The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

100’s of flying lights/satellites/planes?

Vanfansince88

Hello, 

I'm currently in west Kelowna. 

Last night (March 17,2020) at 8:36pm to 8:40pm.( Pacific time)  I was outside admiring the clear sky’s and star gazing. 

I happened to notice 100’s of unidentified objects all in the same flight pattern, spaced  1km or 2 apart, all flying in same direction. All in sequence in straight line! 

At first I thought maybe I’m loosing my mind, as I was witnessing this weird occurrence. (I’m not easily fooled and I question everything) so after about 2 minutes of being in shock,  I then realize I need another witness to collaborate what I’m seeing. (Or I’m I just going crazy??) 

I call my brother who’s in Quesnel, BC. I ask him to go outside and to see if it’s clear sky’s. And if so, look south to my location. As these objects are flying directly over my head. 

At this point he’s starting to question my requests as he heads outside.  He thinks I’m fooling around with him and he makes a couple smart a$$ remarks. 

At this point I’m describing what I see and in still very much in. shock. As I’ve never witnessed anything of this sorts.

He then shouts “wtf is that” he then calls out for his wife to witness this too. 

The both caught maybe 20-22 of UFO’s* at the tail end of this phenomenon.  

Now I’m asking if anyone else had witnessed this last night? Or maybe they can help explain what this might of been? 

Keep your eye on the sky! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Vanfansince88 said:

Hello, 

Last night (March 17,2020) at 8:36pm to 8:40pm.( Pacific time)  I was outside admiring the clear sky’s and star gazing. 

I happened to notice 100’s of unidentified objects all in the same flight pattern, spaced  1km or 2 apart, all flying in same direction. All in sequence in straight line! 

At first I thought maybe I’m loosing my mind, as I was witnessing this weird occurrence. (I’m not easily fooled and I question everything) so after about 2 minutes of being in shock,  I then realize I need another witness to collaborate what I’m seeing. (Or I’m I just going crazy??) 

I call my brother who’s in Quesnel, BC. I ask him to go outside and to see if it’s clear sky’s. And if so, look south to my location. As these objects are flying directly over my head. 

At this point he’s starting to question my requests as he heads outside.  He thinks I’m fooling around with him and he makes a couple smart a$$ remarks. 

At this point I’m describing what I see and in still very much in. shock. As I’ve never witnessed anything of this sorts.

He then shouts “wtf is that” he then calls out for his wife to witness this too. 

Now I’m asking if anyone else had witnessed this last night? Or maybe they can help explain what this might of been? 

I want pics/video

• Thanks 1

Here is what I tried to film. 

Too much light pollution and the objects were too far. That’s when I knew I had to call someone. 

Maybe someone with tech skills can play around with it.  Feel free! 

I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed this? I’m sure I’m not the only person in BC that was star gazing last night?

I’m not trying to say it’s aliens. It was odd that’s all. Just looking for answers.  

41 minutes ago, Vanfansince88 said:

Hello, 

No video? You didn't have a phone with you?:unsure:

Edit: Sorry, should have scrolled down first.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

OP can you re-upload im just getting a black screen. IM thinking tho its either the comet they said was supposed to 

airburst near earth. Or Elon Musks new satellites he launched recently.

All I'm seeing is white....

...it's like a Donald Trump wet dream....

I saw that exact same thing Monday night!!! All flying in a sequence in exact separation in a line. Monday night in Coquitlam. I assumed they were Satellites? 

But now that I think of it maybe the Aliens are starting to observe and laugh at us for not being able to handle simple virus. 

Edited by RRypien37
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

OP can you re-upload im just getting a black screen. IM thinking tho its either the comet they said was supposed to 

airburst near earth. Or Elon Musks new satellites he launched recently.

Unfortunately that is the video.
I looked up the star link. The internet photos I’ve seen of the star link didn’t look like what we witnessed.

I thought same thing at first but my brother agreed that isn’t what we witnessed. 

45 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

I saw that exact same thing Monday night!!! All flying in a sequence in exact separation in a line. Monday night in Coquitlam. I assumed they were Satellites? 

But now that I think of it maybe the Aliens are starting to observe and laugh at us for not being able to handle simple virus. 

They're still pissed about Jeff Goldblum bringing down their master ship with one....

8 minutes ago, Vanfansince88 said:

Like I said. That picture isn’t what we seen. Almost 10sec intervals when they flew directly over my head. 

Still could be Starlink, or any one of several other sets of satellites that use a trailing formation. I’ve seen some images and reports where the satellites are not in that tight chain, but instead the line is significantly more spaced out (much like what you described).