The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your favourite series to re-watch during the apocalypse?

JM_

2 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

If you have Netflix, I really enjoyed the first season of 'The Witcher' with Henry Cavill (Superman) if you like fantasy, medieval https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_(TV_series). Also on there, I have been enjoying 'The Rain' a Danish made apocalyptic series. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rain_(TV_series)

neat - thx. We did just binge the Witcher, starts slow but ends up being a pretty fun show. 

I'll check out the Rain, we love the dark nordic stuff too. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Still need to watch Dark. Think that’s the next one to power through. Others on the never ending list:

The Wire

The Sopranos (stopped after season 4 or 5)

But who am I kidding? Back to Star Trek TNG.

yeah if anyone hasn't seen the Wire is a must. Usually a show has a bad season or at least a bad episode, but not that series. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

holy $&!#. You're my hero. Thanks for this, I loved this show in the 90s when it came out. I won't say another bad thing about Alberta. (OK we both know thats a lie, but I really appreciate this).

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, goog16 said:

It was a really good movie,We also wacthed Outbreak and it was too cheesy for me...not how I remembered it way back the first time I saw it!

Dustin Hoffman is annoying as hell and Kevin Spacey is a supporting-goomba, but I've still watched that movie 7 or 8 times as I'm a sucker for viral/apocalypse type premises.  

Has anyone watched Netflix's Pandemic? I've seen none of it.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah if anyone hasn't seen the Wire is a must. Usually a show has a bad season or at least a bad episode, but not that series. 

I think it was season 4 for me.season two was my favorite

Edited by Violator

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I have never seen

Game of Thrones, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire, West world, Mad Men....and soo much more.

I have plenty to watch, maybe when this is over I will have more in common with folk. 

Whoa, you've got your work cut out for you. Haven't seen West World, but the rest are good to amazing series.

The Wire is the best out of all of them, Soprano's was really damn good. I found GOT, Mad Men and even Breaking Bad get tired and relatively boring after a few seasons. I kinda checked out on GOT in S5, might have been S4 for Breaking Bad. The first 3 seasons of Mad Men are amazing, then it just gets dull and predictable with a large dose of totally annoying.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

holy $&!#. You're my hero. Thanks for this, I loved this show in the 90s when it came out. I won't say another bad thing about Alberta. (OK we both know thats a lie, but I really appreciate this).

It is hard to find. I seen a few other episodes but they had a different name. I've never actually heard of that show or that actor. 

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I have never seen

Game of Thrones, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire, West world, Mad Men....and soo much more.

I have plenty to watch, maybe when this is over I will have more in common with folk. 

Bates motel and the Ranch were my favourites on Netflix. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Boardwalk Empire is awesome. I watched all of the seasons when it first came out and then binge-watched the entire thing a couple year later.

Great performances from Steve Buscemi, Kelly MacDonald and Stephen Graham as Al Capone.

Stephen Graham still best Al Capone to date.