The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Compliance Buyouts, You Get Two

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

4 hours ago, KKnight said:

If you were given two I would definitely choose Eriksson. Luongo's deal I would look to get out of. I would look to trade Baertschi even at half retention. Sutter at retention as well. Sounds as if Tryamkin is coming, so Benn is potentially gone as well. 

Luongo is a penalty and not a contract - only contracts can be traded or bought out.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/30/2020 at 2:05 PM, qwijibo said:

Eklund reporting a rumour that teams will get 1 compliance buyout.  That should officially be the end of this rumour. Lol 

Heard Dhaliwal say agents are fully expecting compliance buyouts to come back into affect.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

Heard Dhaliwal say agents are fully expecting compliance buyouts to come back into affect.

He hasnt tweeted anything to that effect. Regardless, it’s not agents that make that decision, it’s the board of governors and the NHLPA.  So much is up in the air right now, I doubt anyone has a clear indication of what might happen. 

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

He hasnt tweeted anything to that effect. Regardless, it’s not agents that make that decision, it’s the board of governors and the NHLPA.  So much is up in the air right now, I doubt anyone has a clear indication of what might happen. 

It was during a TSN interview about Tryamkin, Brome, Hoglander , and Rathbone signing with Vancouver.

It's on TSN.ca

Edited by komodo0921

The answer should be LE and Beagle. I would consider Ferland though, just because of the uncertainty of his concussions. 

Beagle over Sutter because Sutter is entering the last year of his contract where as Beagle has two years left. You can always retain half for one year and trade Sutter or just ride it out with him as your 4th line center. 

1 hour ago, TheRealistOptimist said:

The answer should be LE and Beagle. I would consider Ferland though, just because of the uncertainty of his concussions. 

Beagle over Sutter because Sutter is entering the last year of his contract where as Beagle has two years left. You can always retain half for one year and trade Sutter or just ride it out with him as your 4th line center. 

Nobodies going to argue with Eriksson but... Beagle :blink:

Beagle is playing in the NHL, wins tonnes of (defensive zone) draws, is one of our top PK C's and allows easier minutes to the Gaudette line, Pettersson's line and puts less defensive weight on Horvat's shoulders.

How about we buy out a guy making more money and is playing in the AHL instead...?

Yeah....

58 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nobodies going to argue with Eriksson but... Beagle :blink:

Beagle is playing in the NHL, wins tonnes of (defensive zone) draws, is one of our top PK C's and allows easier minutes to the Gaudette line, Pettersson's line and puts less defensive weight on Horvat's shoulders.

How about we buy out a guy making more money and is playing in the AHL instead...?

Yeah....

This is a hypothetical if we get 2 buyouts. Baertschi can also only has 1 year on the books and can if need be have up to half of his salary retained and traded. I don't mind Beagle but if you kept Sutter, he can do what Beagle does as a 4C. If you traded Sutter as well than you can now pick up a cheaper 4C now that we are a competitive team and have playoff aspirations. 

We will no longer have to over pay for bottom 6 players in order to get them to come here in FA. Those days are done. 

30 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Anyone else think that Aquaman is saying to Benning

You told me you needed these guys signed and you had me pay More than others to get them for you

You now decide how to get rid of what i got for you, that is why you are the GM (and not a spoiled kid of mine) :)

No, I don't think a Canadian NHL team owner cares about using all the tools given to GM's in order to try and put their team in a better position for future success. 

The only player of the recent UFA's I think he would have a problem buying out is Tyler Myers, because he just signed a 5 year deal. 

32 minutes ago, TheRealistOptimist said:

This is a hypothetical if we get 2 buyouts. Baertschi can also only has 1 year on the books and can if need be have up to half of his salary retained and traded. I don't mind Beagle but if you kept Sutter, he can do what Beagle does as a 4C. If you traded Sutter as well than you can now pick up a cheaper 4C now that we are a competitive team and have playoff aspirations. 

We will no longer have to over pay for bottom 6 players in order to get them to come here in FA. Those days are done. 

No, I don't think a Canadian NHL team owner cares about using all the tools given to GM's in order to try and put their team in a better position for future success. 

The only player of the recent UFA's I think he would have a problem buying out is Tyler Myers, because he just signed a 5 year deal. 

You don't buy out capable, tradeable NHL players. Period.