The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Rathbone to NYR

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I don't think we are getting Dobson, Jones, Carlo or Eklbad. Those are some pretty good names for defenseman, no? It would take a lot to get them. 

I don't know Risto too much and unfamiliar with Parayko. Why would he be the dream? 

Seriously?  Parayko is one of the best all around right handed Dmen in the league.  Have you not watched the St. Louis Blues at all, and their cup run of last year?  Parayko is 6'6" 230 pounds and can play 24 minutes a night.  You should really catch up on some Blues games...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 11:28 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Seriously?  Parayko is one of the best all around right handed Dmen in the league.  Have you not watched the St. Louis Blues at all, and their cup run of last year?  Parayko is 6'6" 230 pounds and can play 24 minutes a night.  You should really catch up on some Blues games...

I don't really follow the Blues - but I'll check out Parayko! 

On 3/21/2020 at 4:19 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

R.J. Umberger.  But we were able to trade him prior to him becoming a UFA.  Funny enough the team that traded for him was the Rangers, however they couldn't sign him either so they lost him for nothing in the summer and he eventually signed with Philadelphia.

Umberger was rumour to be a cancer in the locker-room. Kesler and him hated each other back in the College days when they were on the same team. It was one or the other and I am glad the Canucks made the right decision in keeping Kesler.

On 3/22/2020 at 11:28 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Pietrangelo's probably the dream, think he'd be even ahead of Colton at this point?  They also have Colton and Faulk locked up while their captain's a pending UFA.  Probably too expensive to keep all 3?  I don't think we'd have to give up any assets to get Alex, and if we're contenders we can probably bundle up bad contracts with lesser picks to open up needed cap space.

33 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Pietrangelo's probably the dream, think he'd be even ahead of Colton at this point?  They also have Colton and Faulk locked up while their captain's a pending UFA.  Probably too expensive to keep all 3?  I don't think we'd have to give up any assets to get Alex, and if we're contenders we can probably bundle up bad contracts with lesser picks to open up needed cap space.

Pietrangelo is a beauty.  He'd be perfect for our team and can help Quinn grow as a player.  However, he's looking at a contract of $10 million+ as a 30 year old UFA so I don't think we can afford him given the fact we will need to re-sign Petey and Quinn to big contracts next summer.  However St. Louis doesn't have much cap space either so they may want to make a trade to fit Pietrangelo under the cap.  Parayko could be available for the right price if Pietrangelo is re-signed, especially with Faulk signed long term.