The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Mix Exchange - COVID 19 edition

Rate this topic

Kragar

29 minutes ago, Kragar said:

All riiiiight!  Thanks for getting those last ones in quickly, after a gentle nudge.  I'll have them distributed tomorrow (later today if I can).

Awesome I'm getting bored in the house! :)

Edited by otherwise

Hey all... I started sending lists out, but major fail on my part, as I think I have only sent the first song in most cases.  No need to let me know, unless you need to give me some grief over this ::D

Led Zeppelin - Good Times Bad Times:

Pretty fun jam. Led Zeppelin unsurprisingly delivers with its instrumentation. Incendiary.

8/10

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Life by the Drop

Not much for me to talk about with this one since it's so simple. I like his voice a lot. Nice little blues track.

7.5/10

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Breakdown

I guess I'll start by saying I was never a fan of Tom Petty's voice. I don't know what it is about it. Anyway, I was underwhelmed by this song. Nothing special to discuss. 

5/10

Nirvana - Lake of Fire (Unplugged MTV)

Speaking of voices I never liked, Kurt Cobain is up there. Not a grunge fan so I wasn't excited when I saw the band's name on the playlist, but I was pleasantly surprised to hear it was an acoustic version. Nice and laid back, but I still can't get over Kurt's voice. 

6/10

Rage Against The Machine - Calm Like A Bomb

Rage is a band that I've always planned to try out but never got around to it. Pretty cool use of the guitar effects. Glad to have heard this.

8/10

TOOL - Forty Six & 2

I always hear about Tool but I have no idea who the hell they are or what they do. The song is alright. I liked the guitars, but overall it's nothing to write home about. Felt like the song went on a bit too long.

6/10

Alice In Chains - Rooster

I liked this more than the Tool song. It's a little grungy but I like the vocals more than the artists mentioned above. The song didn't feel long despite its 6:17 runtime.

7/10

Metallica - The Four Horsemen

I didn't go through a teenage thrash phase like most, but I found an appreciation for it later. Anyway, this is lots of fun to listen to. Not really something I can vibe to while I'm on my computer, though.

8.5/10

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Three Little Birds

Pretty fitting song for these times. An iconic song from an iconic artist. Pretty much perfect from its message to its composition.

10/10

Overall, pretty decent boomer playlist I got. 

My First Story - Kengan Ashura (7/10)

- Cool-ish track.  One of the riffs sounded nice.  The Japanese and English singing is a neat mix.

Coheed and Cambria - Gravemakers and Gunslingers (5/10)

- This was just fine, kinda melodic I guess.  It sounded like any generic metal/hard rock song from the 00s.  Not terrible but not really interesting.

Metalocalypse - Doomstar Requiem (5/10)

- I gotta admit, I am still not unconvinced that this was a parody.  It's like Jack Black was crossed with James Hetfield.  Cool double-bass pedal throughout the song though.

Oasis - F***ing in the Bushes (8.5/10)

- A cool instrumental-ish track.  If the solo wasn't so generic, I would even go as far as saying that evens fans of Oasis wouldn't recognize it as one of the songs.  Good change of pace to the mix.

Mastodon - Blood and Thunder (7/10)

- I like the riffs in this, especially the progression in the chorus-ish part.  The guitar player practiced scales growing up and it shows.  Job well done.

Gojira - Silvera (8/10)

- I got Korn/Chevelle/Tool vibes from this for some reason.  It's weird because this is distinctly its own song.  Overall, cool but generic (not a bad thing).

The Haunted - Spark (7/10)

- We moved from songs composed in D to a song in C.  But then, you get hit with some shimmery arpeggios in A.  And after that, we git hit with dissonant chords in D.  And then a solo. Then, a breakdown.   Plot twits all around

Tool - Pneuma [Danny Carey edition] (10/10)

- Danny Carey.  Nuff'said.

Gonna guess falcon45ca.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

My First Story - Kengan Ashura (7/10)

- Cool-ish track.  One of the riffs sounded nice.  The Japanese and English singing is a neat mix.

Coheed and Cambria - Gravemakers and Gunslingers (5/10)

- This was just fine, kinda melodic I guess.  It sounded like any generic metal/hard rock song from the 00s.  Not terrible but not really interesting.

Metalocalypse - Doomstar Requiem (5/10)

- I gotta admit, I am still not unconvinced that this was a parody.  It's like Jack Black was crossed with James Hetfield.  Cool double-bass pedal throughout the song though.

Oasis - F***ing in the Bushes (8.5/10)

- A cool instrumental-ish track.  If the solo wasn't so generic, I would even go as far as saying that evens fans of Oasis wouldn't recognize it as one of the songs.  Good change of pace to the mix.

Mastodon - Blood and Thunder (7/10)

- I like the riffs in this, especially the progression in the chorus-ish part.  The guitar player practiced scales growing up and it shows.  Job well done.

Gojira - Silvera (8/10)

- I got Korn/Chevelle/Tool vibes from this for some reason.  It's weird because this is distinctly its own song.  Overall, cool but generic (not a bad thing).

The Haunted - Spark (7/10)

- We moved from songs composed in D to a song in C.  But then, you get hit with some shimmery arpeggios in A.  And after that, we git hit with dissonant chords in D.  And then a solo. Then, a breakdown.   Plot twits all around

Tool - Pneuma [Danny Carey edition] (10/10)

- Danny Carey.  Nuff'said.

Gonna guess falcon45ca.

This one is mine, nicely done AV & thanks for the review!

• Like 1

1. Lil Baby x Gunna - Drip Too Hard

There's this new form of rap where they sound like R&B singers with cotton balls in their mouths. This is one of those songs. 4/10

2. Lil Baby - Baby

Back to back songs from the same artist? Major mix faux pas. Same as before, cotton mouthed R&B, but this time with horrible lyrics. 3/10

3. Dababy - BOP

I'm so sick of the word baby now, & it's only 3 songs deep. 3/10

4. Future ft. Drake - Life Is Good

Super repetitive vocal melody, but at least it's got Drake? 4/10

5. Meek Mill w/ Drake - Going Bad

Going Bad is exactly what is happening in the rap/hip-hop world right now. 3/10

6. Young Thug ft. Gunna & Travis Scott - Hot

More cotton mouthed R&B. I'm wondering if all these hip-hop artists nowadays are so talented they have to get other people to help out with every. single. song. 3/10

7. Offset ft. Travis Scott & 21 Savage

Read above, it's the same. I'm having a hard time even telling these songs/artists apart. It all sounds the same. 3/10

8. Dreamville ft. A Whole Bunch o' Dudes - Down Bad

…...the title says it all. 3/10

9. Kendrick Lamar - Alright (To Pimp A Butterfly)

No, Kendrick Lamar, you ain't gonna be alright. Sorry. 3/10

10. Kanye West ft. Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz - Mercy

I don't know what's worse, the video or the song. 3/10

11. Lil Yachty, DaBaby ft. Drake - Oprah's Bank Account

Cotton mouthed R&B can only be improved upon with? Autotune vocals. 3/10

I'm going to guess this playlist came from Baer.

Toosie Slide - Drake

Nobody will be getting hit by cars doing the toosie slide in self isolation. I think thats where he went wrong with "in my feelings".

meme rating 6/10

Find my way - dababy

Probably went on youtube new videos section looked at what just came out this week and put it in a mix.

meme rating 8/10

soap -  Melanie Martinez

interesting production on this song sounds like somebody left the faucet running in the background. alright song i guess. this chick was relevant at one point after all.

meme rating 3/10

yung gravy and bbno$ - welcome to chilis

meme song meme rating 7/10 cause the welcome to chilis meme is dead now. it was at this point i realized this is a meme mix.

lean wit me - juice world

rip to him but like hes overrated af because of whiney ass zoomers meme rating 1/10 zoomer music

death bed - powfu

i get it dude you use tik tok lemme guess ur white and live in the suburbs cool me too but at least im not annoying about it

meme song -100/10

Tails & Inverness - Skeleton (feat. Nevve)

bro i forgot this was the year 2012 and this music was mainstream....epic win bro

meme rating 9/10 cause its actually a good song

CNCO, Little Mix - Reggaetón Lento (Remix) [Official Video]

this is how you know you are listening to a zfetch mix. 90% sure this is zfetch now beacause theres always this caribbean trendy song in there.

meme rating 1/10 this is a trend

thank you for shoveling this steaming pile of music into my ear holes

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

1. Lil Baby x Gunna - Drip Too Hard

There's this new form of rap where they sound like R&B singers with cotton balls in their mouths. This is one of those songs. 4/10

2. Lil Baby - Baby

Back to back songs from the same artist? Major mix faux pas. Same as before, cotton mouthed R&B, but this time with horrible lyrics. 3/10

3. Dababy - BOP

I'm so sick of the word baby now, & it's only 3 songs deep. 3/10

4. Future ft. Drake - Life Is Good

Super repetitive vocal melody, but at least it's got Drake? 4/10

5. Meek Mill w/ Drake - Going Bad

Going Bad is exactly what is happening in the rap/hip-hop world right now. 3/10

6. Young Thug ft. Gunna & Travis Scott - Hot

More cotton mouthed R&B. I'm wondering if all these hip-hop artists nowadays are so talented they have to get other people to help out with every. single. song. 3/10

7. Offset ft. Travis Scott & 21 Savage

Read above, it's the same. I'm having a hard time even telling these songs/artists apart. It all sounds the same. 3/10

8. Dreamville ft. A Whole Bunch o' Dudes - Down Bad

…...the title says it all. 3/10

9. Kendrick Lamar - Alright (To Pimp A Butterfly)

No, Kendrick Lamar, you ain't gonna be alright. Sorry. 3/10

10. Kanye West ft. Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz - Mercy

I don't know what's worse, the video or the song. 3/10

11. Lil Yachty, DaBaby ft. Drake - Oprah's Bank Account

Cotton mouthed R&B can only be improved upon with? Autotune vocals. 3/10

I'm going to guess this playlist came from Baer.

Im really glad you enjoyed my mix, falcon! I made it with you in mind.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1- The Mellowells - Melting Vibes.

Typical indy, lofi, ode to treble, college rock tune. I liked the subtle angsty nature of this song, makes up for its bland and vacant composition. 6/10

2- MAGS - Demon.

Has a very similar feel and tempo as Melting Vibes. Just more indy, treble charging college rock, except this song is way better. I liked it. 8/10

3- Kero Kero Bonito - Trampoline.

Hated it. It's like rebooting "Barbie Girl" except the girl on the trampoline is wearing a stupid frumpy sweater. So not only does the song totally suck ass in its attempt to be playful and fun, there's not even eye candy. 0/10

4- Boy Pablo - tkm

Reminds me of 80's pop, but overall the song is more enjoyable than crap of that era. It's dreamy, melodic and easy to listen to. Lyrics are a bit lacklustre, but overall it's not terrible. 5/10

5- Denzel Curry - Sumo

What can I say? I absolutely hate modern hip hop. The beat is ok I guess, but rappers these days get away with the most boring and basic rhyme structures. No lengthy flows with technical or difficult raps, just choppy senseless A rhymes with A, rhymes with A, and don't forget A... 1/10

6- Lily Potter - Oblivion.

Classic "girl with guitar" feel. She's got a very nice and easy voice to listen to. Nothing remarkable, just a nice chill tune. 7.5/10

7- Lil B - &^@# Kevin Durant

And I thought Denzel Curry was bad. Holy $&!# does this guy ever suck. Awful. (-6)/10

8- Scenic Route to Alaska - She only let you down.

Back to some college rock. Decent tune. 8/10

9- Chip Skylark - My Shiny Teeth and Me.

Song starts and I'm having fun. For whatever reason it kinda reminds me Footloose. Just a playful and upbeat tune with a punch of cheekiness. Two minutes later I want to punch Chip's shiny teeth down his throat. 5/10

10- Weezer - Only in Dreams.

It's a good tune. No doubt.

8.5/10

Thinking this mix is Kurisu's

• Huggy Bear 1

animal collective-in the flowers

it's like calming music they would play at a spa meets a haunted house/fairground music on the ride set it the 90s.

7/10

Beach house- lemon grass

it's got a poppy bop to it, but electro? idk has a "we tried to make a 90s song in the 2010s" vibe. I don't like the high pitched noise in the beat

6/10

dan deacon- become a mountain

I like the piano, I don't like when he whisper sings

6/10

the voidz- leave it in my dreams

sounds like an 90s band/ or song but I can't think of what it is. it's the clean guitar ....I think it sounds melodically like weezer-y.. in places...

7/10

Melody's Echo Chamber- some time alone, alone

sounds like a 2020s version of a 90s version of a 60s pop song with a british  psychedelic influence.

6/10

candy claws- fell in love (at the water)

in places sounds like a disturbed/haunted merry-go-round soundtrack like just before a bad guy jumps out and stabs everyone in a horror movie.

4/10

spiritualized-stay with me

much more zen to start out with...okay it's pretty zen the whole way.

5/10

portished-the rip

pretty chill

5/10

mgmt-when you die

kinda weird.

5/10

6.5/10 overall a good mix, I don't really listen to songs like this but it wasn't terrible.

I guess spoderman.