The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Post-Covid Bucket List

Phil_314

my gyms closed got it free cause of my work had a deal with nash  boo

1. find  a new gym i guess keep bartending

2. get ankle surgery in november  6 month recovery

3. move to kootneys next may  got 75 k saved for a lot to build a cabin  so hopefully the  next 13 months i can save 25 k to upgrade my civic 2010 to a newer  subaru crosstrek and trailer combo to live in while i build the cabin and bartend at ski hills or in nelson.

I really miss skiing. But small price to pay to keep people safe. But I really miss the mountains, they are very good for my head and I don't like weed so thats where I go to feel better about things.

I'm proud of the way people in BC are dealing with this, is very good to see. 

• Like 1

Modern society(w/ all it's amenities) is an illusory, fantasy bubble. Essentially many(most, all??) have been like a nouveau riche, fantasy isle individual/fam/tribe member, who has lived beyond their means. Decades of a plastic life, sustained with a plastic credit card. Prob the case in most OECD nations.

We've "kicked the can down the road" for a few generations. Now all cards are getting cut, & angry irresponsible lenders will start acting like bullying loan sharks.

Personally I feel blessed/fortunate to have experienced 5 interesting decades(almost evenly split) between 2 pretty cool countries. But figure we're entering a completely new ballgame now, & appetites/expectations should be severely downsized.

I'd been expecting this(SHTF) for some time now...

35 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

3. move to kootneys next may  got 75 k saved for a lot to build a cabin  so hopefully the  next 13 months i can save 25 k to upgrade my civic 2010 to a newer  subaru crosstrek and trailer combo to live in while i build the cabin and bartend at ski hills or in nelson.

In response to the pandemic, @canuktravella is hoarding the alphabet and punctuation marks....B)

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

Good luck, CT. Hope you can make it happen

• Thanks 1

I'm thankful my family & friends (and myself) have managed to stay healthy to this point.

I'm looking forward to alot. Hockey (both Canucks and playing personally), going golfing with friends/family, starting University & meeting new people. I'm looking forward to finally getting my class 1, ICBC closed down the day before my test (2nd try). So I really want to avenge my first attempt & get that done. 

Just having the freedom to doing regular things again both tasks & pleasure, definitely going to have a new appreciation for those things. I have number of errands/tasks in mind I need to take care of once things start up again.

I've also decided that if I can breathe properly again I'm gunna try to train for a marathon (probably start with half).

I've had congestion problems for a little while leading up to this (I had a some kind of breathing test scheduled, obviously got put on the back burner), so just to try and get that sorted out so I can attempt to re-dedicate myself to the gym, hockey & fitness. I tore a ligament in my foot a few years ago which often gives me problems when I run and exert myself, so I'm gunna have to get a really good pair of shoes. But I'd like to figure that out and give it a shot. 

I haven't had much time off during this (which I was kinda hoping for, but I also need to make as much $$$ as I can right now) so my experience has been a little different. But definitely excited to eventually get past this & re discover freedom. 

9 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Some prompts:

- for starters, what's something that you're thankful for in spite of the major changes that have happened?  Could be anything big or small.

- what's the first thing you look forward to doing once everything is "better" (i.e. not just no more quarantine, but it's safe to go out/ gather/ can do whatever you want again)?

- what's something that you've taken for granted before that you wouldn't after this enforced time at home is complete?

- what's something that you used to value that you realize now is less important?

- what would you change about how you used to live as a person (if any) as a result of this isolation?  (How, or) has your perspective changed?

Feel free to add any similar topics that come to mind and stay safe all.

1. thankful no one in my family has died yet.

2. look forward to not watching constant covid updates.

3. took for granted the routine....

4. ...not sure....my intense fanaticism as a Canuck fan lol.

5. not sure I would change anything....but I am set in my ways lol.

I already had a very good earthquake kit setup before this. Lots of food and water for if this goes bad. When this is all done, I will add nitrile gloves, masks, and antiseptic to my updated kit lol.  I read that pandemics can occur every 5 to 50 years.

I feel better having that kit as I have young adult children and feel great knowing they can always come home if shtf as I can take care of them all without them having to worry about this kind of crap.

5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

We got my wife a 2018 crosstrek and she loves it so much my son bought a 2015 crosstrek.  Good choice!!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

We got my wife a 2018 crosstrek and she loves it so much my son bought a 2015 crosstrek.  Good choice!!

ya im tall 6’4 i tried crosstrek and it was a lil tight fitting im gonna either go crosstrek or toyoya x5 or tacoma but cross trek look coolest  and sporty 

• Cheers 1

Happy that everyone I know seems to have avoided Covid so far. Really looking forward to hockey in July and August. No hockey has always been the only downside to long, sunny summers, but this year there is a chance we'll get hockey all summer. All day at the lake, eating outdoors, then home for a game and barbecue. 

4 hours ago, canuktravella said:

ya im tall 6’4 i tried crosstrek and it was a lil tight fitting im gonna either go crosstrek or toyoya x5 or tacoma but cross trek look coolest  and sporty 

You can never go wrong with a Tundra. If you’re hauling a trailer, I’d actually recommend one or a Chevy. Depending on how big of a trailer anyways.

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Happy that everyone I know seems to have avoided Covid so far. Really looking forward to hockey in July and August. No hockey has always been the only downside to long, sunny summers, but this year there is a chance we'll get hockey all summer. All day at the lake, eating outdoors, then home for a game and barbecue. 

Lol I dread mid-July hockey.  Go to work for 12 hours, hay for 4 hours. Try to watch a hockey game somewhere in there.