The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia! The Dark Tower: Game Over - Town Win!

Rate this topic

Kryten

3 hours ago, J-23 said:

Before BJ and Qwags Unvote:
BJ (1) - Aladeen

Carl (2) - Z, falc

Virt (2) - LL, Qwags

AV (1) - Nazzy

Nazzy (1) - J-23

LL (3) - AV, BJ, MR

Falc (1) - K

After BJ and Qwags Unvote and Most Recent Vote Count:

BJ (1) - Aladeen

Carl (2) - Z, falc

Virt (1) - LL

AV (1) - Nazzy

Nazzy (1) - J-23

LL (2) - AV, MR

Falc (1) - K

Protection Vote:

AV - Aladeen

Nazzy - Qwags

I'm pretty sure I've voted. Definitely for Virt, can't remember if I changed it.

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

I think this it’s right.

Anyways here’s what I find interesting, right after the Protection Vote is explained in the game, Qwags immediately puts his on Nazzy. Explanation and opinion on it was wack tbh. Then if we stick with Qwags, his scum list: AV (okay), Carlutch (okay), Aladeen (random af imo). Another meh explanation. 

Then next interesting thing is the LL bandwagon that’s been forming. AV first. AV again. Then BJ removes his vote on AV and places it on LL. Then once ME puts his vote on LL, BJ removes it. Idk but I don’t like.

I think this suggests some things. let's presume qwags is mafia. questions:

- would one of AV or LL be a sacrificial lamb?

- was aladeen thrown in because he's town? or because he's mafia?

my guess is that IF qwags is mafia, one is true, the other isn't. not that it hasn't been done before, but why risk outing most/all your teammates?

carlutch is a newbie, I have no opinion on him yet. that being said, if 2-3 of AV/LL/aladeen turn up mafia, there's a chance carlutch does as well.

something else to consider:

- is naz mafia? I find it hard that a mafia would slip so easily as to protect another mafia as soon as the protection vote was explained. I don't know if this blows out the hypothesis of qwags being mafia or if it clears naz, though.

54 minutes ago, Kurisu said:

Why not though? I always play most of round 1 off vibes and I'm always TP

Vibes are a thing. A bit of a lazy way of reading players, as there's probably some underlying reason for those 'vibes' that one is not taking the time to elocute, but still, a thing.

I just didn't like how Lucky included you in his reads list based on them:

6 hours ago, luckylager said:

The dirty birds are always a good conversation, I'm leaning both to the scum side. Falcon for his lack of engagement and BJ because that dude is always suspect. 

Just like you

And Deen

And AV

J

Z

K

Read like tp

Nearly all those names have been more active than you so far, yet he calls you TP based on 'vibes' from a few relatively null posts of yours (not a comment on your alignment, just on your activity so far). It stands out to me that you're included there, and when pressed he basically didn't give any real reasoning, which to me is not good enough. There's been no discussion on your alignment up to this point, although plenty on others (carlutch, naslund, etc), yet he feels certain enough to include you in his TP list and not others.

I also question his placement of Aladeen on basically no reasoning either. It just seems very hodgepodge, and like he felt he needed to sort a couple names without thinking much about it.

6 hours ago, Qwags said:

Are "strange vibes" reasons enough?

Strange vibes was me being lazy in my description of him. I think Lucky is showing some warning signs right now. He didn’t put much effort in defending his TP/scum reads last night. !TP Lucky usually has either emotion or opinion in his reasoning for formulating reads, but the way he responded to me and MR last night was concerning. I kind of think he made a list for the sake of it.

12 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

It's also interesting how falcon is using the "timing" of the game to knock my cases or prompts about J23/LL/Carlutch rather than their actual post material. If certain posts made my players stand out enough for one to form a strong enough opinion they are confident in, does it matter what the timing is? It shouldn't, unless they don't want those thoughts formulating or being shared. Notice how falcon didn't say he agreed or disagreed with my reads, just that it was "way too early." By doing this, he avoids having to formulate any opinion of these players and can continue to try and attack me.

You giving teammate likelihoods off a very small sample size of interactions certainly matters. It comes across as though you are privy to info the rest of us aren't.

The highlighted bit is hilarious. So, when I say it's too early for such reads? It means I disagree, because it's too early for teammate locks. And you're smart enough to know that.