The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Colorado

Im bored so I was looking at where we could get a top RD prospect. Have to give up to get something though.

Jost+Timmins

for

Boeser

Helps are Cap for now and sets up our D for the future.

Hughes-Woo

Rathbone-Timmins

Tryamkin-Rafferty

An elite defence that will allow our forwards more room to make plays. Jost is down on his luck and needs a change of scenery, but could be the perfect player for Horvat's wing. In 2 years we could see

Hoglander-Pettersson-Podkolzin

Jost-Horvat-Toffoli

Virtanen-Gaudette-Miller

McDonough-Jasek-MacEwen

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

How the hell do you have Miller on the third line?

I like the fact that 2 years from now we only have 8 players currently on our roster

3 wingers parachuting over Miller + Hughes and 5 "What Ifs" on D

Who is playing goal? 2020 +2021 draft picks?

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

I like the fact that 2 years from now we only have 8 players currently on our roster

I like that two guys that have never played an NHL game are on the top line, while the dude that was on pace to have the best season a Canuck forward has had since the twins were in their prime is apparently in the bottom 6. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lmm said:

well 2017-18 to now we have 9 from that roster. That includes Eriksson as well.

Change occurs in spades during a rebuild, especially when your bringing in your developed prospects.

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

How the hell do you have Miller on the third line?

Miller on that 3rd line adds some offensive skill for a balanced lineup. Not to mention Virtanen and Guadette themselves could be top 6 (already are top 9) players.

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I like that two guys that have never played an NHL game are on the top line, while the dude that was on pace to have the best season a Canuck forward has had since the twins were in their prime is apparently in the bottom 6. 

Hoglander has tons of skill and needs offensive line mates to succeed. Podkolzin is having one of the most productive seasons for a kid in KHL history. One can expect he will be able to step in and play top 6 minutes next year and especially two years down the line.

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Hoglander has tons of skill and needs offensive line mates to succeed. Podkolzin is having one of the most productive seasons for a kid in KHL history. One can expect he will be able to step in and play top 6 minutes next year and especially two years down the line.

It's a reach to suggest that both guys are even going to be NHLers in two years time, let alone top line players. Podkolzin put up a grand total of 8 points in 30 games this year in his KHL regular season, while Hoglander put up a grand total of 16 points in 41 games in his SHL season. 

• Cheers 1

I think Boesser has become very underrated as a result of being injured to end the season and going through a rough patch this year. 

In fact he is a very special player fully capable of scoring 30+ goals per year for many years in a row. We should keep him and appreciate that we have him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

12 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

well 2017-18 to now we have 9 from that roster. That includes Eriksson as well.

Change occurs in spades during a rebuild, especially when your bringing in your developed prospects.

Miller on that 3rd line adds some offensive skill for a balanced lineup. Not to mention Virtanen and Guadette themselves could be top 6 (already are top 9) players.

So... how does 8 mins a game in the KHL as an 18 year old, compare to say what Mathews, or McDavid or Eichel managed as 18 year olds in the NHL - or even MT or his little brother BT.   Or Svecknikov?  Those guys had great first years in the NHL and most earned their ice time slowly as the season went on.   Podz is a great prospect and so is Hoglander, but still a little early to writing them directly into the NHL top six-nine over even guys like AG and JV....   Do think that both end up in the top or at worst middle six - that's  their trajectory (eventually ) but it's going to take some time.   Most rookies have seasons like AG, not BB or EP or Hughes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I think Boesser has become very underrated as a result of being injured to end the season and going through a rough patch this year. 

In fact he is a very special player fully capable of scoring 30+ goals per year for many years in a row. We should keep him and appreciate that we have him. 

This whole trade Brock is ridiculous and needs to stop, our team has felt the lack of offensive threat and needs him

• Upvote 1