meme'ing you bro" as part of his contract.  In future, we will learn to anticipate your justification a lot better.

On that note, keep up the great work!  Over a 4 year period, it is evidently hard to develop consistency so a 70% success rate on contracts thus far can only mean that we'll hit 100% in about 3.5 seasons or so!

• Like 1
  • Wat 3

10 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

On second thought, Dallas will be vetoing their Loui Eriksson deal.  We will be offering 1 or 2 year deal in RFA or in worst case, trading him if conditions become untenable.

After 3 and 1/4 straight seasons of playing 1st line and 1st PP with the same line-mates and posting 57, 51, and 64 pts respectively, we see no reason to pay Loui Eriksson more than 3.5M, let alone 500K more - the cost of another player, since guidelines indicate that 50-60 pt players should be paid within a 2.5 - 3.5 range.  He has clearly been given the most optimal situation from the beginning and we don't see how he can reasonably exceed his threshold unless we:

a) improve his line-mates (Brenden Morrow - 67.5 pt average over 4 seasons, Mike Ribeiro - 75.5 pt average over 4 seasons)

b) improve our PP (his aforementioned linemates, Andy McDonald - 75.5 pt average over 4 seasons, Sergei Zubov - 49.5 pt average over 4 seasons)

c) are the benefactor of sim RNG (i.e he ages and his in-game stats become better, the competition becomes weaker and he becomes better by default, etc)

We will take whatever penalty - should one exist - for going back on an agreed contract.  Apologies.

We'd also like to apologize to the RFA agent.  Between deciding to use guidelines for some players, in-game stats for others, and actual stats for whoever else, our organization should have anticipated you were just going to decide on random as to what basis to use.  In this case, we felt you would have followed guidelines and actual stats to make the decision and we didn't figure that you would add an extra 500k for "meme'ing you bro" as part of his contract.  In future, we will learn to anticipate your justification a lot better.

On that note, keep up the great work!  Over a 4 year period, it is evidently hard to develop consistency so a 70% success rate on contracts thus far can only mean that we'll hit 100% in about 3.5 seasons or so!

Why cant the agents in question provide a nice explaination. Not as in detail casue AV is elite, but just explain why you decided on that number. Have some reason to the rhyme

10 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Thanks for a fantastic league nail. Too bad I never got the cup but it was really fun while it lasted. I'm sure I speak on behalf of all GMs when I say we really appreciated the time you put in.

Ur a coward man, &^@# u,

Thanks tho nail ur a beauty even tho i had my feuds with u, i respect you.

But @Caboose is being a little &^@#ing bitch

• Haha 1

Just now, Patrick Kane said:

Announcement:

Since I will not be managing a team, I will be league wide agent UFA/RFA. Guidelines will be tweaked and reposted.

Every team will receive 1 free contract re-negotiation.

I am willing to assist the league's continuity in any way possible.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1