Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Report] Former Flames coach Bill Peters lands in KHL

Rate this topic

So JB's getting Train out of there before he gets the 'Flame-Taint', right......?

• Hydration 1

Personality probably fits that league better.  He's a bigoted dinosaur, which seems to be what owners there want according to MacT.

• Sedinery 1

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

So JB's getting Train out of there before he gets the 'Flame-Taint', right......?

I don't think I'd call it "Flame-Taint", in fact I'd argue that even the Flames deserved better. I hate the Flames and I'm not keen on their fanbase, but there were a lot of Flames fans calling for his head when the story about Peters came out too. Peters being a scumbag is on Peters. But yeah, I'd rather have Tram outta there. 

• Hydration 1

11 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I suppose that's better than landing in prison. 

what did he do?

just googled where Yekaterinburg is - its way the hell out there, 1700km east of Moscow.

So its kind of like sending Peters to Siberia. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Personality probably fits that league better.  He's a bigoted dinosaur, which seems to be what owners there want according to MacT.

Mike Keenan coached a KHL team to a championship.  He was later fired because he was "too lovey-dovey".:lol:

• Sedinery 1

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Mike Keenan coached a KHL team to a championship.  He was later fired because he was "too lovey-dovey".:lol:

So Peters is perfect for that league then. 

• Upvote 1
  • Burr 1

Posted (edited)

Well... luckily he can't speak Russian so there's no way he can insult anyone or come across as racist? 

Edit: upon further review, looks like Nigel Dawes is going to be his captain... he looks black or half black... i wonder if anything will brew! 

Edited by apollo

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Take your race baiting elsewhere snowflake. 

good thing they do not have covid19 there though

i do wonder if his contract requires

that he adopts putin's latest fashion trend

and he is required to wear a hazmat suit while behind the bench?

On 4/15/2020 at 2:46 PM, apollo said:

Well... luckily he can't speak Russian so there's no way he can insult anyone or come across as racist? 

Edit: upon further review, looks like Nigel Dawes is going to be his captain... he looks black or half black... i wonder if anything will brew! 

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2301437/former-flames-coach-bill-peters-gets-hired-by-khl-team

Won't me surprised at all if this is correct and Dawes doesn't come back.  Big loss for them; he's a star over there.

• Sedinery 1