Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy McGill

Art vs Food: the corona virus edition

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Nah I don't think so. Singh is going to nationalize it.:ph34r:

yeah thats probably what he's going to suggest. The NDP manufacturing pharmaceuticals... what could go wrong? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As people seek out information about the spread of COVID-19, hackers are circulating fake dashboard that purport to show maps tracking the spread of coronavirus but that actually infect people's computers with malware when opened.

The tactic starts with hackers circulating links to malicious websites disguised as COVID-19 maps, either on social media or through misleading emails.

To avoid the malware, people are advised to stick to verified COVID-19 tracking maps, and to always use a VPN or proxy.

https://vpn4test.org/

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah thats probably what he's going to suggest. The NDP manufacturing pharmaceuticals... what could go wrong? 

No help in Alberta Jim. I just called and asked.

Told me I don't qualify, I refuse to ask Ottawa!!

Looks like I will go down with the ship.:picard:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

No help in Alberta Jim. I just called and asked.

Told me I don't qualify, I refuse to ask Ottawa!!

Looks like I will go down with the ship.:picard:

TMX is a certainty now tho, even if JT has to declare it in the national interest. TBH I'd like to see him to that with EE and CGL too.

 

And help AB diversify, but ffs man your resistance to it reminds me of the challenges I had giving my kid cough medicine. Just take it already!!! 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

TMX is a certainty now tho, even if JT has to declare it in the national interest. TBH I'd like to see him to that with EE and CGL too.

 

And help AB diversify, but ffs man your resistance to it reminds me of the challenges I had giving my kid cough medicine. Just take it already!!! 

NOPE!!

He has to declare EE national interest and emergency imo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

@Jimmy McGill I will die in a pool of my own alcohol before I ask Justin for help!

4952ab0d23e7a22b41af61d12fed3400.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Might be the wrong approach but that's just me.

Just seems a little extreme in my opinion is all. lol

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Alberta oil is now under $4 per barrel :wacko: Like less than a fricking hamburger. (https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/oilsands-producers-in-the-red-as-blended-bitumen-price-dips-below-4-per-barrel-1.4874401)

 

What I'd like to see is a whack of money go to AB and SK and NL to help them diversify. Maybe instead of the Canadian government funding another pipeline, put 4 or 5 billion in to a new generic pharmaceutical plant in in Calgary instead, so that we at least aren't reliant on supply from China in a disaster. But @Ryan Strome would have to agree to drop #wexit otherwise its going to Quebec :ph34r:

 

Hell, I say let them go :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the headline of the article this topic is referring to makes it sound like an excessive amount of money is going to the arts industry, like $54 billion or something, reading the article more closely paints a different picture. 

 

The article says that the $54 billion is part of the stimulus package that is directed towards the self employed and small businesses, and that the package would EXTEND to the arts and culture industry.  It didn't say the money is just for the arts, nor did it specify what portion of the package is for the arts.  The article also said that the package includes the media industry as well, such as the newspapers and magazines. 

 

So while that $54 billion is an eye opening amount, it may very well be that the arts and culture industry only sees a fraction of it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Any EMERGENCY funds being spent by the government during the worst pandemic to hit the world in the last 100 years should be spent on medical equipment and supplies and to help the citizens out so they can pay their bills.

 

No one said the arts should just be shut down never again to see the light of day.

 

The point of the debate was that emergency funds should not go to the arts at all (see above line once again) but for relevant needs to get us through the pandemic.

 

I bolded the important part so everyone understands we are talking about funds allocated specifically to get us through the pandemic.

 

Seems to be a pretty simple concept.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, aGENT said:

 

Hell, I say let them go :lol:

but we have to fight for the 3% that didn't vote UCP. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Any EMERGENCY funds being spent by the government during the worst pandemic to hit the world in the last 100 years should be spent on medical equipment and supplies and to help the citizens out so they can pay their bills.

 

No one said the arts should just be shut down never again to see the light of day.

 

The point of the debate was that emergency funds should not go to the arts at all (see above line once again) but for relevant needs to get us through the pandemic.

 

I bolded the important part so everyone understands we are talking about funds allocated specifically to get us through the pandemic.

 

Seems to be a pretty simple concept.

But part of emergency funding is to help all workers in all industries. You seem to want to cut out the arts early for some reason, but you could make the same argument for other industries.

 

We don't need to do the kind of decision you're talking about to get through this. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

But part of emergency funding is to help all workers in all industries. You seem to want to cut out the arts early for some reason, but you could make the same argument for other industries.

 

We don't need to do the kind of decision you're talking about to get through this. 

Agreed.  This was not a pandemic stimulus package, it was an economic stimulus package brought on because of the pandemic. While the medical and healthcare services, as well as the unemployed and furloughed workers are obviously at the forefront of this package, every other industry is gonna need some relief as well.  Otherwise these unemployed and furloughed workers are gonna have no job to go back to.

 

My perspective is that this stimulus package was for both short term and long term needs.  Short term packages to help us get through our current crises, long term packages to get us back on our feet after the crises.  At least that's how I see anyways.

Edited by skolozsy2
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Agreed.  This was not a pandemic stimulus package, it was an economic stimulus package brought on because of the pandemic. While the medical and healthcare services, as well as the unemployed and furloughed workers are obviously at the forefront of this package, every other industry is gonna need some relief as well.  Otherwise these unemployed and furloughed workers are gonna have no job to go back to.

 

My perspective is that this stimulus package was for both short term and long term needs.  Short term packages to help us get through our current crises, long term packages to get us back on our feet after the crises.  At least that's how I see anyways.

I was talking to my realtor the other day and her husband is in the film industry - he claims there are 100,000 layoffs in BC alone right now in direct and indirect film industry work stoppage. We just can't let these and other creative types left hanging. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

But part of emergency funding is to help all workers in all industries. You seem to want to cut out the arts early for some reason, but you could make the same argument for other industries.

 

We don't need to do the kind of decision you're talking about to get through this. 

How would you know? Give me a break...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

How would you know? Give me a break...

I have higher reasoning functions. How could you not know? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.