thanks deb

everyone needs to find the positive in this time of crisis

don't let down your guard though

stay balanced in dealing with all which will still develop

(i am incredibly concerned

that if the usa situation goes as poorly as italy

that trump has set himself up to create blame

along racial lines

this could get really ugly as trump lacks normal boundaries)

Edited by coastal.view
  • Like 1

I agree @debluvscanucks.  I had to say goodbye to my Max on Monday.  Along the way my vet didn't bother charging me for so many visits.  She was fantastic every step of the way through the whole process.

As a result of COVID, some local vets have closed their doors.  But not ours.  She just set up procedures so you can safely bring your pet in.  They're having people stay in their vehicle until it's their turn and that way there's only one customer at a time in the office.  It's heartwarming when people step up like that.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

Positive repercussions of this darn disease...……………..

Less traffic accidents

Less demand on ICBC

Parents getting to be with their kids more...…….good and bad....lol

More acts of kindness (hopefully) Like Debs story, like Chickenspear's story...……...humanity at its best!

Distillery's making and giving away hand sanitizer for free

Neighbors are actually meeting each other on walks...…...social distancing in place!

It gives me hope! (Good thread Deb!)

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Like 2

I live in a building which, since I've moved in, I've discovered houses some pretty shady peeps (two incidences of everyone's mailboxes being smashed/ripped into, someone spraypainted very unbecoming remarks about a man named "Perry" up and down our stairwell, etc...) but there are various small, quiet families living in it too. Coming home from work yesterday there was a note on the inside of our front door — Someone stating they've made themselves available to assist elderly and at-risk people in the building with their necessary tasks (grocery shopping and the like) during the outbreak, with their contact info and apartment number.

Caught me a bit off guard with recent observances in the place, but it was refreshing to see someone with a positive reaction to this whole thing.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

I agree @debluvscanucks.  I had to say goodbye to my Max on Monday.  Along the way my vet didn't bother charging me for so many visits.  She was fantastic every step of the way through the whole process.

As a result of COVID, some local vets have closed their doors.  But not ours.  She just set up procedures so you can safely bring your pet in.  They're having people stay in their vehicle until it's their turn and that way there's only one customer at a time in the office.  It's heartwarming when people step up like that.

I'm so sorry to hear about Max....may your heart heal.

Good thread idea Deb. People are good. But we're still monkey-brained things capable of panicking, so we need good things to calm us down at times like these. 

Its more important than ever to get outside for a few minutes (safely of course), and go hunt down some positive stories.

• Like 2

Anytime is a good time to lessen the burden for people,but now in this epic pandemic we as Canadians need to show our best and show the rest of the world we are all in this together and we have to stay safe and try to help where ever we can,

Share food if you made too much,talk to your neighbors(at a safe distance) and reassure them we will get through this.

Let's not panic and together we will prevail,that's what Canadians do.

• Cheers 1