The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #16

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #16  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #16 Canuck of All-Time?

• H. Snepsts
    • T. Tanti
    • J. Lumme
    • K. Bieksa
    • S. Salo
    • A. Boudrias
    • B. Morrison
    • D. Kearns
    • D. Lever
    • A. Mogilny

This poll is closed to new votes

Kesler dominated this last one with a resounding 62.3% of the vote and was voted in just behind his pal Burrows. There were a lot of nominations for several players, but Mogilny ended up pulling away in the end with nine nominations and was added as a voting option in the poll.

Reminder to both vote and nominate another player to be added as a voting option!

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently. Worth noting, that I do want to keep this to their tenures with Vancouver and as players, thus a player like Neely would only be considered for his Vancouver time and guys like Quinn and Crawford would only be considered for their playing careers, not their coaching careers.

The List:

#1 - H. Sedin

#2 - D. Sedin

#3 - T. Linden

#4 - P. Bure

#5 - M. Naslund

#6 - S. Smyl

#7 - R. Luongo

#8 - K. McLean

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

-------------------

#11 - T. Bertuzzi

#12 - M. Ohlund

#13 - R. Brodeur

#14 - A. Burrows

#15 - R. Kesler

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Time to make my appeal to 80s fans!

I'm voting for the often underrated Tony Tanti. I actually moved him up my list one spot from when we first started this list.

Nominating Doug Lidster, holder of the current record with 63 points in a season by a Canuck defenseman and long-time Canuck.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Vote:  Harold Snepsts  (Tanti is next in line)

Nominate:  Doug Lidster

Anyway, congratulations Kesler.  I have him a bit further down the list as greatest Canuck, but if the question is what player has had the best season as a Canuck, he is probably in the top ten.  Make it who has had the best regular season and playoffs combined in one year, and he could be top five.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 1

Voted: Snepsts

Nominate: Greg Adams

Glad Mogilny was nominated finally!  Have him at #17 or 18.

This is getting pretty tough... Have to go back and research to try and pick with the stats and memory... There isn't much of a gap between these canuck greats... It's easy to just be inclined to go with your bias.

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Voting Don Lever and nominate Greg Adams.

It's getting pretty close to Don Lever time for me.  After Snepsts and Tanti on that nominations list, it's close to a coin toss between Lever and Boudrias.

If this thing were to get extended just a little bit past the 50 player mark, Rick Blight himself starts entering the picture for me as well.  He had three damn fine seasons for the Canucks and was a point a game for his (brief) Canucks playoff career.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

It's getting pretty close to Don Lever time for me.  After Snepsts and Tanti on that nominations list, it's close to a coin toss between Lever and Boudrias.

If this thing were to get extended just a little bit past the 50 player mark, Rick Blight himself starts entering the picture for me as well.  He had three damn fine seasons for the Canucks and was a point a game for his (brief) Canucks playoff career.

I haven't projected my full top 50 yet but I have a feeling I will be in my top 50. My 1st 3 seasons with the Canucks (1975 thru 1978) there was no Canuck with more points over that period. I got hurt after that and could never get back to the same level of play but for that brief 3 year period it was hard to argue that there were better players on the team other than my buddy Don Lever.

• Like 1