The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Thread of Positivity

HKSR

There is so much doom and gloom in this world right now, can we have some sharing of positivity?

I'll start:

A couple celebrates their 75th anniversary.

"“Be kind and love everybody,” she said. “We just gotta be patient and know that it’s going to end.”"

https://globalnews.ca/news/6774253/bc-couple-75th-anniversary-covid/?fbclid=IwAR27kKTfE5KmkJx8bgaKtdR6ROu4nP1D5LQl58HsalBAWCrvFY7OBl2WhjQ

And an ode to simpler times:

Chin up everyone.  We will get through this together!  Can't wait to see the celebrating when we beat this thing!

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

21 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

One small thing is we're giving Mother Nature a bit of a break, maybe the world should shut down for a week every year?

It is nice to see the environment around the world get a bit of a breather.

The polluted waters of Venetian canals are after a very long time running clean and clear again. The dense pollutive skies of China and India are actually clear after a very long time. Orcas have been spotted in Burrard Inlet.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This may not seem positive on the surface but I want to share this anyway because positive did come out of a bad experience.

My mother passed away at the end of February. Nearly six weeks ago. I had to fly back to the east coast that morning. It was devastating. She was in a nursing home, didn't pass from Covid-19 but rather complications from pneumonia. It was peaceful.

I was there for two weeks taking care of final arrangements. It was a fairly slow process while I was there with a lot of running around, meeting people, preparing things, signing documents, arranging the service, etc, etc.

As soon as I returned to Vancouver, the quarantine happened. It's been a lot to process in a short amount of time. 

The positive in this - which I'm truly grateful for - is that I was able to fly across the country just before all the restrictions were put in place, take care of everything, and carry out her final wishes exactly the way she wanted. As her only son, I feel so happy and proud that I was able to make good on her wishes for her the way she intended. 

I've been reflecting on the timing of it all and realize that had she passed during this quarantine, with social distancing, no gatherings, none of that would have been possible. The restrictions started immediately when I got back. I can't even imagine what would have happened. There's even a quarantine in place for people traveling from other provinces. It would have been a nightmare.

The other positive is that those two weeks helped to bring my family closer together in a healthy way and start the process of healing old wounds. Again, had this happened during the quarantine, I highly doubt things would be this positive without a sense of normal closure.

I look at things now today and think, wow, thank god for the timing. She got out just in time before this pandemic. 

And the other positive thing ...

I brought her cat with me, so - in some way - my mom lives on through this amazing little cat. :)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mother...my sincere and heartfelt condolences.  I really admire the positivity you've taken from what is a very sad situation.  Always something if you look hard enough.

May your Mom RIP in the comfort that you were there with her.  And I love that you have her feline friend to help (both of you).  <3

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mother...my sincere and heartfelt condolences.  I really admire the positivity you've taken from what is a very sad situation.  Always something if you look hard enough.

May your Mom RIP in the comfort that you were there with her.  And I love that you have her feline friend to help (both of you).  <3

Thanks so much, Deb! I really appreciate the kind words. I was hesitant to post because of the sad/downer factor but there was so much positive that happened, so I figured, why not? I've been reflecting these past few weeks and it's amazing how that all worked out and the positive ripple effect she left ... including the cat. :)

• Like 2