The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #17

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #17  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #17 Canuck of All-Time?

• T. Tanti
    • A. Mogilny
    • A. Boudrias
    • K. Bieksa
    • B. Morrison
    • D. Lever
    • D. Kearns
    • J. Lumme
    • S. Salo
    • D. Lidster

This poll is closed to new votes

Another fan favourite and longtime player gets in at #16, Haaaaaarrooooooold Snepsts! Lidster did quite well in the nominations and was voted in with eight nominations, so he was added as an option in the poll.

Reminder to both vote and nominate another player to be added as a voting option!

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently. Worth noting, that I do want to keep this to their tenures with Vancouver and as players, thus a player like Neely would only be considered for his Vancouver time and guys like Quinn and Crawford would only be considered for their playing careers, not their coaching careers.

The List:

#1 - H. Sedin

#2 - D. Sedin

#3 - T. Linden

#4 - P. Bure

#5 - M. Naslund

#6 - S. Smyl

#7 - R. Luongo

#8 - K. McLean

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

-------------------

#11 - T. Bertuzzi

#12 - M. Ohlund

#13 - R. Brodeur

#14 - A. Burrows

#15 - R. Kesler

#16 - H. Snepsts

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Looks like Tanti is taking this spot - no problem with that but voted Lidster - who finally got his due with the nominations.   Played 666 games with us, a lot of that on some not so good teams, an excellent skater and two-way defenseman for us (and a big dude), scoring 307 points.  

Nominate Jovonovski.  Main player in the Bure trade didn't made it a little easier to take.  Calder runner up - proceeded to take over our defense - and the closest thing we have ever had to a true all round number one defenseman.  Three consecutive all-star games (back when every team was not represented - you had to be good to go), three consecutive Babe Pratt awards, a trip to the Olympics winning gold where he co-led the defense in scoring and set up Sakic with a sweet saucer pass for the game winner..never quite scored 50 for us but did two years after he left, and he was also Phoinex best defenseman three or four years in a row when he signed with them.  Little doubt if he stayed with us he would have been well into the top ten and the first defenseman off the board.   He also did this in the darkest part of the dead puck era...retired 70th all-time for points and 50th for goals...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

No disrespect to Mr. Snepsts, but in my opinion he’s a bit high on that list. There’s 9 defenceman above him on the Canucks all time list. O well!

Voting Tanti, who should be a bit higher on the list. 

Nominate Bo Horvat. Might get some heat for this. But by the end of next season he’ll be top 20 in franchise scoring. Two more after that he’ll be top 10

• Cheers 1

On the Tanev nominations....don't really get that.  Jovo, Babych, MCCarthy, Lanz, Aucion, Murzyn.... a lot of other defenseman some of which played roles in deep runs (Diduck too if he played longer) and or were pretty darn good...Lanz for example was a big guy with a howitzer...Aucion tied the record for PP goals in a season until it was broken (by one goal I think)...Hedican wasn't too shabby either, neither was Mitchell although time served beats them out.  At this point Murzyn deserves top honours for defensive defenseman and time served...did anything and everything for the team night in night out..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

No disrespect to Mr. Snepsts, but in my opinion he’s a bit high on that list. There’s 9 defenceman above him on the Canucks all time list. O well!

Nominate Bo Horvat. Might get some heat for this. But by the end of next season he’ll be top 20 in franchise scoring. Two more after that he’ll be top 10

THN had him higher at 11....Edler at 20...and used four hockey historians with impeccable credibility to help make them.   Snepsts wasn't about points...neither is Edler other then longevity - hes around 20th all-time in PGP...take out guys who played one season or less and he moves up to around 15 (Brown, Hughes, Dunn, Kurvers etc.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Bo's next for me after Tanev tbh.

• Cheers 1