The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your favourite series to re-watch during the apocalypse?

JM_

6 hours ago, Green Building said:

I wouldn't call it a favourite, but I mentioned elsewhere that I binged season 1 of The Strain. Good enough to recommend, enough of a cliffhanger to consider watching season 2, and virus-like relevance to today's events.  

Breaking Bad    

Chernobyl

X-Flies [story arc]  

Fargo  

Still have not seen Sopranos. One day I'll start, but that 86 episodes equals ~65 hours of watching. Sounds like a lot.

Just do the Sopranos, you will kick yourself for having never done so heh. It's engrossing.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Whoa, you've got your work cut out for you. Haven't seen West World, but the rest are good to amazing series.

The Wire is the best out of all of them, Soprano's was really damn good. I found GOT, Mad Men and even Breaking Bad get tired and relatively boring after a few seasons. I kinda checked out on GOT in S5, might have been S4 for Breaking Bad. The first 3 seasons of Mad Men are amazing, then it just gets dull and predictable with a large dose of totally annoying.

Breaking Bad was a slow burn, with an epic payoff at the very end, with most of the loose ends wrapped up.

End of S4 has one of the most tense buildups I've ever seen in any show.  Like 3 episodes worth, the tension just keeps ratcheting up as Walt digs himself deeper.

Worth the re-watch to the end.

• Upvote 1

Just now, xereau said:

Breaking Bad was a slow burn, with an epic payoff at the very end, with most of the loose ends wrapped up.

End of S4 has one of the most tense buildups I've ever seen in any show.  Like 3 episodes worth, the tension just keeps ratcheting up as Walt digs himself deeper.

That's what I found so frustrating about it. I still forced myself through the final seasons, but it didn't hold the same charm anymore. Just Walt making the same mistakes over and over, felt like a lot of filler. The series ends really well though. 

Definitely deserves a rerun. 

6 hours ago, Green Building said:

I wouldn't call it a favourite, but I mentioned elsewhere that I binged season 1 of The Strain. Good enough to recommend, enough of a cliffhanger to consider watching season 2, and virus-like relevance to today's events.  

Breaking Bad    

Chernobyl

X-Flies [story arc]  

Fargo  

Still have not seen Sopranos. One day I'll start, but that 86 episodes equals ~65 hours of watching. Sounds like a lot.

Good picks. 

Also, Ozarks, all the Fargo seasons, True Detective, Better Call Saul, The Wire (oldy but a goody), Battlestar Gallactica (~2004) and older comedies like Frasier, The Office, Cheers, Seinfeld and King of Queens.  I wish they would put on some old NHL hockey games from the 60s to 90s.  I enjoy old CFL games too.

10 hours ago, HI5 said:

Stephen Graham still best Al Capone to date.

In later seasons there are some pretty impressive performances by Jeffrey Wright and Bobby Cannavale as well....

I don't know where you'd find it, but I'll throw a recommendation for "Vikings" as well. I could watch Katheryn Winnick all day long....also, Gustaf Skarsgard (Alexander's brother) is brilliant as Floki.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

33 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

In later seasons there are some pretty impressive performances by Jeffrey Wright and Bobby Cannavale as well....

I don't know where you'd find it, but I'll throw a recommendation for "Vikings" as well. I could watch Katheryn Winnick all day long....also, Gustaf Skarsgard (Alexander's brother) is brilliant as Floki.

They rushed that last season in typical HBO fashion as some have mentioned around here before. Like, there was almost nothing between Capone and Ness. Ness is in Boardwalk for about five minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

They rushed that last season in typical HBO fashion as some have mentioned around here before. Like, there was almost nothing between Capone and Ness. Ness is in Boardwalk for about five minutes. 

What I liked about it was how it showed him rising up from being just one of Johnny Torrio's guys, to the most famous gangster ever. Most of the stuff you see about Capone, he's already the boss and his battles with Ness are the focal point. (Like Untouchables, which I liked)

The scene where the old Jewish guy tells Capone to get rid of the "cap of a boy" and start acting like a man, really stuck with me. I thought it was a great touch.

11 hours ago, xereau said:

I liked Breaking Bad, but it's got to be the most overhyped, overrated show in TV history

My Fav was 1.Dexter - 2.Breaking Bad  3. Ozark  4. You.. Just finished "You" has a good twist and only 2 seasons...

Sinner and Dark will be the next 2 shows I watch....

Was told both You and Ozark will have another season..

Edited by wildcam

13 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

It is hard to find. I seen a few other episodes but they had a different name. I've never actually heard of that show or that actor. 

thats for digging it up, it was fun to watch that again. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

The Newsroom

The Sopranos

House of Lies

Californication

Band of Brothers

Dexter

The Outsider

Castle Rock

Can't believe I forgot this one....maybe my favorite show ever, or a close second behind GoT...

Really enjoyed The Outsider as well, despite not being a Stephen King fan. I'm hoping there's a season two....

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Can't believe I forgot this one....maybe my favorite show ever, or a close second behind GoT...

Really enjoyed The Outsider as well, despite not being a Stephen King fan. I'm hoping there's a season two....

The Newsroom is a top 5 series for me and one that really flies under the radar.  It also gives a chilling, prophetic look at how the US arrived at Donald Trump in the WH.

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

The Newsroom is a top 5 series for me and one that really flies under the radar.  It also gives a chilling, prophetic look at how the US arrived at Donald Trump in the WH.

I remember thinking that Sorkin really screwed up, limiting it to three seasons....

...just imagine what Will McAvoy would have been able to do with Donald Trump....