The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Former Flames coach Bill Peters lands in KHL

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

So JB's getting Train out of there before he gets the 'Flame-Taint', right......?

I don't think I'd call it "Flame-Taint", in fact I'd argue that even the Flames deserved better. I hate the Flames and I'm not keen on their fanbase, but there were a lot of Flames fans calling for his head when the story about Peters came out too. Peters being a scumbag is on Peters. But yeah, I'd rather have Tram outta there. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Personality probably fits that league better.  He's a bigoted dinosaur, which seems to be what owners there want according to MacT.

Mike Keenan coached a KHL team to a championship.  He was later fired because he was "too lovey-dovey".:lol:

Well... luckily he can't speak Russian so there's no way he can insult anyone or come across as racist? 

Edit: upon further review, looks like Nigel Dawes is going to be his captain... he looks black or half black... i wonder if anything will brew! 

Edited by apollo

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Personality probably fits that league better.  He's a bigoted dinosaur, which seems to be what owners there want according to MacT.

Take your race baiting elsewhere snowflake. 

On 4/15/2020 at 2:46 PM, apollo said:

Well... luckily he can't speak Russian so there's no way he can insult anyone or come across as racist? 

Edit: upon further review, looks like Nigel Dawes is going to be his captain... he looks black or half black... i wonder if anything will brew! 

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2301437/former-flames-coach-bill-peters-gets-hired-by-khl-team

Won't me surprised at all if this is correct and Dawes doesn't come back.  Big loss for them; he's a star over there.

• 5 months later...
On 4/15/2020 at 12:33 PM, Robert Long said:

just googled where Yekaterinburg is - its way the hell out there, 1700km east of Moscow.

So its kind of like sending Peters to Siberia. 

Same team that Tryamkin has played for since he was 18 yrs.

Peters actually is a blessing in disguise for Tryamkin, finally given the opportunities he has worked for and his potential warrants.

Tryamkin is getting 23- 29 mins a night , playing on all special teams , his personal stats are great.

Peters is using Nik to his potential.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Same team that Tryamkin has played for since he was 18 yrs.

Peters actually is a blessing in disguise for Tryamkin, finally given the opportunities he has worked for and his potential warrants.

Tryamkin is getting 23- 29 mins a night , playing on all special teams , his personal stats are great.

Peters is using Nik to his potential.

its nice to see for sure, I hope the timing works out that we can get him here sometime next season. 

50 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

its nice to see for sure, I hope the timing works out that we can get him here sometime next season. 

Apparently the KHL is struggling to keep this season going,. A report I read said 69% of games have been effected by Covid so far.

If the KHL regular season continues, It ends at the end of February.

If it is cancelled,  Tryamkin could theoretically be here before the NHL season begins.

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Apparently the KHL is struggling to keep this season going,. A report I read said 69% of games have been effected by Covid so far.

If the KHL regular season continues, It ends at the end of February.

If it is cancelled,  Tryamkin could theoretically be here before the NHL season begins.

man that would be great. I'm sure Peters would be happy to share his thoughts on Nik with Green as well. 

Not that I'm hoping for the KHL fans to lose their season, but if it breaks that way then yay us. There seems to be a lot of confusion around if/when Russian players will be allowed to come over to play, but I'm assuming there will be a usual FA signing deadline and he's also on our reserve list so that hopefully counts for something. I guess we'll need to wait and see how the NHL and KHL dates align.

• Like 1