The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Edmonton Oiler's Colby Cave dies

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

how exactly does brain bleeding occur is it like a aneurysm or did he hit his head really hard or what?

I lost my Dad with an aneurysm. So when I saw this story it hit home with me. I'm curious how this happened as well. 

• Huggy Bear 3

11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I lost my Dad with an aneurysm. So when I saw this story it hit home with me. I'm curious how this happened as well. 

ya sorry to hear  my dad died from chest pains when he was at a small town  hospital no one was on duty and there was no cause of death on death certificate  in 1995 i think he had a aortic blot clot burst  because he had had open heart surgery in 1988 so he got 7 extra yrs it sucked   im still angry there was no cause of death on death certificate   garbage small town doctors  covered their asses for incompetence if you ask  me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canuktravella said:

ya sorry to hear  my dad died from chest pains when he was at a small town  hospital no one was on duty and there was no cause of death on death certificate  in 1995 i think he had a aortic blot clot burst  because he had had open heart surgery in 1988 so he got 7 extra yrs it sucked   im still angry there was no cause of death on death certificate   garbage small town doctors  covered their asses for incompetence if you ask  me

Worst part was my family went on board a Ferry to get to Nanaimo General. My Dad was on blood thinners for his heart at the time. So it made matters worse. But apparently there was nothing they could do. So I was with him for 6 days before he passed away. They at least gave him painkillers but I think at times it didn't work. One afternoon I was holding his hand and rubbing his shoulder. He leaned over and said "Hi" and smiled. I could have just died. I just held his hand tighter and told him we were all here for him. All he could say was "Hi". I was sad, but happy he could even do that. If I made him smile before the end that nails me still, but I appreciate what would be a small effort to some. Might have been a supreme effort at that part. 

What also got me, is my uncle holding his hand and saying to him "Arm wrestle you for a buck?" My Dad chuckled. I was so proud of my Uncle for being there too. 

Still chokes me up. I hope this kid makes it. 25 is way to damn young. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2020 at 2:54 PM, canuktravella said:

I don't understand your anger.

You said he had an aortic blot clot burst 7 years earlier and then say it sucked.

What difference does cause of death on the certificate make when he had 7 extra years?

'Garbage small town doctors' you say? How about Drs with inferior equipment?

You seem to ask for a lot.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1