Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Signing] Canucks sign William Lockwood

15 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Well, I’m late to the party, as far as hearing about today’s additions. It’ll come as a surprise to no one that I’m happy to see Lockwood signed (and I also like the Michaelis signing).

Never really had a doubt that Will would stay loyal to the Canucks. And from the sounds of Benning’s comments, it was probably never in doubt that they’d offer him a contract.

The Canucks see this kid as a future top-9 staple for this team or, at minimum, an good NHL 4th liner. I feel the same. Despite the setbacks and challenges he’s faced (or perhaps partially because of them), I’m still a big believer in Lockwood. So long as he stays healthy, I see his game translating very well to the pros.

He could become a real sparkplug type of player for us, bringing energy to his mates and the fans out of their seats. Speed, aggression, pursuit, work rate, leadership, character, commitment, solid defensive ability, and some soft hands and underrated offensive ability.

This kid’s a beauty and I’m excited to see what the future holds for him. Like others have said, the points totals don’t tell the whole story here. Lockwood is far better than his stats suggest. He’s a difference maker with the ability to turn around games singlehandedly with a big play. Whether it’s a shotblock that leads to a short handed breakaway; a big hit that fires up his teammates and the fans; an end to end rush, finishing in a highlight reel goal; a ferocious forecheck that causes pure chaos in the zone and forces a juicy turnover; a backcheck where he suddenly speeds into view, seemingly from out of nowhere, to disrupt the play; or a shift where he somehow just wills his way to the net, against the flow, doing everything the hard way, and somehow imposing his will on the game with the physicality of a man 5 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier. 

Yeah, you could say I’m a fan. ;) 

Truly a Michigan player who deserved to be called a Wolverine. Or maybe Honey Badger 2.0?

Well said. I watched some of his games this year on BTN Network. He stood out to me for the little things he did. Definitely plays the right way.

14 hours ago, Coconuts said:

He reminds me of Gaudette, I'm glad we'll get to see what he becomes

Maybe those panicking over the possibility of him leaving will settle down and move on to the next panic button 

Jokes on you, I press all the panic buttons simultaneously. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Well said. I watched some of his games this year on BTN Network. He stood out to me for the little things he did. Definitely plays the right way.

We have a Loui Eriksson fan folks! 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

We have a Loui Eriksson fan folks! 

Incoming 6x6 contract for Lockwood.

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Incoming 6x6 contract for Lockwood.

Lockwood at 6x6 would be better value than Eriksson at 6x6 at least. Well, maybe not now that we actually have some players that'll be worth a damn.

This regime has all but removed my fear of college players. The Veseys won’t be on any of our draft lists. They do a great job of finding character guys and doing a great job of making the franchise desirable. Lockwood will be a good add to the farm system.

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
On March 19, 2020 at 1:18 PM, 250Integra said:

Hopefully he'll be another Gaudette. Lots of similarities in their games.

He will play similar to Motte but more aggressive, very fast, plays bigger then 5'11.. Very excited to watch his progress, maybe 4th line duty in 2 yrs 2022..

Edited by wildcam
  • Upvote 1