The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kings sign Tyler Madden

Wish him all the best, hockey happens and I hope he gets his chance with LA and has success against everyone but us. No point in crying over hockey trades trades impacted by a worldwide pandemic. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I have a feeling he wasn't going to sign here and JB knew it. I have no proof but just figure. I'm a little surprised that at his weight he wouldn't want to play another year in NCAA. Oh well, good good luck young man.

I think he would’ve signed here if we kept him. Anyways good luck to him, hope he doesn’t haunt us down the road.

• Upvote 2

Benning said he sees Madden as a winger in the NHL.  We will see if that is true or not.  At centre there was no spot for him on the Canucks.  And as a right winger there was also no spot.  We have more right wingers than we know what to do with.  Guys like Podkolzin, Lind and Lockwood haven't even arrived yet.

Wish him all the best.  He will need to add to his 155 pound frame if he wants to play in a bottom 6 role.  The good news for Madden is LA is weak up front and he could get a spot either as a centre or right winger.  I think he has the talent to be an NHL player.  Problem was in Vancouver there wasn't much of a fit for a 155 pound player given the fact we already lack size up front and are trying to get bigger.  Madden was never going to take Gaudette's spot on the 3rd line.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, smokes said:

I'll care about this if Benning can't resign Tiffoli and we traded  Madden for a handful of games played.

This is true.  So I think it is imperative to sign Toffoli this summer as he fits in with our top 6 perfectly.  What a waste of assets if he doesn't.  

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, smokes said:

I'll care about this if Benning can't resign Tiffoli and we traded  Madden for a handful of games played.

Agreed on re-signing Toffoli.  Makes it worth it if we have Toffoli for 3-4 more years.  Need an Eriksson compliance buyout and everything works out okay.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, rekker said:

I have a feeling he wasn't going to sign here and JB knew it. I have no proof but just figure. I'm a little surprised that at his weight he wouldn't want to play another year in NCAA. Oh well, good good luck young man.

This doesn't prove that though (as you said at least)....

Edited by The Lock

Just now, Timbermen said:

It goes both ways though, nobody has proof it wasn't the case either. There was nothing wrong with the trade, unless you're going to blame him for hockey being cancelled.

Dat Madden guy! IT;s all his FAULT WHY HE CAUSE LOCKOUT!

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Dat Madden guy! IT;s all his FAULT WHY HE CAUSE LOCKOUT!

Did he have the rona? I meant JB obviously. Were we in a playoff spot before the shutdown? You did notice other teams that were making trades to bolster their lineups for the playoffs, no? I've seen this before, the outrage when he traded Subban or Shinkaruk, how will we ever make it.:frantic: