The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia! The Dark Tower: Game Over - Town Win!

Rate this topic

Kryten

20 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Couldn't someone else have claimed Sheriff? My default setting is to never believe a word Virt says.

I agree 100%

Also the plan asking for the medkit seems a little weird as it won’t protect him this round. 

but whatever the case zfetch has to be lynched at this point. 

32 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Strange vibes was me being lazy in my description of him. I think Lucky is showing some warning signs right now. He didn’t put much effort in defending his TP/scum reads last night. !TP Lucky usually has either emotion or opinion in his reasoning for formulating reads, but the way he responded to me and MR last night was concerning. I kind of think he made a list for the sake of it.

I was more than a few whisky's deep at 1am.

I barely remember posting.

It's true though. I always find you, falc, AV, Deen and MR sketchy early in the game.

TP leans are based off nothing but gut at this point. As usual.

Riddle me this, since when does the sheriff get investigation results during D1? I've only ever received results after NF.

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

luckylager is still the guy to lynch lol.

He's been investigated haha.

1 hour ago, Virtanen87 said:

I am the sheriff and Zfetch is confirmed mafia. Please send the med kit to me and protect me from the mafia kill today 

Vote Zfetch

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Unvote, Vote Zfetch

hold on. what?

4 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

I'm pretty sure I've voted. Definitely for Virt, can't remember if I changed it.

I think this suggests some things. let's presume qwags is mafia. questions:

- would one of AV or LL be a sacrificial lamb?

- was aladeen thrown in because he's town? or because he's mafia?

my guess is that IF qwags is mafia, one is true, the other isn't. not that it hasn't been done before, but why risk outing most/all your teammates?

carlutch is a newbie, I have no opinion on him yet. that being said, if 2-3 of AV/LL/aladeen turn up mafia, there's a chance carlutch does as well.

something else to consider:

- is naz mafia? I find it hard that a mafia would slip so easily as to protect another mafia as soon as the protection vote was explained. I don't know if this blows out the hypothesis of qwags being mafia or if it clears naz, though.

coming back to this:

based off of this and recent developments, I think we can come up with a fairly comprehensive mafia list:

one of zfetch and virt

qwags

one of AV and LL

possibly aladeen.

unvote; vote zfetch, but I still want to know why AV vote switched so easily when he was uber-confident in his "source" that said lucky was our guy.

29 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

You giving teammate likelihoods off a very small sample size of interactions certainly matters. It comes across as though you are privy to info the rest of us aren't.

The highlighted bit is hilarious. So, when I say it's too early for such reads? It means I disagree, because it's too early for teammate locks. And you're smart enough to know that. 

Well in the event that Carlutch flips wolf at any point, I think it’s reasonable to deduce that J23 wouldn’t be wolf with him since he was the one that initially called him out. Then I deduce that LL wouldn’t be wolf with him either because he then took that case, ran with it, and started pressuring other players including myself about Carlutch, more aggressively than others who were also suspicious of him. So that leads me to believe LL wouldn’t be wolf with him either since I don’t think scum would shine attention on other teammates like that over the matter, even taking into account LL’s bus game as mafia. Then if I want to take it one step further, I would say LL and J23 are unlikely w/w themselves because I don’t see them or 2 wolves trying to conspire against a new player with simultaneous push in that stage of the game at the time. There responses didn’t seem scripted and both went about the situation different ways.

Why are you trying to knock my reads at every turn? First you knock them for being too early, now you are trying to hint at some TMI angle. If you disagree with them, that’s fine, but my reads are through observation of what has transpired so far and you seem to have a problem with that for some reason.

Vote Count

1. Master Radishes - Zfetch (protect J-23)

2. Zfetch - Virt (protect Zfetch)

3. Virtanen87 - Zfetch (protect Virt)

4. falcon45ca - Carlutch

5. Alain Vigneault - Zfetch (protect Virt)

6. Aladeen - Zfetch (protect Virt)

7. luckylager - Virt

8. Kurisu - Falcon

9. Blue Jay 22 - Zfetch (protect Virt)

10. Otherwise - ?

11. Naslund.is.king - AV

12. Sane33 - BJ

13. J-23 - Naslund

14. Qwags - ?

15. theJazz97 - Zfetch

16. Carlutch98 - ?

Lynch Votes:

Zfetch (6)

Virt (2)

Carlutch (1)

Falcon (1)

BJ (1)

AV (1)

Naslund (1)

No Vote (3)

Protection Votes:

Virt (4)

J-23 (1)

Zfetch (1)

Dear players,

I'm not actually any of the roles I claimed to be and everything I said up until now was complete 

With that said, it's time to be honest:  I am a town role that essentially forces a player (of my choosing) to vote for somebody else (also of my choosing).  Probably never going to use this mechanic in my role.  Well, if we have a lock-clear mafia and we need the numbers to clinch said lock-clear's lynch, I will.  So, maybe tonight if we see any funny business.

This was all done for the purpose of testing for reactions.

But it failed because too many new players interacted with my ruse and too many veterans didn't bite (for good reason).  Related though, I would agree with Kurisu that Blue Jay 22 had some mafia vibes going during that sequence.

Hope this helps,

Alain Vigneault