The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

For Or Against Martial Law for the Covid-19 Virus?

Gator

Martial Law  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

I get why some of you dont want Martial Law. I do. However it will be inevitable if young people continue not to take it serious.

Italy has already done Martial Law and it is going to happen here as well wether we like it or not. The sooner it's in place the less people will die. My family members that are at risk will be safe and that's more important to me than anyones rights. We had the chance to do it with rights, but stupid people are proving that it's not going to work. Take my rights away for 2 months I could care less. As long as it stops people from dying, thats my main and only concern

Yup exactly. Was watching the news tonight and theres still people hanging around white rock beach, and they interviewed some high school $looot and she and her friends sounded like they could care less about social distancing. Blah blah human rights, wait until one of your parents get caught with covid because they wanted their rights to walk around the park. We all should do our part

• Huggy Bear 1

On 3/20/2020 at 8:33 PM, Drakrami said:

You seriously dont know anything. This thing is serious unless you want to become another Italy. 4000 deaths and increasing. You dont take all the precautions, think oh, it is just a flu. This is what every country was thinking about 3 weeks ago. Look at what is happening now. Read some news, get yourself educated. The projections are 70% of the population will get the virus; with a 2% death rate, do the math. It can only be prevented if we apply something drastic like what China did: a total lockdown, which seems to have worked very well. 

Are you trying to say that 1.5 million people will die in Italy?

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Are you trying to say that 1.5 million people will die in Italy?

Why are you sounding like that's not possible? 

It is a very contagious virus. If most of the population gets it and there's a 2% death rate, how's that hard to believe? This is why you have to put all stops to prevent the virus from spreading, to avoid this scenario. Seriously the maturity level on this forum is really low. 

On 3/20/2020 at 1:33 PM, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Psychological programing of the masses to welcome totalitarian manipulation and control...all for our own good of course! This is nothing but a well-planned execution of a Hegelian Dialectic process where a problem is created so that the masses will willingly embrace "solution".  Baby steps at first, then comes the hammer.  There's darker forces at work here people...resist the urge to surrender to the irrational fear and hype.  

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false” — William Casey Director of the C.I.A. at an early February 1981 meeting of the newly elected President Reagan in the Roosevelt Room of the WH with his new cabinet secretaries." (confirmed by Barbara Honnager, Nov 25, 2014)

http://truthstreammedia.com/2015/01/13/cia-flashback-well-know-our-disinformation-program-is-complete-when-everything-the-american-public-believes-is-false/

https://www.globalresearch.ca/spinning-fear-and-panic-across-america-analysis-of-covid-19-data/5706785

Understand what you'll get in martial law. The suspension of the Canadian Constitution and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. All your rights, all your freedoms you now  enjoy, gone! Complete control of your person, family and life. Only to be given back if, and when THEY decide you deserve them back. 

Supposed virus or not....HELL NO TO MARTIAL LAW!!!

Clam is that you?

On 3/20/2020 at 11:33 AM, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Psychological programing of the masses to welcome totalitarian manipulation and control...all for our own good of course! This is nothing but a well-planned execution of a Hegelian Dialectic process where a problem is created so that the masses will willingly embrace "solution".  Baby steps at first, then comes the hammer.  There's darker forces at work here people...resist the urge to surrender to the irrational fear and hype.  

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false” — William Casey Director of the C.I.A. at an early February 1981 meeting of the newly elected President Reagan in the Roosevelt Room of the WH with his new cabinet secretaries." (confirmed by Barbara Honnager, Nov 25, 2014)

http://truthstreammedia.com/2015/01/13/cia-flashback-well-know-our-disinformation-program-is-complete-when-everything-the-american-public-believes-is-false/

https://www.globalresearch.ca/spinning-fear-and-panic-across-america-analysis-of-covid-19-data/5706785

Understand what you'll get in martial law. The suspension of the Canadian Constitution and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. All your rights, all your freedoms you now  enjoy, gone! Complete control of your person, family and life. Only to be given back if, and when THEY decide you deserve them back. 

Supposed virus or not....HELL NO TO MARTIAL LAW!!!

There are plenty of good reasons to not impose martial law but unfortunately your tinfoil hat conspiracies are just going to make people more in favor of it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

There are plenty of good reasons to not impose martial law but unfortunately your tinfoil hat conspiracies are just going to make people more in favor of it. 

Instead of rejecting that which you don't know and so reject, it might be a good time to educate yourself on argumentative logic and the use of psychology in Hegelian Dialectic philosophy.   

Those who will not read have no intellectual advantage over those who can not read!

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/hegel-dialectics/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic

https://ndpr.nd.edu/news/hegel-and-resistance-history-politics-and-dialectics/

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

If the world is thrown into a world wide depression more people will commit suicide than what's being killed by Corona 

This is just it. The isolation bit is not going to work the virus was still spread and basically the world will go bankrupt and more people will die as a result. Maybe we will have to go with the herd immunity until we have tested a drug or give people an untested drug and hope there's no serious side effects.

5 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Why are you sounding like that's not possible? 

It is a very contagious virus. If most of the population gets it and there's a 2% death rate, how's that hard to believe? This is why you have to put all stops to prevent the virus from spreading, to avoid this scenario. Seriously the maturity level on this forum is really low. 

I wasn't sounding like anything. I was asking a question in order to gain more information, like a normal human would. But go ahead, just insult me instead of giving a simple response.

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I wasn't sounding like anything. I was asking a question in order to gain more information, like a normal human would. But go ahead, just insult me instead of giving a simple response.

Get yourself informed. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
This is pretty big news, ya know. You should get yourself updated instead of relying on canucks.com for news. Check at how many deaths Italy is at now. 

35 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

If we got through Spanish Flu with far less means to deal with it and a far less understanding, then we'll get through this. 

World was much different back then though, especially following WWI.  That generation had already sacrificed a ton and a lot of the 20-somethings were war vets just coming home.

yes, we need it.

we don't have enough proper PPE to treat the tsunami of people about to end up in hospital. These selfish p**cks are going to end up killing 100s of front line health care workers.

Edited by otherwise
  • Thanks 1