The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks in Vancouver

Rate this topic

Mad Jon

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t really blame him for not wanting to be in California right now, or even Ontario for that matter.

Im hoping that him and Benning have had some preliminary talks during this time. Obviously they can’t talk numbers because of the uncertainty of next years cap. But at least he can find out if there’s interest in staying here long term.

Sweden seems like the best place to be right now. They seem to have things contained there for now.

Im sure like most players they want to be with their families during this time too.

I suggest you look at the number of covid 19 related deaths Sweden has had.....Not good given the number of people diagnosed.

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

If we are keeping Tanev, Myers is a must trade imo. Tryamkin can do close to the same job for half the cost or less.

Who would trade for Twiggy Myers tho.............

Tryamkin is a defensive d man and unproven on what he can be at the NHL level so far. Myers is a 2 way d man with good offensive instincts and the ability to put up 30+ points a year. Not sure if that's the same job or a risk a team looking to make the playoffs would take.

3 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Tryamkin is a defensive d man and unproven on what he can be at the NHL level so far. Myers is a 2 way d man with good offensive instincts and the ability to put up 30+ points a year. Not sure if that's the same job or a risk a team looking to make the playoffs would take.

I wouldn't call Myers "a 2 way dman". He has a good active stick but his defensive awareness isn't particularly great. He is a wider, taller Hughes. 

9 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I wouldn't call Myers "a 2 way dman". He has a good active stick but his defensive awareness isn't particularly great. He is a wider, taller Hughes. 

I'm not good with analytics but from the eye test to me Myers has looked pretty good defensively this year (better than I expected him to be as well) and I remember seeing somewhere that analytics showed that he was our best RHD.