The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

COD: Warzone

250Integra

Anyone playing this right now? It's probably the most played game right now since it was dropped a week ago. I just started (after a long hiatus from COD) and I have to say it is pretty fun. The map is HUGE and I do enjoy the cross-platform servers. The game is still in BETA (so connections aren't always consistent) but for the most part, it's well done.

FYI - I also played the new Modern Warfare beta (back in November?) and it is one of the better COD games in recent years. My all-time favourite is MW2 so this does give it that nostalgic feel.

I would recommend giving this game a try while it's free especially if you're into games like APEX or FORTNITE.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I downloaded it recently because I have some friends at work who wanted to try it with me (and it's cross-platform). I played the tutorial, but haven't done anything else. I'm not huge on battle royale, so I'm not sure it'll grab me.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I downloaded it recently because I have some friends at work who wanted to try it with me (and it's cross-platform). I played the tutorial, but haven't done anything else. I'm not huge on battle royale, so I'm not sure it'll grab me.

Play the plunder mode in Warzone (collecting as much money throughout the open world).

Battle royale once you die you have to end the game and leave the lobby but Plunder - if you die, you respawn back into the game and able to continue on (you just lose some of the collected stuff you accumulated in the lobby game).

Like you, I also don't love battle royale so I've been playing plunder instead

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Play the plunder mode in Warzone (collecting as much money throughout the open world).

Battle royale once you die you have to end the game and leave the lobby but Plunder - if you die, you respond back into the game and able to continue on (you just lose some of the collected stuff you accumulated in the lobby game).

Not if you escape the Gulag

Was not much of a COD guy as console shooters were always a struggle.

Been keyboard + mouse and playing with my console buddies has been a blast.

Gulag is a nice feature, I also like how even if you lose your gulag match, your buddies can buy you back into the game. Beats the hell out of games like PUBG where it was one and done.

Crate drops and buy zones allow you to change loadouts quickly or add extra kit like UAV's, Air strikes, extra body armour, etc.

I have really enjoyed playing Warzone. My squad is slowly getting better! haha.

On 3/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, -AJ- said:

This battle royale is way better than the others. You can win your way back in if you win a head to head death match, and if that dont work your team can buy you back in

If anyone wants to play, i'm looking to get more squad games in and only play with 2 of my IRL buddies, so when they aren't on, i'm hooped!

I have 1.09 KDR and avg score of 3800 avg 3 kills per game, looking for similar players (I'm 34, please no mic ragers, too old for that) I like to toke and play but still play to try and win the games while having fun.

Maybe we could get a CDC discord going for COD? I realize discord is essentially moot for console gamers to communicate, but just as a real-time way to get 3-man squads going?

On 4/3/2020 at 8:12 AM, diesel_3 said:

If anyone wants to play, i'm looking to get more squad games in and only play with 2 of my IRL buddies, so when they aren't on, i'm hooped!

I have 1.09 KDR and avg score of 3800 avg 3 kills per game, looking for similar players (I'm 34, please no mic ragers, too old for that) I like to toke and play but still play to try and win the games while having fun.

Maybe we could get a CDC discord going for COD? I realize discord is essentially moot for console gamers to communicate, but just as a real-time way to get 3-man squads going?

Recently got this game, but first time playing it in maybe 6-7 years. Was an average player back

then, but now I’m awful.  Haven’t played much though. 

3 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Recently got this game, but first time playing it in maybe 6-7 years. Was an average player back

It's tough, I have watched a few streams and there are really good squads and players in every queue.

Biggest thing for me was map and building layout. Took me a few games to figure out which guns I liked using (MP7 is OP, flashbangs are awesome utility). 

Having brand new weapons with minimal unlocks is tough, too. Grind out 20-30 games and you'll get it back haha.

Did anyone try the Battlefield 5 Battle Royal game? 

It looked like modern warfare BR except in WW2 setting.

Problem was it was not free to play and you needed to purchase the game to play. I was skipping Battlefield 5 or at least waiting until a sale and all the kinks were worked out.

Looks like it died out do to lack of developer support and not being free to play.

I think if DICE put their mind to it they could create an unreal Battle Royal game. Cant wait to the next Battlefield. I think it will be a good one because they will have 3-4 years to work on it. They need to save the franchise after Battlefield One and 5. Battlefield 3 and 4 are classics.

• Cheers 1

On 3/23/2020 at 11:02 AM, 250Integra said:

Anyone playing this right now? It's probably the most played game right now since it was dropped a week ago. I just started (after a long hiatus from COD) and I have to say it is pretty fun. The map is HUGE and I do enjoy the cross-platform servers. The game is still in BETA (so connections aren't always consistent) but for the most part, it's well done.

FYI - I also played the new Modern Warfare beta (back in November?) and it is one of the better COD games in recent years. My all-time favourite is MW2 so this does give it that nostalgic feel.

I would recommend giving this game a try while it's free especially if you're into games like APEX or FORTNITE.

On 3/23/2020 at 11:08 AM, -AJ- said:

On 3/23/2020 at 11:08 AM, StealthNuck said:

The best BR by far. 

On 3/23/2020 at 11:11 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Battle royale once you die you have to end the game and leave the lobby but Plunder - if you die, you respawn back into the game and able to continue on (you just lose some of the collected stuff you accumulated in the lobby game).

On 3/23/2020 at 11:38 AM, Bure_Pavel said:

Not if you escape the Gulag

On 3/23/2020 at 12:18 PM, Boest-er said:

The gulag is honestly the smartest addition in a battle royale type game. Its such a wonderful concept lol i hope people dont steal it and make it worst in other future games

On 3/23/2020 at 12:54 PM, MrCanuck94 said:

For sure the best COD in a long time. Really enjoy the multiplayer and BR so far, have yet to try campaign but I heard the story is very good.

On 3/23/2020 at 1:03 PM, I.Am.Ironman said:

Yeah I am playing the multiplayer but have yet to try battle royale. Maybe I will give it a go.

I enjoyed the campaign

On 3/23/2020 at 8:31 PM, Nucksfollower1983 said:

have played it a bit. won once in the squad mode finished second another time. 6th is my best solo's finish.

On 3/31/2020 at 6:12 PM, Violator said:

Just got first overall

On 4/2/2020 at 6:20 PM, Brock Botanen said:

This battle royale is way better than the others. You can win your way back in if you win a head to head death match, and if that dont work your team can buy you back in

On 4/5/2020 at 8:09 AM, gmen81 said:

On 4/12/2020 at 6:21 PM, AV's Coin said:

Did anyone try the Battlefield 5 Battle Royal game? 

It looked like modern warfare BR except in WW2 setting.

Problem was it was not free to play and you needed to purchase the game to play. I was skipping Battlefield 5 or at least waiting until a sale and all the kinks were worked out.

Looks like it died out do to lack of developer support and not being free to play.

I think if DICE put their mind to it they could create an unreal Battle Royal game. Cant wait to the next Battlefield. I think it will be a good one because they will have 3-4 years to work on it. They need to save the franchise after Battlefield One and 5. Battlefield 3 and 4 are classics.

Ok, Gents.

I created a regiment called Canucks.com. Finding a username not already taken was a chore, I went with =649=, a play on the Lotto Line! (originally tried CDC, then WCE...)

I already play with the same few buddies, but on other platforms (social media, clash royale, CDC, reddit, etc) I have stumbled upon small groups of people who have been playing, but are looking to play more or with more people!

I want to do this so that there might be someone on most of the time to play with, i'm assuming duos will be out shortly, which is a really fun way to battle and get some wins!

I do not want to discourage anybody from joining or make it strictly based on skill level, with enough people there should be plenty of players around everyone's skill level to squad up with. 

If you DO decide to join, please add some info to this thread so we know who is who!

Gamertag/Activision ID:

Warzone Gamer Level (New/Casual, Experienced/Casual, Experienced/Serious, etc):

Preferred time to play:

As people join, I can update the main post to categorize the different levels or experiences players are looking for. Seems like the regiment functions in Warzone are limited, I can assign officers and delete the regiment, doesn't seem to be any tiering or messaging system.

If this does pick up some steam, I can also create a discord channel so that it is easier to see who is online or ready to play.

Let me know if there is anything you guys think I should add/delete/scrap completely? I come from the CSGO community and just miss playing, i'm not awkward with strangers, it doesn't take long to get to know someone while playin a game, so don't be hesitant @gmen81 has met me, and he survived!

Let's drop in on Quarry!!!!

• Cheers 2

When do people usually play? I am up first in my house so I usually play in the mornings and the odd evening around 9pm.

I would say my level is prob new/casual as I haven't played COD in years until a few months ago. The playing in groups will also be new to me but I'm down to try. Communication always helps, even though i usually play with my mic off, I am willing to change :). As for joining an online group I will be a complete noob at the logistics. My K/D ratio flirts with 0.95. My PSN name is theSacredShire. Hardcore mode is my preferred mode.

I still haven't tried warzone, I've heard it's fun though.

Edited by I.Am.Ironman