The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Marc Michaelis

On 3/22/2020 at 1:39 AM, Timbermen said:

No idea how to say his name so i'll just call him 'Macarena'.

[...]

On 3/22/2020 at 1:49 AM, DeNiro said:

Mick-Hale-Iss

mih-KAY-lis per the Hobey Baker website.

---------------

They have a summary of his accomplishments:

Marc Michaelis – Minnesota State University – Senior, Forward, Mannheim, Germany

A dynamic centerman who led the WCHA in scoring, Michaelis (mih-KAY-lis) finished tied for third in the nation in scoring despite missing seven of his teams’ games. The two-time team captain was named WCHA Offensive Player of the Year and in a college sports rarity, was named First Team all-conference for the fourth straight season.

• Finished with 20 goals, 24 assists for 44 points in 31 games – had 3 short-handed goals
  • Played last two years for Germany in the IIHF World Championships
  • Finance major – scored eight power play goals and third in the nation in PP points

• Vintage 1

On 3/23/2020 at 11:06 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Whenever I watch any of those Minnesota State tribute/highlight vids, I think we might as well retire Michaelis’s number now and hang it up with the Sedins. ;) 

Yes...it's the same feeling you can get from reading CDC'ers comments on just about any of our prospects!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 12:04 AM, N4ZZY said:

so what's the ceiling a guy like this? 

is he considered a top six prospect late bloomer kind of player? or he is a middle six kind of player, or a bottom six player? 

Bottom six defensive forward....  something that we're short on except for our veterans (Beagle, Sutter, etc). 

On 4/8/2020 at 3:04 AM, N4ZZY said:

so what's the ceiling a guy like this? 

is he considered a top six prospect late bloomer kind of player? or he is a middle six kind of player, or a bottom six player? 

Middle six - I would say his ceiling is comparable to Jason Zucker. If he suits more of an offensive role he would likely be a Kerfoot type player and for a bottom six role maybe like Hagelin. 

30-50 point player  depending on whether he is on the 2nd or 3rd line, power play etc 

• Thanks 1