The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4)

Final Fantasy 7 remake is available for download at midnight tonight. Already got my pre order in. I played the original on PS1, been looking forward to this for months. Stocked up on beer, got a nice bag of weed and am Looking forward to a long weekend of self isolation. Anyone else going to be playing it?

• 1 month later...

After 15 or so battles......I finally beat the top secret summons battle. Always died against Bahamut. You pretty much have to get lucky and not waste your summon material on the first three summons. After Bahamut, it’s the Pride and Joy boss and he’s nothing compared to Bahamut. I whooped his butt in 5 minutes. 

Only trophy left is to beat it on hard mode playthrough.

Bought it and im pretty dissapointed. Should have done my research, but i had it in my head that it was a “full” ff7 game, not just the midgar section of it. I was looking forward to chocobo breeding and maxing out stats in the broken down sub with yuffie and her conformer. 

The battles are basically ff15, minus the teleport attack. Actually the whole world seems like ff15 which isnt bad per se, as i loved ff15, but the battles never really feel like im in control. My group members never seem to be doing anything and when i need them to, they dont have atb. Probably more my own fault, but it is a lot of micromanaging that seems tedious. 

Also, i spent €100 on the deluxe version, to go through the hated midgar section, and its not really the “full ff7” game? That really sucks. 

Like i said, pretty dissapointed but nothing against the “game” itself. It is good, but i should have done my research and bought something else. 

*Rumor has it, part two isnt coming out till 2023. At the rate one got through the story, two ends where, cosmo canyon? Cant remember actual time frames, but in the original getting through midgar took around 7-10? Hours or so

Edited by MystifyNCrucify

9 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Bought it and im pretty dissapointed. Should have done my research, but i had it in my head that it was a “full” ff7 game, not just the midgar section of it. I was looking forward to chocobo breeding and maxing out stats in the broken down sub with yuffie and her conformer. 

The battles are basically ff15, minus the teleport attack. Actually the whole world seems like ff15 which isnt bad per se, as i loved ff15, but the battles never really feel like im in control. My group members never seem to be doing anything and when i need them to, they dont have atb. Probably more my own fault, but it is a lot of micromanaging that seems tedious. 

Also, i spent €100 on the deluxe version, to go through the hated midgar section, and its not really the “full ff7” game? That really sucks. 

Like i said, pretty dissapointed but nothing against the “game” itself. It is good, but i should have done my research and bought something else. 

*Rumor has it, part two isnt coming out till 2023. At the rate one got through the story, two ends where, cosmo canyon? Cant remember actual time frames, but in the original getting through midgar took around 7-10? Hours or so

By the time part 2 comes out, you'll need to get the next console to play it too :lol: