The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] build the the best line up for next year.

2 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Miller - Pettersson - Toffoli                 $5.25m + 925k + $6m* =       $12,175,000

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser                $3.75m + $5.5m + $5.875m = $15,125,000

Ferland* - Gaudette - Virtanen          $3.5m + $1.5m + $3m =          $6,000,000

Motte - Beagle - MacEwen                $1.5m + $3m + $1m =             $5,500,000

Lind                                                                                                + $891,666

$39,691,666

Hughes - Tanev                                  $916,667 + $5.5m = $6,416,667                                          

Edler - Tryamkin                                 $6m + $2.5m =         $8,500,000                  

Rafferty - Myers                                  $700k + $6m =         $6,700,000    

Fantenberg                                                                        + $900k

$22,516,667

Markstrom                                                                         $6.25m

Demko                                                                             +$1,050,000

$7,300,000

Total Playing roster: 23  - cap hit: $69,507,666   

Other cap hits: Eriksson   $3m - retained trade

Roussel    $1m             "

Baertschi   $1.6m          "

Sutter      $2m              "

Luongo     $3.3m

Spooner + $1.03m 

$11,930,000

Total Cap Hit: $81,437,666 

Some if's in this but assuming Eriksson doesn't retire, and Ferland can continue his career, this is how I see it. Benn gets traded, Leivo and Stecher (unfortunately) go to FA.

What would OJ’s salary be compared to Fanta?  He’s a left side guy, who could play with Myers.  Rafferty could be in the mix as that seventh guy.  He’s 26 years old, so he’s done with needing time in Utica.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What would OJ’s salary be compared to Fanta?  He’s a left side guy, who could play with Myers.  Rafferty could be in the mix as that seventh guy.  He’s 26 years old, so he’s done with needing time in Utica.  

OJ is $863,333, waivers exempt. So, less expensive, but does OJ really fit a bottom pairing role though? I'd like to see him get some prime minutes in Utica to prepare him for a top 4 role here. He's been dealing with injuries as well, maybe this extended time off will allow him to further recuperate any ailing injuries and allow him to have a full healthy season, with some call ups when the inevitable injury bug hits our d corps. Make some use of the waiver exempt players.

14 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Severson is a good target, but the idea of this thread was:

81,500,000 to spend. only canucks that we own.  removing whoever you want.

Tanev is the best defender that the Canucks own, so it is a no-brainer that he is in my lineup under the above conditions.

However, if it was up to me to build a contender I would have traded Tanev (50% retained) + Stecher to TOR for a 2020 1st and Ceci a few months ago when Reilly and Muzzin were on IR and TOR were desperate to stay in the race.

Canucks probably would not have made the playoffs, but our team is not ready to contend and I would have banked the asset. This would have given us two 1st rounders in the 2020 draft. Stecher will likely walk after this season anyway, and we could have resigned Tanev in the summer as a UFA.

Don't think anyone would give a 1st rounder for Tanev in package with Stetcher....Maybe at best 2nd and Ceci...

Tanev  is always injured..

Why sign 30 yr old Tanev always hurt??? Neet to move away save 4.8 million it would cost to sign him...Trade him before draft day for 3rd rounder...

Need to Sign Taffoli so we can trade Boser... ...Taffoli is more complete player and 30 goal scorer 

Trade Boser and his 5.7 million for a top # 2 D man.....Have to trade a good asset to receive top notch two way D man,  most import thing this summer..

Must move away from Tanev 30 years old, he is not reliable as always getting injuries.....

Trade Stetcher---- Replace with Rafferty

5 hours ago, wildcam said:

Don't think anyone would give a 1st rounder for Tanev in package with Stetcher....Maybe at best 2nd and Ceci...

Tanev  is always injured..

Why sign 30 yr old Tanev always hurt??? Neet to move away save 4.8 million it would cost to sign him...Trade him before draft day for 3rd rounder...

Need to Sign Taffoli so we can trade Boser... ...Taffoli is more complete player and 30 goal scorer 

Trade Boser and his 5.7 million for a top # 2 D man.....Have to trade a good asset to receive top notch two way D man,  most import thing this summer..

Must move away from Tanev 30 years old, he is not reliable as always getting injuries.....

Trade Stetcher---- Replace with Rafferty

Toffoli has scored 30 goals only once in his career. It was 4 years ago. He is still a good player but Boeser projects to have a better future than Toffoli.

I would hope that JB keeps them both.

Tanev gets injured because he puts everything on the line for this team. Usually blocking shots. He has been quite healthy this year and I believe this has to do with the way that he plays with Hughes as a D pairing.

• 2 weeks later...

My crystal ball says:

1, Tanev will be dealt for a either a late 1st or early 2nd. He's coming off his absolute best season (playing with Hughes has truly helped his value, as teams like TO can see the fit with Rielly). At 30 years old and often injured this would be a very astute move.

2. Compliance buyout due to the Corona virus effect. Vancouver will finally be rid of L.E. 

3. Sutter will be dealt as well. He will probably get us a late 2nd or early 3rd.

4. Hoglander will be ready to step in to play on the third line. His amazing play making abilities will fit nicely with Gauds and Virts. This might be one of the best third lines in the league next year.

5. Toffoli will be signed by JB, and at 27 years old he could sign a 4 year deal at 5.25-5.5 million per year. He will be considered a core player, along with Petey, Boesser, Miller, Horvat, Hughes, and Markstrom. Finally, two very good forward lines, a franchise defender, and top 10 goalie. This team is super close to being a perennial playoff favorite.

6.Lind will make the team, along with MacKewan, and this means Roussel and Leivo are out. Motte will rotate when healthy.

7. Canucks will have a number of defenders pushing for spots; OJ, Tryamkin, Rafferty, and Brisboise. This becomes the big unknown with the club, as they need to build a D-corps that is mobile, physical, and can move the puck to support the style of play that they want to play.

• Cheers 1

LW...……………………….…..Miller, Pearson, Virtanen, Motte...………………………...13.50

C...……………………….…….Pettersson, Horvat, Gaudette, Beagle...………...……….11.00

RW...……………………….….Toffoli. Boeser, MacEwen, Lind...………………………….14.00

13th man...…………………….Leivo…………………………………………………………..1.50

LD...…………………………....Hughes, Edler, Rathbone, Brisebois...…………………….9.00

RD...…………………….……..Tryamkin, Tanev, Myers, Rafferty...……………………….15.00

G...………………………….….Markstrom, Demko...……………………...…………………7.00

23 man Roster approx. 71.00 Million

Retires...……………………....Eriksson

Compulsary Buy out...……….Baertschi

Trade...………………………..Sutter, Roussel, Stecher, and Benn

Resign...……………………….Leivo (Canucks), Graovac (Utica)

LTIR...………………………....Ferland ……………………………………………………….(3.5 Million)

Cap Recovery...……………...Luongo…………………………………………………………3.00 Million

Total Cap hit...……Approx. 77.50 Million

Juolevi, Hoglander, DiPietro, Jasek, Woo, Lockwood, and Graovac in Utica

Podkolzin last year in KHL

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

nice work. I think there's a chance you see Ferland back, I'd guess in place of Lind. If this is the lineup tho I think its an improvement over this year. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

nice work. I think there's a chance you see Ferland back, I'd guess in place of Lind. If this is the lineup tho I think its an improvement over this year. 

Thanks Jim and Joe

I think there would have been some turn over this coming year anyways, but I think that there will be more because of the reduced revenue. I also think that at the end of next year there will be some more turn over as Pettersson and Hughes will need to be re-upped, and it will be unknown how much the cap will go up.

I think we will be fine, but a lot of things had to happen, to get out of our Cap situation, and still be able to add Toffoli and Tryamkin, both that are on not be on ELC's

But, IMO. I think a least half the league is in the same boat, so A). Cap......the league will have to give some...aka Compliance buyouts. B). and individual teams will be in binds because of their owners individual wealth, they will have trouble handling their own caps.

The reality is that the economy will not spring back over night, so revenue will be down next year as well.....

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 10:44 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Thanks Jim and Joe

I think there would have been some turn over this coming year anyways, but I think that there will be more because of the reduced revenue. I also think that at the end of next year there will be some more turn over as Pettersson and Hughes will need to be re-upped, and it will be unknown how much the cap will go up.

I think we will be fine, but a lot of things had to happen, to get out of our Cap situation, and still be able to add Toffoli and Tryamkin, both that are on not be on ELC's

But, IMO. I think a least half the league is in the same boat, so A). Cap......the league will have to give some...aka Compliance buyouts. B). and individual teams will be in binds because of their owners individual wealth, they will have trouble handling their own caps.

The reality is that the economy will not spring back over night, so revenue will be down next year as well.....

Do you think Toffoli is worth 6.5 mil for 5 years? He is 28 already.

Compliance buyouts hurt the esgrow I think. There was something about a 35% esgrow if they do.

Not all teams are hurt with a flat cap, in reality the Canucks would still be in trouble if the cap went up 5 million, they sit with 88.7 mil for NHL players already and then the minuses for next year.

Chicago had to get rid of many good players to make the cap but then they were a winning team, a huge difference.

A lot of teams with cap issues loaded up on draft picks to compensate preparing for next year's expansion. Not here though.

If Benning is canned and I think he is done, the next GM has a poison pill to swallow in dealing with all the clause contracts, cap overage and FA and RFA's all at once. He will have maybe 3 weeks to solve a massive problem.

Whoever takes over has to plan for the end of this year, FA's, cap problems, the draft and next year's expansion and contracts for Hughes and Pettersson.

None of these issues have been solved so far and time is compressing them to a possible panic situation.

Hopefully the regular season is finished or reduce to 78 games or something, the problem is no matter what the lost games vs teams out of it are lost points, they pretty much have to finish out the season to be fair. I do like Burke's idea for fairness, top six in each division. Players want games before playoffs start though.

To the thread title;

The best top two lines next year;

Holander - Pettersson - Miller

Boeser - Horvat - Virtanen

On 4/3/2020 at 1:09 PM, janisahockeynut said:

I don't see the league allowing the cap to change (drop) dramatically.  I think they fudge it somehow because if they follow the CBA strictly and let the cap drop by what is it?  8-10%, few teams will be able to be compliant.  They could either go with Burkie's rollback which is essentially pro-rating based on the number of games played.  If they play all or part of a season with empty stadiums then the cap the following year will be messed up.  This is why I think they just fudge the number.  It's simpler and probably easier to get the NHLPA to agree to.

Why bring this up here?  Because I don't think they will have to reduce their cap hit to $77.5M.  If every team in the league has to do that it will be a total nightmare

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

I don't see the league allowing the cap to change (drop) dramatically.  I think they fudge it somehow because if they follow the CBA strictly and let the cap drop by what is it?  8-10%, few teams will be able to be compliant.  They could either go with Burkie's rollback which is essentially pro-rating based on the number of games played.  If they play all or part of a season with empty stadiums then the cap the following year will be messed up.  This is why I think they just fudge the number.  It's simpler and probably easier to get the NHLPA to agree to.

Why bring this up here?  Because I don't think they will have to reduce their cap hit to $77.5M.  If every team in the league has to do that it will be a total nightmare

Hi CC

Hey it has been awhile since I posted this......did I say the cap would be put at 77.50 Million, or did I just say that would be the teams budget?

Cause I thought I was just building my best line-up...….as lease that is what I remember.....

I am old!

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Hi CC

Hey it has been awhile since I posted this......did I say the cap would be put at 77.50 Million, or did I just say that would be the teams budget?

Cause I thought I was just building my best line-up...….as lease that is what I remember.....

I am old!

You are sooooo old Jan.  Lol, I'm kidding.  It's probably my fault.  

I know a lot of people are concerned about what remedy the league will take for the cap issue.  This probably isn't the right thread for my post but I thought it had a bearing on the Canucks trying to go low on the cap.  I just don't think that the league will be so hard about it.  

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

You are sooooo old Jan.  Lol, I'm kidding.  It's probably my fault.  

I know a lot of people are concerned about what remedy the league will take for the cap issue.  This probably isn't the right thread for my post but I thought it had a bearing on the Canucks trying to go low on the cap.  I just don't think that the league will be so hard about it.  

I don't either, mostly because 17 teams are under a million in cap space this year.....

and some big contracts coming up......so I think there will be some cap compliant buy outs (I really do)

But my, roster was what I would do, "IF" I had a magic Genie...….

The roster Cap space was so that we would be closer to having enough money to pay for everybody next year.

Build the best team for next year and be cap compliant...…..

14 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I don't either, mostly because 17 teams are under a million in cap space this year.....

and some big contracts coming up......so I think there will be some cap compliant buy outs (I really do)

But my, roster was what I would do, "IF" I had a magic Genie...….

The roster Cap space was so that we would be closer to having enough money to pay for everybody next year.

Build the best team for next year and be cap compliant...…..

I like a lot of what you've done with your line up there.  You've got all 3 of Toffoli, Tanev and Markstrom which I think is important because it gives them a solid top 6 and top 4 and a good goalie without burning the future.  There are good bottom 6 centres so the team is solid and there's room for players coming up.

You're magic Genie somehow convinces Eriksson to retire.  I'll believe that when I see it.

I don't think they actually save much by buying out Baertschi vs burying him in Utica.  I would like to think that he can find a place on somebodies 3rd line because he is a player who given the ice time and health can put up 50 points in a season.  It means Detroit, New Jersey, Ottawa.  He's such a likeable guy, I wish him the best.

I think that Roussel is back because after a tough season last year, he's going to be hard to move.  It was the sort of injury that takes a long time to get over and I expect a bounce back next season.  A healthy Roussel brings some of the grit they need.

Tryamkin is an unknown for me.  Does he really expect serious ice time and a large role.  If he feels that entitled then he can take a flying jump in a lake.  No more than $2 M and a bottom pairing role in my books.  He'll have to earn everything and since he might not like it.....1 year for term.  

None of these things make much of a difference to your plan however.  Nice job.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I like a lot of what you've done with your line up there.  You've got all 3 of Toffoli, Tanev and Markstrom which I think is important because it gives them a solid top 6 and top 4 and a good goalie without burning the future.  There are good bottom 6 centres so the team is solid and there's room for players coming up.

You're magic Genie somehow convinces Eriksson to retire.  I'll believe that when I see it.

I don't think they actually save much by buying out Baertschi vs burying him in Utica.  I would like to think that he can find a place on somebodies 3rd line because he is a player who given the ice time and health can put up 50 points in a season.  It means Detroit, New Jersey, Ottawa.  He's such a likeable guy, I wish him the best.

I think that Roussel is back because after a tough season last year, he's going to be hard to move.  It was the sort of injury that takes a long time to get over and I expect a bounce back next season.  A healthy Roussel brings some of the grit they need.

Tryamkin is an unknown for me.  Does he really expect serious ice time and a large role.  If he feels that entitled then he can take a flying jump in a lake.  No more than $2 M and a bottom pairing role in my books.  He'll have to earn everything and since he might not like it.....1 year for term.  

None of these things make much of a difference to your plan however.  Nice job.

Baertschi was suppose to be a compliance buyout (sorry) so 100% off the books.....

As for Roussel, I would do a 50% retention if needed......it is not that he is bad when healthy, but to be honest, I really believe we have to shake up the country club atmosphere here. And it is not that they are really floating, but we need to set a standard of expectation...……….

For example, with so many new additions coming from Utica in my proposal, plus a new attitude in Pettersson, Miller, Hughes, and Toffoli, we need to set that standard with the new guys, and scare the hell out of Virtanen at the same time...…..we need Millers and Pettersson work ethic from everyone...……..no floaters!

In regards to Tryamkin, IMHO, and others! LOL. He has matured, and has actually stated he was immature when here last. aside from that, he has leaned out, and has shown a solid work ethic in the KHL...….IMO, he will be much improved, and at the very least will be a 3/4/5 most of his career, with some intangibles that are just so hard to find....aka,

physicality…..IMHO, his wing span and size will make it very difficult to enter our zone on his side. I personally would be more concerned with his partners ability to handle the extra work load. I will go out on a solid limb and say we should sign him long term at 5 yrs @ 3.5 million per.....no clauses. (Is there risk......not much,  IMO)

Again, IMHO...…….Tryamkin will deliver and will be a very good 2nd pairing Dman, and could possibly be paired with Hughes because of his size and ability to clear the front of the net......will there be an adjustment curve...…..not much, I believe......

I honestly do not understand the apprehension with people regarding Tryamkin...…..man, the difference in my maturity level at that age were incredible, and I think some of the lessens he learned in the KHL, were pro lessens he did not understand over here, such as earned ice time, and fighting, both of which he was subjected to in the KHL. So now, I think he would understand it is a expectation of the pro game.

I also think that some of the stories he went back with, and had opinions on would have been laughed at by his older team-mates over there. As life experience of the older veterans would have seasoned them, and their knowledge of the world. Tryamkin would have been enlightened quickly, and would have soon found out that a lot of the world is smoking pot...…...I don't think he would allow a lot of the things that were distractions to be that, this time around...….

Personally, the only thing I did not comment about on my original post was the assistant coaches, who I believe are over their heads in the NHL positions they have, IMO, they are the ones that could screw it all up......

But, I respect your right to disagree, and admit, the proof is in the pudding! Let's get him signed first.

Hey, if Tryamkin isn't where I say he should be in 2 years, please remind me.....again, he will be a 3/4/5, but could play 1st pairing on regular shifts by the 2nd year.

17 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Baertschi was suppose to be a compliance buyout (sorry) so 100% off the books.....

As for Roussel, I would do a 50% retention if needed......it is not that he is bad when healthy, but to be honest, I really believe we have to shake up the country club atmosphere here. And it is not that they are really floating, but we need to set a standard of expectation...……….

For example, with so many new additions coming from Utica in my proposal, plus a new attitude in Pettersson, Miller, Hughes, and Toffoli, we need to set that standard with the new guys, and scare the hell out of Virtanen at the same time...…..we need Millers and Pettersson work ethic from everyone...……..no floaters!

In regards to Tryamkin, IMHO, and others! LOL. He has matured, and has actually stated he was immature when here last. aside from that, he has leaned out, and has shown a solid work ethic in the KHL...….IMO, he will be much improved, and at the very least will be a 3/4/5 most of his career, with some intangibles that are just so hard to find....aka,

physicality…..IMHO, his wing span and size will make it very difficult to enter our zone on his side. I personally would be more concerned with his partners ability to handle the extra work load. I will go out on a solid limb and say we should sign him long term at 5 yrs @ 3.5 million per.....no clauses. (Is there risk......not much,  IMO)

Again, IMHO...…….Tryamkin will deliver and will be a very good 2nd pairing Dman, and could possibly be paired with Hughes because of his size and ability to clear the front of the net......will there be an adjustment curve...…..not much, I believe......

I honestly do not understand the apprehension with people regarding Tryamkin...…..man, the difference in my maturity level at that age were incredible, and I think some of the lessens he learned in the KHL, were pro lessens he did not understand over here, such as earned ice time, and fighting, both of which he was subjected to in the KHL. So now, I think he would understand it is a expectation of the pro game.

I also think that some of the stories he went back with, and had opinions on would have been laughed at by his older team-mates over there. As life experience of the older veterans would have seasoned them, and their knowledge of the world. Tryamkin would have been enlightened quickly, and would have soon found out that a lot of the world is smoking pot...…...I don't think he would allow a lot of the things that were distractions to be that, this time around...….

Personally, the only thing I did not comment about on my original post was the assistant coaches, who I believe are over their heads in the NHL positions they have, IMO, they are the ones that could screw it all up......

But, I respect your right to disagree, and admit, the proof is in the pudding! Let's get him signed first.

Hey, if Tryamkin isn't where I say he should be in 2 years, please remind me.....again, he will be a 3/4/5, but could play 1st pairing on regular shifts by the 2nd year.

I hope you're right about Tryamkin.  I admit that I haven't been following him much so what I have said is only my gut talking.  The last 3 years have been important to his development and he hasn't been playing against the kind of competition that he could have been.  If and when he's back, we're not going to see much improvement from here on out.  He is what he is.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

I hope you're right about Tryamkin.  I admit that I haven't been following him much so what I have said is only my gut talking.  The last 3 years have been important to his development and he hasn't been playing against the kind of competition that he could have been.  If and when he's back, we're not going to see much improvement from here on out.  He is what he is.

Yup.me too, for the most part......

I have watched some clips of him....his aggression is much more automatic now, and he doesn't take much crap. He still hits, and pinches guys into the boards like he use too, and I believe his game may be more suited for the smaller rink. He was an all-star there. So he was dominant to some degree, and there is lots of talent over there. IMO, people forget that the KHL draws the better Europeans to their league, that are not in the NHL, and that includes guys like Radulov, before he came back.

Again, it is my eyes and gut, that tell me he come over here more complete......I have been wrong before! But I hope not!

• Cheers 1

Roster size 23

Salary Cap $81,500,000 $ CAP Used 76,163,206 Overages  $0  Bonuses$4,750,000  Cap Space$5,336,794

Roster

Left Wing Centre Right Wing
VAN
Miller, J.T.
$5,250,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 3
VAN
Pettersson, Elias
$925,000
C
RFA - 1
VAN
Boeser, Brock
$5,875,000
RW
RFA - 2
VAN
Pearson, Tanner
$3,750,000
LW
UFA - 1
VAN
Horvat, Bo
$5,500,000
Edit
C
UFA - 3
VAN
Toffoli, Tyler
$5,250,000
RW, LW
UFA
VAN
Höglander, Nils
$891,667
LW
RFA - 3
VAN
Gaudette, Adam
$2,000,000
C
RFA
undefined
Virtanen, Jake
$2,500,000
RW
VAN
Roussel, Antoine
$3,000,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
VAN
Beagle, Jay
$3,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
VAN
Sutter, Brandon
$4,375,000
RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1

VAN
Motte, Tyler
$1,250,000
RW, LW, C
RFA

Left Defense Right Defense Goaltender
VAN
Edler, Alexander
$6,000,000
D
NMC
UFA - 1
VAN
Myers, Tyler
$6,000,000
D
M-NTC
UFA - 4
VAN
Demko, Thatcher
$1,050,000
G
RFA - 1
VAN
Hughes, Quinn
$916,667
D
RFA - 1
VAN
Tanev, Christopher
$4,500,000
D
UFA
VAN
Markström, Jacob
$5,500,000
G
UFA
Tryamkin, Nikita
$2,000,000
VAN
Rafferty, Brogan
$700,000
D
RFA - 1

Rathbone, Jack
$1,000,000

VAN
Juolevi, Olli
$863,333
D
RFA - 1

With Spooner, Sutter and Pearson coming off the books next year M16.5 +/-  I think there is enough cap space to sign Hughes and Pete. Also consider Jaccob Markstrom likely ending up in Seattle we probably have enough to re sign Edler and maybe even hang onto Pearson and get a deal done on Podkolzin. 

35 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Roster size 23

Salary Cap $81,500,000 $ CAP Used 76,163,206 Overages  $0  Bonuses$4,750,000  Cap Space$5,336,794

Roster

Left Wing Centre Right Wing
VAN
Miller, J.T.
$5,250,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 3
VAN
Pettersson, Elias
$925,000
C
RFA - 1
VAN
Boeser, Brock
$5,875,000
RW
RFA - 2
VAN
Pearson, Tanner
$3,750,000
LW
UFA - 1
VAN
Horvat, Bo
$5,500,000
Edit
C
UFA - 3
VAN
Toffoli, Tyler
$5,250,000
RW, LW
UFA
VAN
Höglander, Nils
$891,667
LW
RFA - 3
VAN
Gaudette, Adam
$2,000,000
C
RFA
undefined
Virtanen, Jake
$2,500,000
RW
VAN
Roussel, Antoine
$3,000,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
VAN
Beagle, Jay
$3,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
VAN
Sutter, Brandon
$4,375,000
RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1

VAN
Motte, Tyler
$1,250,000
RW, LW, C
RFA

Left Defense Right Defense Goaltender
VAN
Edler, Alexander
$6,000,000
D
NMC
UFA - 1
VAN
Myers, Tyler
$6,000,000
D
M-NTC
UFA - 4
VAN
Demko, Thatcher
$1,050,000
G
RFA - 1
VAN
Hughes, Quinn
$916,667
D
RFA - 1
VAN
Tanev, Christopher
$4,500,000
D
UFA
VAN
Markström, Jacob
$5,500,000
G
UFA
Tryamkin, Nikita
$2,000,000
VAN
Rafferty, Brogan
$700,000
D
RFA - 1

Rathbone, Jack
$1,000,000

VAN
Juolevi, Olli
$863,333
D
RFA - 1

With Spooner, Sutter and Pearson coming off the books next year M16.5 +/-  I think there is enough cap space to sign Hughes and Pete. Also consider Jaccob Markstrom likely ending up in Seattle we probably have enough to re sign Edler and maybe even hang onto Pearson and get a deal done on Podkolzin. 

Ferland? And I think MacEwen has guaranteed himself a spot on the roster next season. Its going to be an extremely difficult off-season. I don't see how we can sign everyone if compliance buyouts aren't introduced.