Sign in to follow this  
kenhodgejr

(Discussion) Rathbone to NYR

Recommended Posts

If Rathbone decides he wants to play closer to home so he can be near his 11 year old autistic brother, would you do this trade. 


To NYR - LD  Jack Rathbone - Why NYR does this, unite the Fox/ Rathbone duo. Rathbone has speed and skill. NYR would be happy to have him. 

 

To Van - LD K'Andre Miller - Vancouver would add a defensive prospect with size which could add to team toughness. His stats are not as good as Rathbone in college hockey but          he would be better than loosing Rathbone for nothing. Thoughts??

 

 

K'Andre Miller

Defense -- shoots L
Born Jan 21 2000 -- Hopkins, MN 
[20 yrs. ago] 
Height 6.03 -- Weight 206 [191 cm/93 kg]
Drafted by New York Rangers
- round 1 #22 overall 2018 NHL Entry Draft
 
K'Andre Miller hockey player photo 
 
 
 
  Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2016-17 U.S. National Under-17 Team USHL 34 0 7 7 12 -29 -- -- -- -- --
2017-18 U.S. National Under-18 Team USHL 22 4 12 16 6 13 -- -- -- -- --
2017-18 U.S. National Under-18 Team Exhibition 36 5 8 13 20 10          
2018-19 U. of Wisconsin Big-10 26 5 17 22 18 7          
2019-20 U. of Wisconsin Big-10 36 7 11 18 24 -7          

Embed K'Andre Miller stats! | View as text

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confident he'll be a player for us. That's just part of entering the draft and dreaming of going pro, you're almost always separated from loved ones to an extent. 

 

But if we were to trade him I'd want a player with a similar skillset coming back. It can't just be Hughes. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think the Rangers decline based on contract status alone.  Without comparing the relative value/fit of each player.  One is signed to a ELC and the other can become an UFA as early as next spring.  There’s far more risk involved with Rathbone than Miller. And if being close to home is a concern for Rathbone, NY can wait it out and sign him as a UFA next summer (if that’s the route Rathbone chooses to take) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d do this for sure! Really wanted Benning to trade up from our 2nd to a late 1rst in his draft year. K’Andre Miller switched to defence around 17 years old. Felt like as he went further along he’d only learn the new position at a higher rate because he had so much more to learn and get better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

.

Edited by mll
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I'm confident he'll be a player for us. That's just part of entering the draft and dreaming of going pro, you're almost always separated from loved ones to an extent. 

 

But if we were to trade him I'd want a player with a similar skillset coming back. It can't just be Hughes. 

I'm afraid it's just gonna be Hughes though. Right on top of the NHL leaderboard for years and years to come. He's truly set himself apart.

 

You are right though, we need pmd's. Joulevi and Rathbone actually reaching their ceilings would be amazing for us. 

Rathbone seems like a character kid. Let's not trade him because we're scared

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

To Van - LD K'Andre Miller

Good luck with that?

 

Miller is one of the best blue chip athletes in recent years. Hard to trade for him without a lottery pick caliber return headed to the Rags..

 

Rathbone has a sweet progression curve. But wont attract Miller.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, luckylager said:

I'm afraid it's just gonna be Hughes though. Right on top of the NHL leaderboard for years and years to come. He's truly set himself apart.

 

You are right though, we need pmd's. Joulevi and Rathbone actually reaching their ceilings would be amazing for us. 

Rathbone seems like a character kid. Let's not trade him because we're scared

 

 

He'll be our top guy, no doubt about it. Myers helps a bit, but Edler's 33 and won't be round forever. 

 

I think Juolevi will be something yet, it's amazing how impatient people are when it's well known D take longer. People talk like he's 24 when he'll be turning 22 pretty quick. Rathbone could step in within the next couple years too, he's that talented. 

 

Most guys sign with the teams who drafted them, I'll be surprised if he goess elsewhere. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He'll be our top guy, no doubt about it. Myers helps a bit, but Edler's 33 and won't be round forever. 

 

I think Juolevi will be something yet, it's amazing how impatient people are when it's well known D take longer. People talk like he's 24 when he'll be turning 22 pretty quick. Rathbone could step in within the next couple years too, he's that talented. 

 

Most guys sign with the teams who drafted them, I'll be surprised if he goess elsewhere. 

Assuming Edler, Tanev, Stecher, Benn are gone in a couple of years, I think we look solid on the left side with Hughes, Rathbone, and one of Juolevi or Tryamkin filling the final spot. 

Rafferty will be ready next year, Rathbone needs 1 more year then likely straight to the NHL. I think we need to acquire another vet on the right side:

Hughes Rafferty
Rathbone Myers
Juolevi/Tryamkin 
Woo
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Assuming Edler, Tanev, Stecher, Benn are gone in a couple of years, I think we look solid on the left side with Hughes, Rathbone, and one of Juolevi or Tryamkin filling the final spot. 

Rafferty will be ready next year, Rathbone needs 1 more year then likely straight to the NHL. I think we need to acquire another vet on the right side:

Hughes Rafferty
Rathbone Myers
Juolevi/Tryamkin 
Woo
 

I see Edler playing into his late 30's on short term deals so long as him and the team still feel he's effective and contributing tbh. Had a great season at 33, could see him having three or four more seasons as a Canuck. He'll def hit 1000 games. 

 

Tanev's a coin flip but I don't see Benn or Stech being here much longer, Stech could be gone as soon as next season if Tram steps in. I'm very curious to see what we've got in Rafferty. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'd have to add, and I'm not that interested in sweetening the pot over a deal like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

If Rathbone decides he wants to play closer to home so he can be near his 11 year old autistic brother, would you do this trade. 


To NYR - LD  Jack Rathbone - Why NYR does this, unite the Fox/ Rathbone duo. Rathbone has speed and skill. NYR would be happy to have him. 

 

To Van - LD K'Andre Miller - Vancouver would add a defensive prospect with size which could add to team toughness. His stats are not as good as Rathbone in college hockey but          he would be better than loosing Rathbone for nothing. Thoughts??

 

 

K'Andre Miller

Defense -- shoots L
Born Jan 21 2000 -- Hopkins, MN 
[20 yrs. ago] 
Height 6.03 -- Weight 206 [191 cm/93 kg]
Drafted by New York Rangers
- round 1 #22 overall 2018 NHL Entry Draft
 
K'Andre Miller hockey player photo 
 
 
 
  Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2016-17 U.S. National Under-17 Team USHL 34 0 7 7 12 -29 -- -- -- -- --
2017-18 U.S. National Under-18 Team USHL 22 4 12 16 6 13 -- -- -- -- --
2017-18 U.S. National Under-18 Team Exhibition 36 5 8 13 20 10          
2018-19 U. of Wisconsin Big-10 26 5 17 22 18 7          
2019-20 U. of Wisconsin Big-10 36 7 11 18 24 -7          

Embed K'Andre Miller stats! | View as text

Why would you think we're losing Rathbone?

 

Even if he doesn't sign this Spring / Summer, doesn't mean anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess he could feel a pull to go back to college, but even so I think he'll turn pro. He's actually got a chance to compete for a spot, if not next year certainly 2022.

 

But if there is some internal concern over it I could see Boston giving is a 2nd and prospect for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I see Edler playing into his late 30's on short term deals so long as him and the team still feel he's effective and contributing tbh. Had a great season at 33, could see him having three or four more seasons as a Canuck. He'll def hit 1000 games. 

 

Tanev's a coin flip but I don't see Benn or Stech being here much longer, Stech could be gone as soon as next season if Tram steps in. I'm very curious to see what we've got in Rafferty. 

I'll honestly be shocked if both Tanev and Stetch are with the team next season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Rathbone will sign with Vancouver, seems like a good character guy. 

Many reports of him mention his appreciation for all the support the Canucks have given him over the years, plus the fact they were willing to pick him even knowing he was staying for another year at the lower level of competition.

 

Has there ever been a college draft pick for the Canucks that didn't sign with the team?

If so it must only one or two over all these years.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Father Ryan said:

I'll honestly be shocked if both Tanev and Stetch are with the team next season.

I expect Stech will be allowed to walk, but where Tanev goes really depends on what Tanev wants. If he took similar money or even 5m I could see him maybe staying, but I wouldn't pay him Edler money. But even that's up in the air because there's so much uncertainty regarding the cap now.. 

 

Same goes for Toffoli, though if it comes down to him or Tanev I see us moving on from Tanev and rolling with a prospect. 

 

Gonna be hard to make cap decisions til there's clarity to what happens with this season, if anything happens, and how the NHL deals with the loss of revenue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gurn said:

I think Rathbone will sign with Vancouver, seems like a good character guy. 

Many reports of him mention his appreciation for all the support the Canucks have given him over the years, plus the fact they were willing to pick him even knowing he was staying for another year at the lower level of competition.

 

Has there ever been a college draft pick for the Canucks that didn't sign with the team?

If so it must only one or two over all these years.

R.J. Umberger.  But we were able to trade him prior to him becoming a UFA.  Funny enough the team that traded for him was the Rangers, however they couldn't sign him either so they lost him for nothing in the summer and he eventually signed with Philadelphia.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rathbone is going to be a stud.  I'd rather trade Juolevi before Bone.  He will sign here as we have treated him fairly throughout his progression and even drafted him knowing he was going to back to high school for another year.  We took a chance on him, he knows it, and he will repay us the favour with his loyalty.

 

I'd rather package Juolevi with Demko or even Boeser (if Toffoli is re-signed) for a stud right handed Dman who can play with Huggy Bear.  Tryamkin  Rafferty can be a partnership and I can see Rathbone partnered with Myers.  Woo is still in the mix but he might need some time to fully develop.  Not sure who is out there that can play with Huggy, must be someone young enough to blend with our core players. 

 

Parayko is the dream, Risto is a good option as well.  Noah Dobson from the Islanders.  Seth Jones would also be a dream.  I like Brandon Carlo from Boston as well.  Florida needs some young offensive weapons.  Aaron Ekblad would also be a dream.  Perhaps Benning can package some of our young talent for one of these stud right handed Dmen.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Rathbone is going to be a stud.  I'd rather trade Juolevi before Bone.  He will sign here as we have treated him fairly throughout his progression and even drafted him knowing he was going to back to high school for another year.  We took a chance on him, he knows it, and he will repay us the favour with his loyalty.

 

I'd rather package Juolevi with Demko or even Boeser (if Toffoli is re-signed) for a stud right handed Dman who can play with Huggy Bear.  Tryamkin  Rafferty can be a partnership and I can see Rathbone partnered with Myers.  Woo is still in the mix but he might need some time to fully develop.  Not sure who is out there that can play with Huggy, must be someone young enough to blend with our core players. 

 

Parayko is the dream, Risto is a good option as well.  Noah Dobson from the Islanders.  Seth Jones would also be a dream.  I like Brandon Carlo from Boston as well.  Florida needs some young offensive weapons.  Aaron Ekblad would also be a dream.  Perhaps Benning can package some of our young talent for one of these stud right handed Dmen.

I don't think we are getting Dobson, Jones, Carlo or Eklbad. Those are some pretty good names for defenseman, no? It would take a lot to get them. 

 

I don't know Risto too much and unfamiliar with Parayko. Why would he be the dream? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.