The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #16

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #16  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #16 Canuck of All-Time?

• H. Snepsts
    • T. Tanti
    • J. Lumme
    • K. Bieksa
    • S. Salo
    • A. Boudrias
    • B. Morrison
    • D. Kearns
    • D. Lever
    • A. Mogilny

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I haven't projected my full top 50 yet but I have a feeling I will be in my top 50. My 1st 3 seasons with the Canucks (1975 thru 1978) there was no Canuck with more points over that period. I got hurt after that and could never get back to the same level of play but for that brief 3 year period it was hard to argue that there were better players on the team other than my buddy Don Lever.

Pretty cool you're posting on here, RB. Wasn't sure if it was actually yourself, or perhaps some 70's fan(even fam member?)

Could you help me with a distant memory from that time? Ma took me to an aunt's(in Burnaby) who had a TV that worked..we were dirt poor at the time. Reason was Canucks were playing a Russki team(Spartak?.I forget), & I HAD to see this, or the world would stop turning.

I recall a 2-0 finish, & you had both goals. Curt Ridley the shutout. Is this memory correct, because I haven't seen reference to this tilt for 4 decades.(thnx)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Pretty cool you're posting on here, RB. Wasn't sure if it was actually yourself, or perhaps some 70's fan(even fam member?)

Could you help me with a distant memory from that time? Ma took me to an aunt's(in Burnaby) who had a TV that worked..we were dirt poor at the time. Reason was Canucks were playing a Russki team(Spartak?.I forget), & I HAD to see this, or the world would stop turning.

I recall a 2-0 finish, & you had both goals. Curt Ridley the shutout. Is this memory correct, because I haven't seen reference to this tilt for 4 decades.(thnx)

Good memory..............I had a great game.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Can you recall the Russian team? Also(bet many fans would like to hear) was the experience of playing 1970's Russian players significantly different, than suiting up vs your usual NHL peers?

It was December 28th, 1977 against Moscow Spartak as you noted.......I was at the game as a fan.

Nux, I really wish I knew what it was like to play against the Russians back then.......sorry if my post mislead you. I died in 2005.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

But you're keeping the name alive around here, and a fine choice of old school veteran for a namesake.  A lot of Canuck fans would not even have an opportunity or incentive to hear about or look into Canuck legends of 40-45 years ago.  Nobody talks about Chris Oddleifson, Dennis Ververgaert, Ron Sedlbauer, Bobby Lalonde, Cesare Maniage, Dunc Wilson, John Gould, Gerry O'Flaherty and good old Rick Blight.  But they should get mentioned from time to time.

They achieved very similar things to (or greater than) players that are currently or were recently celebrated, like Jacob Markstrom, Radim Vrbata, Bo Horvat, etc.

My best friend's father was actually the President of the Canucks at that time and I had the opportunity to meet many of the players that you mentioned, including Rick Blight. Rick made quite an impression on me and that factored into me selecting my username. Bobby Lalonde was such a little guy.....smaller than Ronning. Sedlbauer was quite the character, just like he was on the ice. I am willing to bet that no player in NHL history ever led his team in scoring with only 16 assists as Sedlbauer did one year..

You're absolutely correct that those players should not be forgotten and I hope to do my part in making that happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

It was December 28th, 1977 against Moscow Spartak as you noted.......I was at the game as a fan.

Nux, I really wish I knew what it was like to play against the Russians back then.......sorry if my post mislead you. I died in 2005.

So you're a ghost?........It's chilling that you figured out how to haunt the Canucks forum, at least you don't seem malevolent.

• Haha 1

• -AJ- locked this topic