The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your favourite series to re-watch during the apocalypse?

JM_

With all the freed up view time, just wondering what people's recommendations are for some tv or mini-series?

We're going to go back and watch Shogun, but I'm trying to find one from the 90s called Crocodile Shoes with a UK actor Jimmy Nail thats really good but I can't find it anywhere.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

With all the freed up view time, just wondering what people's recommendations are for some tv or mini-series?

We're going to go back and watch Shogun, but I'm trying to find one from the 90s called Crocodile Shoes with a UK actor Jimmy Nail thats really good but I can't find it anywhere.

If you have Netflix, I really enjoyed the first season of 'The Witcher' with Henry Cavill (Superman) if you like fantasy, medieval https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_(TV_series). Also on there, I have been enjoying 'The Rain' a Danish made apocalyptic series. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rain_(TV_series)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Rewatch - Peaky Blinders

New watch - Boardwalk Empire

Boardwalk Empire is awesome. I watched all of the seasons when it first came out and then binge-watched the entire thing a couple year later.

Great performances from Steve Buscemi, Kelly MacDonald and Stephen Graham as Al Capone.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't call it a favourite, but I mentioned elsewhere that I binged season 1 of The Strain. Good enough to recommend, enough of a cliffhanger to consider watching season 2, and virus-like relevance to today's events.  

Breaking Bad    

Chernobyl

X-Flies [story arc]  

Fargo  

Still have not seen Sopranos. One day I'll start, but that 86 episodes equals ~65 hours of watching. Sounds like a lot.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Still need to watch Dark. Think that’s the next one to power through. Others on the never ending list:

The Wire

The Sopranos (stopped after season 4 or 5)

But who am I kidding? Back to Star Trek TNG.

• Cheers 1