The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stan Smyl with the Judo Throw

Rate this topic

Kevin Biestra

Jim Robson, "Smyl's really strong. Not a particularly good fighter", and then Smyl drills the guy with an uppercut! :lol:

That's why you have guys like Smyl leading the way. People who say you don't need that in this day and age are living in some delusional, denial, fantasy land.

Players pay attention and are well aware that there's a price to pay. Doesn't mean it eliminates everything. But... I'd rather have that on my side than not. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Old Kings and Canucks uniforms are great.  Those are jerseys with character.

the Purple and Gold were sweet too, until some one mentioned that it was a queens crown.

I like the commontary too, "everyones waltzing around, they should play a little music"  classic

• Like 1

Man that pair of Smyl and Fraser, not many tougher than those two …. and they could play too. One season Smyl  led the team in PIM's, goals and Assists. The sad part IMO was when Fraser came down with diabetis and the medical staff never picked it up and they traded him away because he wasn't putting out … what a joke. I recall Punch McLean who was scouting for the Detroit pleaded with the Wings to draft him but didn't Vcr picked him up in the 3rd round, incredible pick

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Man that pair of Smyl and Fraser, not many tougher than those two …. and they could play too. One season Smyl  led the team in PIM's, goals and Assists. The sad part IMO was when Fraser came down with diabetis and the medical staff never picked it up and they traded him away because he wasn't putting out … what a joke. I recall Punch McLean who was scouting for the Detroit pleaded with the Wings to draft him but didn't Vcr picked him up in the 3rd round, incredible pick

And he brought us Tony Tanti.  I was on the ice with Fraser decades ago, took a few shots on me in net and I even stopped a couple.

Anyway, he definitely found his form again in Chicago.  Three 25+ goal seasons there, but like all these guys seemed to be over the hill at 29.

• Cheers 3