The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #23 - Tie-breaker

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #23 - Tie-Breaker  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #23 Canuck of All-Time?

• D. Lidster
    • K. Bieksa
  2. 2. Should the loser of the tie-breaker go straight to #24 or should we have a new full poll for #24?

• Loser to #24
    • New poll for #24

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I'm for the sudden death overtime, but who ever loses this tiebreaker shouldn't be put back into the pool to compete for 24th again if you ask me.

Anyway look at Lidster go.  He deserves a little respect after being unceremoniously kicked to the curb as assistant coach a few years ago.  I think most people didn't even know that was a Canuck great working the bench with Willie D.

He should have been looking up at himself in the Ring of Honour every home game if you ask me.

Lidster can replace Baumer anytime, IMO. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Lidster can replace Baumer anytime, IMO. 

Absolutely.   Or Babych if he's into that sort of thing.  

AJ - looks like Lidster now has almost half the votes of everyone from the last round...two shy.  And 50% more then Bieksa....think we can declare sudden death OT over with a glorious goal from the blue line from Lidster.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

As I did on the original poll, voting for Lidster.

Hi AJ - time to call this one?  Please consider respecting KB and moving him into 24th place with an automatic bye...his knuckleball from the blue line to nip the resurging and arguably better team in SJ game 5.....was legendary and just like that maybe he should get rewarded instead of going back into the pool for another go.   I actually like KB more - my favourite Sedin era Canuck...that said have to admit Lidster edges him out......both these guys are more then deserving a top 25 rank.  Have some nominations coming up that i'm looking forward to getting too...cheers  edit:  Lidster now has one less then half of all the overall votes from last time...

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Maybe to speed this up AJ you could put both these guys in as 23/24  - tied so 23, 23, and then got straight to 25.   Sudden death shoot-outs - not a fan ha ha.  Ties are ok.  Just a suggestion.   Think the Ronning votes will go to Lidster - and the Jovo votes got to Bieksa ....in the end when they all come in it will still be close.  

I don't see any need to speed it up, as we'll still be without hockey for a while. Having this last an extra day isn't so bad.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, IBatch said:

Hi AJ - time to call this one?  Please consider respecting KB and moving him into 24th place with an automatic bye...his knuckleball from the blue line to nip the resurging and arguably better team in SJ game 5.....was legendary and just like that maybe he should get rewarded instead of going back into the pool for another go.   I actually like KB more - my favourite Sedin era Canuck...that said have to admit Lidster edges him out......both these guys are more then deserving a top 25 rank.  Have some nominations coming up that i'm looking forward to getting too...cheers  edit:  Lidster now has one less then half of all the overall votes from last time...

That was a great moment and goal by Bieksa.

Of the three guys to send us to the Final, he's the first to get in.  Greg Adams is probably in the next ten guys, and poor old Jim Nill won't get mentioned by anyone but me most likely.  That guy was a clutch performer in '82 though.

That 1982 team actually provided a good number of big time performers in the NHL "builders" category - Marc Crawford, Jim Nill, Colin Campbell...

Smyl the Jack of all Trades in the Canuck organization, scouts Gradin and Delorme, coach Kevin McCarthy, coach Glen Hanlon, etc.

Edit:  I've been saying Jim Nill's goal sent the Canucks to the final in 82, but looking at the scoresheet it says Lars Molin had the GWG.  Anyway, Nill scored the first goal of that game against Chicago and gave the Canucks the lead they never relinquished I think.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I voted Juice, based on how dedicated he has been to our team overall. Everyone knows he's a die hard Canuck at heart.

Statistically speaking Lidster gets the nod, although different era. You can't go wrong with either pick for #23. 

Some interesting facts I didn't know about Lidster...

• Drafted by the Canucks in the seventh round! What a steal. 
  • Good BC boy ... Kamloops (City of Angels) 
  • Played 4 years @ Colorado College - Joe Sakic's neck of the woods (Colorado Joe) 
  • Had some really sweet mullets. image.jpeg.0191a3bb00593bfac0afa6bb6e75ba22.jpeg
  • Left the Canucks summer of '93 and was on the Rangers for the SCF clash (more rigged that the Bret Hart's WWF Montreal Screwjob)
  • Career High of 63 points in 1986-87 Season 
  • Kind of looks like Jerry Seinfeld 
  • Rangers traded him away to acquire former Canuck Petr Nedved 
Edited by apollo
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, apollo said:

I voted Juice, based on how dedicated he has been to our team overall. Everyone knows he's a die hard Canuck at heart.

Statistically speaking Lidster gets the nod, although different era. You can't go wrong with either pick for #23. 

Some interesting facts I didn't know about Lidster...

• Drafted by the Canucks in the seventh round! What a steal. 
  • Good BC boy ... Kamloops (City of Angels) 
  • Played 4 years @ Colorado College - Joe Sakic's neck of the woods (Colorado Joe) 
  • Had some really sweet mullets. image.jpeg.0191a3bb00593bfac0afa6bb6e75ba22.jpeg
  • Left the Canucks summer of '93 and was on the Rangers for the SCF clash (more rigged that the Bret Hart's WWF Montreal Screwjob)
  • Career High of 63 points in 1986-87 Season 
  • Kind of looks like Jerry Seinfeld 

If you didn't know he was on the Rangers in '94, you probably missed this beauty goal I've posted a couple times.

He's also in the running for the best skater I've ever seen in a Canucks uniform.  He didn't have Bure level speed but he had a more human level of Paul Coffey's grace.

Here he is fighting Mike Ricci, and not exactly looking like Mike Tyson but getting a pat on the back from our heavyweight Garth Butcher for representing the team.  Meanwhile on the ice Keith Acton attacks the (slightly) smaller Cliff Ronning.

Ha, it has nothing to do with the thread...but Keith Acton was a real rat.  A very good player but maybe he should have been the Rat instead of Ken Linseman.  Here he is charging Murray Bannerman (a good goalie that we drafted) from behind for no reason at all, just for the hell of it.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, IBatch said:

Maybe to speed this up AJ you could put both these guys in as 23/24  - tied so 23, 23, and then got straight to 25.   Sudden death shoot-outs - not a fan ha ha.  Ties are ok.  Just a suggestion.   Think the Ronning votes will go to Lidster - and the Jovo votes got to Bieksa ....in the end when they all come in it will still be close.  

A decent idea. I'll add it as a poll quesiton.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Can we get call it now?  Last run 52 votes overall - this time through Lidster with over 40 already....and a commanding lead.  Love KB and totally cool with just automatically putting him in right after Lidster....when first time posters are coming in and adding votes it stinks a little of duplicate voting...

• -AJ- locked this topic