The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alberta to send PPE to Ontario, Quebec and B.C.

Ryan Strome

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Come on, Jim. Whether it be through equalization, job creation in the rest of the country, or even in your home provinces case, doing many medical procedures on individuals from Saskatchewan who don't have the resources there, Alberta has done so much for Canada. The argument doesn't fall off the rails, we constantly get trashed and blocked and we do the very most for Canada. Want to end this debate? Answer two questions, if Ontario or Quebec were Alberta in terms of being rich in oil would they be fighting against Ottawa to extract and move their resource? Would there be so much government red tape?

Answer truthfully please.

No AB didn't do that 'for Canada'. No one took a high paying rig job in AB for the benefit of Quebec. Just stop it with suggesting there was some special brand of Alberta altruism.

Of course if Ontario had oil things would likely be different. But maybe not. There's always been an anti-Ottawa bent in the west and if AB had no oil and the feds were trying to push through a pipeline you might have seen a real western separation by now. Its all theoretical and does nothing but make guy like you even angrier. 

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

I get what you are saying

But as being pointed out Rowdy, it is a totally different situation...…..

If in the future, the tide changes, I would hope that BC would help out Alberta just as much, if in the position to do so

I could see it, outside the lower mainland that is. But here is the thing, just being honest we will always be better off so it's not help we need just no more blocking and impeding. Like you said earlier, let's all work together so we can pull more Canadians out of poverty and all Canadians can reap the rewards. 

• Cheers 1

I could see it, outside the lower mainland that is. But here is the thing, just being honest we will always be better off so it's not help we need just no more blocking and impeding. Like you said earlier, let's all work together so we can pull more Canadians out of poverty and all Canadians can reap the rewards. 

I feel like I can't keep my bloody mouth shut here on this subject...….lol

I am way too opinionated.....

I will say this...….If Alberta had come in with a comprehensive solution to our coast line concerns and offered to make it in BC's best interest (aka $$$$)

I am absolutely sure, BC would have taken the deal....IMO, from what I have read, that did not happen

There is enough blame to give everyone a bit......IMHO

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You and hip said this a month go and it was coming next week, remember?

I'm not in the room RS. All the news reports said both the feds and companies wanted to remain silent on any details until its done. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

so we're mad about theoretical stuff. OK. 

Albertans are getting the same programs everyone else is. The oil industry in AB is negotiating 10s of billions in a liquidity ball out. But yeah, nothin'. 

So you're getting a pipeline through BC. You're getting bailouts. And.... you're mad. 

I'm mad cause when ever Alberta needs something they need to beg.....

I think you mean if the pipeline gets built.......it's been approved for awhile.....

yes I know we are getting the same programs only problem is I knew guys before this about to lose their shirts.....

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I'm mad cause when ever Alberta needs something they need to beg.....

I think you mean if the pipeline gets built.......it's been approved for awhile.....

yes I know we are getting the same programs only problem is I knew guys before this about to lose their shirts.....

I am not sure that is true Rowdy

We take your coal, grain and Oil

We let you vacation here

:bigblush:

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

it's been approved for awhile.....

This may come as a surprise to you, but it takes years to build a pipeline.

Need material, need welders, need inspectors, need transportation.

Unless you are going to use magic? 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

No AB didn't do that 'for Canada'. No one took a high paying rig job in AB for the benefit of Quebec. Just stop it with suggesting there was some special brand of Alberta altruism.

Of course if Ontario had oil things would likely be different. But maybe not. There's always been an anti-Ottawa bent in the west and if AB had no oil and the feds were trying to push through a pipeline you might have seen a real western separation by now. Its all theoretical and does nothing but make guy like you even angrier. 

I like you but I honestly think you will never see it.

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I feel like I can't keep my bloody mouth shut here on this subject...….lol

I am way too opinionated.....

I will say this...….If Alberta had come in with a comprehensive solution to our coast line concerns and offered to make it in BC's best interest (aka $$$$)

I am absolutely sure, BC would have taken the deal....IMO, from what I have read, that did not happen

There is enough blame to give everyone a bit......IMHO

1) that makes two of us.

2) Agreed.

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Because of some fortuitous circumstances here in California, Governor Newsom recently announced that the state would be lending hundreds of ventilators to other states that have a higher need for them at the moment. Between that and the taxes I pay, I guess it's time for me to demand that people from other states start kissing my ass and thanking me for the privilege?

No one said this but of course you need to spin it that way for a response so our friend hip flies right off the handle.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not in the room RS. All the news reports said both the feds and companies wanted to remain silent on any details until its done. 

Well get your azz in there. Actually don't you want money for highly educated positions which leaves us "rig pigs" in the dust. Let's be honest we will get nothing. 

No one said this but of course you need to spin it that way for a response so our friend hip flies right off the handle.

This whole thread was created by you for this very reason lol

• Cheers 1

Here is the rub

Who's oil is it really? I mean, does BC, Alberta, PEI, etc really own the oil, or is it Canada's?

I would ultimately say it is Canada's

Just thought I would put a little more wood on the fire...just for fun! :bigblush:

It was starting to burn down....

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I get what you are saying

But as being pointed out Rowdy, it is a totally different situation...…..

If in the future, the tide changes, I would hope that BC would help out Alberta just as much, if in the position to do so

What's the difference between a recession and a plague? Both kill just in different  ways....

i just don't get it......we now see the strength we have by pulling together but we couldn't pull together even after Canada bought the pipeline......

its stupid.......when both ways Canada benefits.......

I hope your right but imho I don't see a difference Canada will lose people either way.....

it's just sad cause it was all over a dick size contest 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh, please. The entire point of this thread was to start another Alberta vs. Canada tiff. Otherwise why not just add it to the Corona thread?

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

What's the difference between a recession and a plague? Both kill just in different  ways....

i just don't get it......we now see the strength we have by pulling together but we couldn't pull together even after Canada bought the pipeline......

its stupid.......when both ways Canada benefits.......

I hope your right but imho I don't see a difference Canada will lose people either way.....

it's just sad cause it was all over a dick size contest 

Well, lets not go there! lol

8 minutes ago, inane said:

This whole thread was created by you for this very reason lol

You loling at yourself? How love how you draw your own conclusions. 

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Here is the rub

Who's oil is it really? I mean, does BC, Alberta, PEI, etc really own the oil, or is it Canada's?

I would ultimately say it is Canada's

Just thought I would put a little more wood on the fire...just for fun! :bigblush:

It was starting to burn down....

:angry: I use to like you.

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Oh, please. The entire point of this thread was to start another Alberta vs. Canada tiff. Otherwise why not just add it to the Corona thread?

The far left always knows it all.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1