The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shotgun Jake

Rate this topic

iceman64

For what it's worth, JV was voted most improved Canuck.

Do you agree with it? I can't think of anyone close except for Hughes but he wasn't on the list but he's already shown so much natural born talent that he wasn't included? idk.

FanSided author Brayden Ursel listed an article wrote it up.

voted 1-4

JV

Big Mac

Gaud

Pearson

Have to agree and stoked at how Big Mac turned it up a notch too!

Thoughts?

I would go with Jake as well @erkayloomeh.  Gaudette a close 2nd. not enough of a sample size for Mac at this point.

@Tre Mac can't really count Marky as he was already improved the last half of last season.

JT is new to us, so can't count him? But yeah, career year for him! Way beyond any other season. I hope this is what we get from JT, or more, for the next few seasons. Typical coming into his prime story, mid-late 20s. 

I am so excited for what this team will be in the next few years. I see at least one cup run, or more.

Well I think we can all agree it's great to see JV aand Gaudette produce out of the system so we can let go of other guys as we keep tweaking.. hopefully Hogs n Podz next and OJ doing the JV thing and grow into his top 4 D assessment, plus Woo.. and then train back but headed in the right direction with a farm producing just at the right time and in the next few years, yeah we still need tweaks but getting less and less for a change.. 

2 hours ago, Amebushi said:

Can someone yell, “Jake cuts to the middle...he shoots...SCORES!!!” I came to this thread hoping for a reason to shotgun a beer.  I miss hockey. I miss talking about actual hockey. happy hour drinking GIF

ill do one with yeah

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Definitely Jake is the prime choice for Most Improved.  I don't know why Hughes would even be considered at all for this award.

That's why he wasn't on the list. Because he shouldn't be on the list...should be considered for other awards except most improved.

9 hours ago, iceman64 said:

For what it's worth, JV was voted most improved Canuck.

Do you agree with it? I can't think of anyone close except for Hughes but he wasn't on the list but he's already shown so much natural born talent that he wasn't included? idk.

FanSided author Brayden Ursel listed an article wrote it up.

voted 1-4

JV

Big Mac

Gaud

Pearson

Have to agree and stoked at how Big Mac turned it up a notch too!

Thoughts?

https://thecanuckway.com/2020/03/26/canucks-jake-virtanen-voted-most-improved-player-of-2019-20/

For people interested in the article

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I agree its Jake if you are limiting the player to having played last year on the Canucks.

But if you allow the parameters to include who improved the most from last season to this season no matter where they played,  JT Miller has to be considered as well.