The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #25

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #25  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #25 Canuck of All-Time?

• C. Ronning
    • D. Lever
    • P. Sundstrom
    • E. Jovanovski
    • C. Tanev
    • G. Odjick
    • G. Adams
    • D. Kearns
    • P. Skriko
    • G. Courtnall

This poll is closed to new votes

This one was tough.  Voted Ronning...close behind is Jovo...and Kearns and Lever and Sundstrom...all five of these guys have a good case for the top 25 so went with my favorite player this time.   Nominate Babych....Edit:  For those that remember - like Linden Dave Babych seemed to have an extra gear or two come playoff time - he is fourth all-time in D playoff  scoring (one point behind Ohlund who was also money come playoff time) and ahead of Salo in 14 less games and Bieksa in 11 less games played...his regular partner Diduck ( for most of his playoff games) is also top ten..these two were hard to handle and helped form a very solid top four during the prime Linden years.

Also on Ronning....he's still stop ten in several catagories -and number one in playoff GWG's  at 7....enough to win almost two series.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Kearns

HANSEN 

Gonna have to start arguing harder for my boy

Hansen is 20th in games played amongst Canucks, ahead of at least few players who've made this list already

He's also 32nd in total points amongst Canucks, impressive given he played mostly a bottom 6/top 9 role 

He was one of the few players we've had over the last decade that you could count on to give his all game in and game out, he didn't take games off

Seriously, Burrows gets a lot of love but Hansen was right there with him as a heart and soul player 

And then we've got this, helluva dude 

Don't sleep on the honey badger

Love it. I'm on board as well - Nominating Hansen(Bo will be next) 

Jannik Hansen so hot Right now - Jannik Hansen So Hot Right Now ...

Voting Greg Adams! Greg Adams! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

To be fair, Edler made the top 10, so Bo can bump him down haha. I would also expect Pettersson to get there too.

Get the Horvat nominations - he's 20th overall for forwards in games played and 21st in points for forwards and should make the top 50.   That said Oddleifson and Ververgaert  - both these guys made solid contributions to their respective teams too ... one was a hyped power forward - the other a solid two-way checker.  Not saying they should make it in before Horvat - but am suggesting it's a little early yet.   Same with Hansen - still have Williams, Oddleifson, Ververgaert, and Rota to consider as well for forwards - plus Butcher, Lanz, Murzyn, Aucion and maybe Halward, McCarthy and Lindgren to consider on defense (and of course the leagues strongest man Babych whom I nominated this round)...  

In five years I'm hoping guys like JT Miller, Hughes, EP, BB and maybe one or two other players on Horvats team get some love in these rankings - but for now we have to consider past greats and ranking them based on their body of work - regular season and playoffs - and how they matched up to comparable players in their era's etc.  Hate to see Cook come in and bump any of the above out but am expecting it.  Hansen deserves to make the list too - but we have to be careful not to push too many guys down the list or eventually they get bumped out.  Curiously our democratic fan vote has four guys in the top 25 that didn't make it in THN's book from three years ago.   Kearns went 22, Lever 21, Sundstrom 25 and Jovo way up at 16 (which I get no other defenseman played in three consecutive all-star games, was one of six canadians chosen for the Olympics as regulars - where he tied for the team lead in points plus was the guy who made the saucer pass to Sakic for the gold game winner, if he played his entire career with us he'd be top five)  ... a few guys going too early pushed the line up.   Its'  all good .... personally im very interested in what our fan base thinks - and get that a lot probably weren't around watching the 70-80's team.. but also that most on here are fans of the history of the team too and hopefully look past the stats when they can.   Gino, Butcher and Williams were great Canucks - looking forward to seeing their names in the rankiings.  And all good with the Cook nominations when they come...just keep them away for awhile.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

• -AJ- locked this topic