Sign in to follow this  
Dazzle

CDC Poker Club - All players welcome! Free to play/free entry

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, luckylager said:

Lol

Technically the wifes laptop. I'm not allowed to delete all her porn

Basing off your description from the previous post, a 'newer' Windows 10 computer should not be doing that.

 

Pokerstars is not a resource intensive program whatsoever, and the fact that it crashes is a concern. Do you know if your computer has any viruses? Do a free online scan first. I can help you a little with removing malware/viruses. It's a hobby.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent a request to join. Is there a way to change your username there? Might as well make it match what I have on CDC. Apparently there's a waiting period to change your profile pic there haha

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First game will be held tomorrow at 7:00 pm PST. Time can be adjusted depending on people's availability. Also, it can be earlier too. I'm just setting this up as a placeholder.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, Master Mind said:

I sent a request to join. Is there a way to change your username there? Might as well make it match what I have on CDC. Apparently there's a waiting period to change your profile pic there haha

No, the name can't be changed as far as I know.

 

I've also added you in - welcome.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for doing this, D!!  You are my hero...off work, this is a great distraction from all the worry.

 

Truly appreciate you setting everything up.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use 888 poker, can someone start one there too? I don't have enough space for both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Basing off your description from the previous post, a 'newer' Windows 10 computer should not be doing that.

 

Pokerstars is not a resource intensive program whatsoever, and the fact that it crashes is a concern. Do you know if your computer has any viruses? Do a free online scan first. I can help you a little with removing malware/viruses. It's a hobby.

Scanned after the first faulty install...?

Laptop was new on boxing day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

I use 888 poker, can someone start one there too? I don't have enough space for both.

What the heck? How is your hard drive so full? Pokerstars is probably not even 100 MB, lol.

 

I did consider 888poker initially, but I had problems downloading it. The page wouldn't even let me do it. It was just simply BLANK.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Scanned after the first faulty install...?

Laptop was new on boxing day

So you got it to run the first time, but after that, it crashes?

 

Maybe you downloaded the wrong version of Pokerstars for your windows (like there's x32 and 64 variants). You can check to see which one you have by right clicking on My Computer -> Properties.

Edited by Dazzle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dazzle said:

What the heck? How is your hard drive so full? Pokerstars is probably not even 100 MB, lol.

I'm a music nut, i have over half a terabyte of MP3's alone. Also have tons lossless files like Flacs. My MacBook is so full right now i can't even do a system update. I have to rid some music, i'll do that and make enough room for Pokerstars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

First game will be held tomorrow at 7:00 pm PST. Time can be adjusted depending on people's availability. Also, it can be earlier too. I'm just setting this up as a placeholder.

Are we able to join mid-game or do we need to be there right on time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

So you got it to run the first time, but after that, it crashes?

 

Maybe you downloaded the wrong version of Pokerstars for your windows (like there's x32 and 64 variants). You can check to see which one you have by right clicking on My Computer -> Properties.

First time after download it prompted me to set up my username, then sent me to the lobby load screen where it crashed.

I opened it up again and it crashed at the lobby, again.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, same crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

I sent a request to join. Is there a way to change your username there? Might as well make it match what I have on CDC. Apparently there's a waiting period to change your profile pic there haha

 

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

No, the name can't be changed as far as I know.

 

I've also added you in - welcome.

I did a help chat on Pokerstars yesterday from the lobby - more (3 dots on the right) - help - contact help - and changed my username to Gawdzukes.

 

Diogo (pokerstars support) asked me for three alternatives, luckily my first option was available.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Are we able to join mid-game or do we need to be there right on time?

I believe you can join within the first ~20 mins or so? I'll get back to you on that.

 

The current format is set to have one re-buy (so you get a re-entry if you get knocked out early) and one add-on (that's if you're low and you get to go back to the same amount you started with at the beginning of the game - 1500 chips). I think you can join before this process happens.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, luckylager said:

First time after download it prompted me to set up my username, then sent me to the lobby load screen where it crashed.

I opened it up again and it crashed at the lobby, again.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, same crap.

I'll try and look into this through Google.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dazzle said:

I'll try and look into this through Google.

Just realized she had auto updates off..

So I'm gonna go ahead and update this laptop and see if that'll help.

Windows updates... guess I'll let you know what happened in about 7hrs

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow

This is bull$&!#. 100% remember why I only use computers at work (that somebody else maintains).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally. What &^@#ing saga

 

I'm Kold as Kolsch

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks like dazzle has posted a table for tomorrow at 7

Edited by luckylager
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.