The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nova Scotia shooter dead after killing 22 people/CDN Govt "assault style" weapons ban.

nuckin_futz

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Also, I'm curious as to the reasoning behind this:

Post image

Maybe the por-gun faction can tell me what this is all about, besides a dick measuring exercise.....:unsure:

They are just exercising their “free to intimidate others with long guns” amendment.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, greenbean said:

What would you consider as stockpiles or an excessive amount of guns? I'm just curious, and not attacking your idea at all.

I'd leave that determination up to the a working group of the RCMP and other affected groups. I'd have to see their logic on it from an experienced eye pov. 

My personal feelings on it? I'd say anyone that buys more than 1 per year. 

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

My feelings on guns are well documented, so I won't get too deep into this and derail the thread even further, but how is a database an infringement on your liberties? Or anyone else's?

I get the slippery slope argument, (although I don't agree with it) but how would it change your life in any meaningful way?

Because we live in a free country and I have the documentation to prove I'm a legal, responsible gun owner.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you have a false sense of what your "liberties" are in Canada. Gun ownership is a privilege, not a right. Right off the hop you can't make a "liberties" argument. 

No I don't. Absolutely it's a privilege, however it's a free country and the government doesn't need to be tracking me. No thanks to the Soviet union or the third reich.

What happens if that database gets hacked? Suddenly, we good guys become targets. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Because we live in a free country and I have the documentation to prove I'm a legal, responsible gun owner.

That doesn't answer my question. In what manner would it affect your life? What "liberties" would you be giving up?

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

My freedom. Law enforcement has no right to track me if I haven't broken any laws.

If you purchase a car, it is tracked. How is this different?

And how does this database change your "freedom"?

14 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No I don't. Absolutely it's a privilege, however it's a free country and the government doesn't need to be tracking me. No thanks to the Soviet union or the third reich.

What happens if that database gets hacked? Suddenly, we good guys become targets. 

so I assume you apply that same thinking to companies and you don't use a credit card? you're probably giving away tracking information daily to companies that have far less scrutiny than your government. 

What are you actually afraid of? that they will 'come for your guns'? I'm guess thats what this boils down to. 

Again, hacking risk isn't a legitimate reason to not start one. Someone can hack your Alberta health records, or AB driving record, or criminal record if you had one. Hack your bank. Etc. 

17 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Post image

Maybe the pro-gun faction can tell me what this is all about, besides a dick measuring exercise.....:unsure:

There's a lot of tubby gun owners down there. Though that country does struggle with obesity. 

I'm not one for usually making fun of someones appearance but if you are trying to look tough. Maybe skip the deep fried food and do a sit up now and again.

If a civil war broke out, half these dudes would be out of breath after the arduous task of loading their symbols of freedom. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

My freedom. Law enforcement has no right to track me if I haven't broken any laws.

not correct, at all. Your vehicle is in a database, no one is tracking you. Same thing with the guns you own. Two objects you bought, two databases.  

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

There's a lot of tubby gun owners down there. Though that country does struggle with obesity. 

I'm not one for usually making fun of someones appearance but if you are trying to look tough. Maybe skip the deep fried food and do a sit up now and again.

If a civil war broke out, half these dudes would be out of breath after the arduous task of loading their symbols of freedom. 

It's almost as if there is a uniform.......

Gun, ballcap or toque and a goatee.....:unsure:

29 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Post image

Maybe the pro-gun faction can tell me what this is all about, besides a dick measuring exercise.....:unsure:

The thing that puzzles me is the Trump / Pence signs like they are protecting the rights themselves. It’s the NRA and special interest groups that are protecting the rights they just happened to give trump a ton of money to push their agenda. My guess is no gun lobby and and the $$ behind it and Trump could give two s^*ts about the 2A.

5 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

The thing that puzzles me is the Trump / Pence signs like they are protecting the rights themselves. It’s the NRA and special interest groups that are protecting the rights they just happened to give trump a ton of money to push their agenda. My guess is no gun lobby and and the $$ behind it and Trump could give two s^*ts about the 2A.

Trump only cares about himself and money, typical rich guy with power.

He could give two $&!#s about these assholes.

• Cheers 1

Our medical records are online, prescriptions, taxes, IDES, credit reports, banking and mortgage records, credit accounts, cell phone, tv and internet, school records, all purchases through rewards and store cards etc, DMW, tollway tracking devices, gps, red light cameras, finger prints etc.

So why should we care if guns are registered as well?

Privacy went out the window long &^@#ing time ago!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

If you purchase a car, it is tracked. How is this different?

And how does this database change your "freedom"?

If I purchase a pick up it is not tracked by the government. 

31 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so I assume you apply that same thinking to companies and you don't use a credit card? you're probably giving away tracking information daily to companies that have far less scrutiny than your government. 

What are you actually afraid of? that they will 'come for your guns'? I'm guess thats what this boils down to. 

Again, hacking risk isn't a legitimate reason to not start one. Someone can hack your Alberta health records, or AB driving record, or criminal record if you had one. Hack your bank. Etc. 

I'm not a criminal and I have no money left so we are good.

Again if I use a credit it isn't tracked unless I break a law.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd leave that determination up to the a working group of the RCMP and other affected groups. I'd have to see their logic on it from an experienced eye pov. 

My personal feelings on it? I'd say anyone that buys more than 1 per year. 

I have an issue with one a year for sure. When I first got my PAL I bought 4 guns within the year, 2 shotguns, a .22 LR, and a .270, and my girlfriend bought 2. So between the 2 of us, we bought 6 guns in that year, which if that was being tracked then we would be on the cops radar even though we are law abiding citizens who have never had any issues with the law. If we did, we wouldn't have been approved for our PAL and Restricted PAL.

I'm not some gun nut at all, they are tools for me and that's it. But I'm not big into the government tracking what I have, but mostly it's due to the cost to the country. But I do see where some people have issues with it.

Edited by greenbean

3 hours ago, DonLever said:

New details has emerged that the shooter knew some of the victims, so this crime should not be considered an Act of Terrorism but rather as a Mass Murder.

Fair enough. I suppose it was premature to call it 'terrorism' without qualification. Just getting caught up on the details now.