The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #14

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #14  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #14 Canuck of All-Time?

• A. Burrows
    • R. Kesler
    • T. Tanti
    • H. Snepsts
    • A. Boudrias
    • D. Lever
    • K. Bieksa
    • B. Morrison
    • J. Lumme
    • D. Kearns

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Voting Kesler

Nominating Ronning

Ronning is a great nomination...coming up soon on my radar too - just a couple guys close to him that have not quite got their recognition yet...arguably the best second line center we have ever had ... little guy - reminded me of Radar from Mash...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Mogilny started our great-  better then Bure IMO given he was also responsible on the other side of the puck - and was third in goal scoring in the entire league, he also scored nine points is six playoff games ( AVs first cup) - a great start indeed - with Bure in the ranks too we were definitely going to win a cup (who knew that was our window Bure was out so ... one year of prime Mogilny was wasted).    Next year his scoring fell off a cliff.   Then Messier did a great job of teaching him how to float around - he became mecurial like Kovalev - ok one game - non-existant the next - great the one after that.  Fans that remember we actually paid a pretty high price in Peca ( who would have been our first Selke winner and finalist had we kept him - was the best two way player in the game for a couple years) and a first rounder and a depth player.   Anyone who remembers Peca standing up Selanne and destroying him (best open ice hitter in the game - or one of them with Stevens, at 185 lbs) in 1995 - and the fight filled game that ensued - think it was early February - google it and enjoy 260PMS and 20 minutes of nasty - there is a guy that would definitely be a top Canuck had we kept him.  Yes he had a great first season for us and it was one of two times I couldnt stop smiling for a long time when we got him (Luongo was the other)...but his time here was sullied by association and really it was not that great except for one season.  Have not checked but wouldnt be surprised if Peca outscored him in the same time period.  Do know he went on to lose to Dallas in 1999 though and become their C.

Edit:  I have Mogilny 25-30ish... lower then some but still higher then the supposed experts have him...because this is the greatest and not the best and time served counts.

Yeah I am also a Buffalo Sabres fan so I'm pretty familiar with Pecas time there.  He was awesome!  Even late in his career Peca went on that cup run with Edmonton in 2006.  He was still pretty solid during that run.

Kovalev is a good comparison for how I feel about Mogilny. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Morrison is on the list before Gino?

Tough crowd.

Kelser and Burrows before Snepts?

Ouch 

Yes it is..  I gave up within the first five spots voting from my actual list and started voting for the better of the two or three front runners instead - and particularly voted hard against Edler trying to keep him out of the top ten and not the first defenseman off the board.   I startwed nominating Snepsts early on before there was much traction - this time I voted Burrows just because I want to see him beat out Kesler.  Both were great players for us but only one was a loyal to a fault - including taking way less money then he deserved more to help the team win a cup ( Kesler did not - he took his money deal and Burrows was stuck making around 2...both had proved their value by then) of course he did get paid eventually but hes the type of guy any locker room, fan base and team would love to have.   My list has Snepsts before Edler, around 11.  Ohlund in the top ten and the first one off the list.   Then Lidster and Lumme - then Edler.    Morrison should not even be nominated yet.  Ronning should be ahead of him.   Thats the problem with not having a more even demographic voting.  And I get it - the 70s and are hard for me (how many 0-8 year olds can make a well thought opinion on anything)  - and even the 80s .... well at least until the late 80s.   Hard to compare guys when you were not born yet or never watched them play - try my best to deffer to the experts and the CDCers that were around for that - and people I know that have watched them since their first season.    Snepsts played in all-star games - not many defensive defenseman get to do that - reminds me a bit of WNP Manson who also did that (and also tough as nails).   Would be like Mitchell getting the call more recently in our history maybe.  Snepsts was also voted as the best defenseman on the Canucks four out of five years and during that time went to two all-star games...how many Canucks all-time have gone to all-star games as defenseman (its a short list). 

Har----Olllddd! Harrrrr-oooollddd! Harrrrrolllld!    Gino Gino Gino Gino!   Nobody every chanted Sedin or Naslund or Bure or any of the other guys in the top ten right - not many guys every got their own chant - Harold was one of them.   

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Baratheon said:

Yeah I am also a Buffalo Sabres fan so I'm pretty familiar with Pecas time there.  He was awesome!  Even late in his career Peca went on that cup run with Edmonton in 2006.  He was still pretty solid during that run.

Kovalev is a good comparison for how I feel about Mogilny. 

Loved Peca when he was here but thought we got the better player -it did not work out as planned.  Was stoked he went to the final and was rooting for Buffalo - their fans also have quite a bit of bad luck and things to be bitter about.  Was not happy Hasek stoned us at Nagano - but that was one heck of a perfomance by him to get his team that far - and Peca was also played a part in it.  IF he played around the same amount of games as Kesler did - I do believe that he might already be voted in on this list.   Not much not to like about his game......

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Snepsts played in all-star games - not many defensive defenseman get to do that - reminds me a bit of WNP Manson who also did that (and also tough as nails).   Would be like Mitchell getting the call more recently in our history maybe.  Snepsts was also voted as the best defenseman on the Canucks four out of five years and during that time went to two all-star games...how many Canucks all-time have gone to all-star games as defenseman (its a short list). 

Har----Olllddd! Harrrrr-oooollddd! Harrrrrolllld!    Gino Gino Gino Gino!   Nobody every chanted Sedin or Naslund or Bure or any of the other guys in the top ten right - not many guys every got their own chant - Harold was one of them.   

He was our Rod Langway.  And Rod is in the rafters in Washington.  There's a good reason Harold is in the ROH and it's nice to see him getting some traction in the voting for the first time this round.

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Loved Peca when he was here but thought we got the better player -it did not work out as planned.  Was stoked he went to the final and was rooting for Buffalo - their fans also have quite a bit of bad luck and things to be bitter about.  Was not happy Hasek stoned us at Nagano - but that was one heck of a perfomance by him to get his team that far - and Peca was also played a part in it.  IF he played around the same amount of games as Kesler did - I do believe that he might already be voted in on this list.   Not much not to like about his game......

I remember being afraid to play against Hasek that year at the Olympics.  I am also still bitter about that Buffalo Dallas final!  They should pull everyone out of retirement and finish that series properly!  Stupid Brett Hull...  haha

6 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Morrison is on the list before Gino?

Tough crowd.

Kelser and Burrows before Snepts?

Ouch 

Yeah Morrison is definitely in my top 50 and deserves to be honored on this list...but he definitely jumped the gun a little bit getting on the board that early.

It looks like I'm not voting for many of the West Coast Express and after guys but they're just already on the board or voted in by the time I would have been nominating them myself.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

• -AJ- locked this topic