Sign in to follow this  
Moose Nuckle

Spittin Chiclets - Bo Horvat Edition

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Bo was featured on today's episode and it was awesome hearing from the big C.

 

Bo went into detail on teammates, ex teammates, his fight with Nurse, his time in the O and breaking into the NHL.

 

I personality like hearing players on SC because they have their guard down a bit and I have never heard Bo speak like that (thanks a lot Vancouver media).

 

Highly recommend listening. He is the last interviewee so skip to his part halfway through. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Bo was featured on today's episode and it was awesome hearing from the big C.

 

Bo went into detail on teammates, ex teammates, his fight with Nurse, his time in the O and breaking into the NHL.

 

I personality like hearing players on SC because they have their guard down a bit and I have never heard Bo speak like that (thanks a lot Vancouver media).

 

Highly recommend listening. He is the last interviewee so skip to his part halfway through. 

Officer Ross interview is good too. He’s funny. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Chiclets is solid but I don't think they hold a candle to Kes & Juice. 

 

Will give this one a listen shortly. The Burke Chiclets earlier this week was also good. These guys do put out a lot of content, Biz is great; the other guys I'm meh over. 

 

Half the time RA is trying to sell "mens" wipes... like come on smh... 

Edited by apollo
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, apollo said:

Chiclets is solid but I don't think they hold a candle to Kes & Juice. 

 

Will give this one a listen shortly. The Burke Chiclets earlier this week was also good. These guys do put out a lot of content, Biz is great; the other guys I'm meh over. 

 

Half the time RA is trying to sell "mens" wipes... like come on smh... 

Pretty much my take on them as well 

  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apollo said:

Chiclets is solid but I don't think they hold a candle to Kes & Juice. 

 

Will give this one a listen shortly. The Burke Chiclets earlier this week was also good. These guys do put out a lot of content, Biz is great; the other guys I'm meh over. 

 

Half the time RA is trying to sell "mens" wipes... like come on smh... 

kes & juice is horrid compared to chiclets.

 

Kes & juice is just more appealing to our fan base given the relatable content 

 

 

also why did covid end kes and juice?

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, apollo said:

Chiclets is solid but I don't think they hold a candle to Kes & Juice. 

 

Will give this one a listen shortly. The Burke Chiclets earlier this week was also good. These guys do put out a lot of content, Biz is great; the other guys I'm meh over. 

 

Half the time RA is trying to sell "mens" wipes... like come on smh... 

Hey I get the love for Kes and Juice too, but you are in denial if you don't love these beauties.

 

Hot tip, if you want good content, don't trash the guys that pave the way.

Edited by Moose Nuckle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Hey I get the love for Kes and Juice too, but you are in denial if you don't love these beauties.

 

Hot tip, if you want good content, don't trash the guys that pave the way.

I listen to their poddy from time to time... Like I said, I like biz. He's awesome... Met him once too. 

 

Whit is a little bit of a jerk tho, I can still listen and criticize his personality 

 

RA seems like a decent guy but I just can't take him seriously over the amounts of times I've heard him read ads for "&*+# wipes"... Also not gonna lie don't like that he's a bruins fan either 

 

It's a good podcast though. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, apollo said:

I listen to their poddy from time to time... Like I said, I like biz. He's awesome... Met him once too. 

 

Whit is a little bit of a jerk tho, I can still listen and criticize his personality 

 

RA seems like a decent guy but I just can't take him seriously over the amounts of times I've heard him read ads for "&*+# wipes"... Also not gonna lie don't like that he's a bruins fan either 

 

It's a good podcast though. 

Fair, I also met biz.

 

As for RA, I get your opinion. Gotta make that money though. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle
  • Sedinery 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listened to podcast... They have a fun format.  I usually enjoy their show... However this one... A blatant catering to the canucks fan base.... Out of duty it seems.  Really you can tell they really don't care to give a proper interview with Horvat.... And let's face it, Horvat is a super stand up solid human and was a good choice to be our captain but he's pretty vanilla in interviews of any kind... and though he swears once and opens up a bit... He's kinda boring to listen to.  Also he got dissed at one point talking about Colorado and Van having a big elite two team battle in '2027'... And he had no bite back comment.   Also, Biz going on about the van fans being animals or vicious... I mean okay... We have a loveable loser complex but i'd consider Boston fans to be more vicious or animal then ours.  Anyway, I'd prefer these guys have a current canuck or past canuck player on that they really wanted on for entertainment and just because they wanted (e.g. they spoke about Rousell) to, rather then just catering to the 'van fan pressure' to do so.  I can tell they could give two 'sh!ts about anything Vancouver.  

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Listened to podcast... They have a fun format.  I usually enjoy their show... However this one... A blatant catering to the canucks fan base.... Out of duty it seems.  Really you can tell they really don't care to give a proper interview with Horvat.... And let's face it, Horvat is a super stand up solid human and was a good choice to be our captain but he's pretty vanilla in interviews of any kind... and though he swears once and opens up a bit... He's kinda boring to listen to.  Also he got dissed at one point talking about Colorado and Van having a big elite two team battle in '2027'... And he had no bite back comment.   Also, Biz going on about the van fans being animals or vicious... I mean okay... We have a loveable loser complex but i'd consider Boston fans to be more vicious or animal then ours.  Anyway, I'd prefer these guys have a current canuck or past canuck player on that they really wanted on for entertainment and just because they wanted (e.g. they spoke about Rousell) to, rather then just catering to the 'van fan pressure' to do so.  I can tell they could give two 'sh!ts about anything Vancouver.  

Well if you find Horvat boring - and want to make him seem super interesting plus have them get a past Canuck - let's petition them to get Naslund on there and that snoozefest will make Horvat seem as colourful as Tiger Williams or Juice.   I still cringe a little at the thought of post or pre or mid-game interviews with Nazzy - showed about as much emotion as oatmeal without sugar or milk win or lose.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Well if you find Horvat boring - and want to make him seem super interesting plus have them get a past Canuck - let's petition them to get Naslund on there and that snoozefest will make Horvat seem as colourful as Tiger Williams or Juice.   I still cringe a little at the thought of post or pre or mid-game interviews with Nazzy - showed about as much emotion as oatmeal without sugar or milk win or lose.

Lol!... I 100% agree.  Don't think Nazzy will be asked to be a guest (crossing fingers!).  I will say that Markstrom story was funny... They should get Markstrom or Tanev on the show but again, these guys seem to have their teams they're loyal to... And Vancouver isn't one of them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.