Sign in to follow this  
Robert Long

What are your favourite series to re-watch during the apocalypse?

With all the freed up view time, just wondering what people's recommendations are for some tv or mini-series?

We're going to go back and watch Shogun, but I'm trying to find one from the 90s called Crocodile Shoes with a UK actor Jimmy Nail thats really good but I can't find it anywhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Burr 1

Watching Lost for the first time... About half way through season 5.

• Hydration 2

Shogun is so awesome. & anyone who has time for novels, Clavell's Asian Saga is a damn fine read.

Shogun

Taipan

King Rat

Noble House

& some characters(or descendants) pop up in diff countries at interesting moments, to weave things together...

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

i enjoy the “what on earth” series on cottage life. love watching old movies on tcm. 

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

HBO just did a run of all episodes of Chernobyl, back to back on the weekend. About my 4th go-around and I still enjoyed it.

Fantastic series.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

With all the freed up view time, just wondering what people's recommendations are for some tv or mini-series?

We're going to go back and watch Shogun, but I'm trying to find one from the 90s called Crocodile Shoes with a UK actor Jimmy Nail thats really good but I can't find it anywhere.

If you have Netflix, I really enjoyed the first season of 'The Witcher' with Henry Cavill (Superman) if you like fantasy, medieval https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_(TV_series). Also on there, I have been enjoying 'The Rain' a Danish made apocalyptic series. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rain_(TV_series)

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i enjoy the “what on earth” series on cottage life. love watching old movies on tcm. 

Me too Joe, I have it set for record on PVR.

6 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Rewatch - Peaky Blinders

New watch - Boardwalk Empire

Boardwalk Empire is awesome. I watched all of the seasons when it first came out and then binge-watched the entire thing a couple year later.

Great performances from Steve Buscemi, Kelly MacDonald and Stephen Graham as Al Capone.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh yeah, and if you haven't already seen Watchmen, (the HBO series) now's the time.

• Hydration 1

I wouldn't call it a favourite, but I mentioned elsewhere that I binged season 1 of The Strain. Good enough to recommend, enough of a cliffhanger to consider watching season 2, and virus-like relevance to today's events.  

Breaking Bad    

Chernobyl

X-Flies [story arc]  

Fargo  

Still have not seen Sopranos. One day I'll start, but that 86 episodes equals ~65 hours of watching. Sounds like a lot.

• Hydration 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Still need to watch Dark. Think that’s the next one to power through. Others on the never ending list:

The Wire

The Sopranos (stopped after season 4 or 5)

But who am I kidding? Back to Star Trek TNG.

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

Watched the movie Contagion,amazing how it is so similar to what's happening now!!!

Edited by goog16

5 minutes ago, goog16 said:

Watched the movie Contagion,amazing how it is so similar to what's happening now!!!

My wife wouldn't let me watch it last night.