The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks in Vancouver

Rate this topic

Mad Jon

Really hope the Boeser family fares well through all of this...thinking about Duke and hoping everyone's able to keep him safe and sound.

I imagine it's more comforting for hockey players to be close to family during this time and who can blame them for that?

May we all get through this unscathed...time to become the world hockey team and shut this damn virus out.  Sooner rather than later....  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Toffoli staying gives me hope we can keep him.

Hopefully if we get a buyout we can get rid of LoserSSon and give most of that $ to Toffoli. I think letting Tanev walk unless he signs for cheap is the right move. Then we can sign Tryamkin for less and hope he can fill a similar role with us....but it is a risk but would save us some $ by doing it

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Hopefully if we get a buyout we can get rid of LoserSSon and give most of that $ to Toffoli. I think letting Tanev walk unless he signs for cheap is the right move. Then we can sign Tryamkin for less and hope he can fill a similar role with us....but it is a risk but would save us some $ by doing it

I love the idea of bringing back Tryamkin but he is not going to replace Tanev. Tryamkin is a huge upgrade over Stecher and will probably cost less.

I'd say we need to re-sign Tanev, hopefully it's no more than 5M and not too long of a contract.

Tanev and Hughes just work so well together that I think it'd be a mistake to let CT go.  Tanev has a very patient, calm game that allows Quinn to "go for it" and work his magic with creativity.  Hate the idea of Stech going too....he brings it every. single. shift.  Without fail..high energy and that stuff spreads.

I basically have no answers.

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Really don't want to lose Tanev given any choice.  He's our only shutdown guy and I'd be worried our defense would look like Toronto's without him, which isn't good enough for the NHL.

• Like 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Really don't want to lose Tanev given any choice.  He's our only shutdown guy and I'd be worried our defense would look like Toronto's without him, which isn't good enough for the NHL.

I agree, Tanman has been so steady when healthy over the years. It would hurt us if we lose him

46 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Tanev and Hughes just work so well together that I think it'd be a mistake to let CT go.  Tanev has a very patient, calm game that allows Quinn to "go for it" and work his magic with creativity.  Hate the idea of Stech going too....he brings it every. single. shift.  Without fail..high energy and that stuff spreads.

I basically have no answers.

I understand this train of thought, but I feel we have to become less attached to our players to take the next step forward to becoming Stanley Cup contenders.

With that 5 million we need a top 4 D who can provide more offence while playing well defensively (What Seabrook was to Keith) and an upgrade on Stecher with hopefully a player that brings a solid defensive game but also size and physicality for the playoffs.

Perhaps these upgrades can come internally via Rafferty and Tryamkin on the right side.

Edited by MrCanuck94

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Toffoli staying gives me hope we can keep him.

Don’t really blame him for not wanting to be in California right now, or even Ontario for that matter.

Im hoping that him and Benning have had some preliminary talks during this time. Obviously they can’t talk numbers because of the uncertainty of next years cap. But at least he can find out if there’s interest in staying here long term.

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

But Marky and Petey fled, trade them NOW!

Sweden seems like the best place to be right now. They seem to have things contained there for now.

Im sure like most players they want to be with their families during this time too.