The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nova Scotia shooter dead after killing 22 people/CDN Govt "assault style" weapons ban.

nuckin_futz

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

nice well crafted argument. 

You just said it yourself, guns aren't necessary for survival. Its recreation. If you gave that up you'd save lives. But you want to make an exception for your concept of "legal activities". But you don't allow for an abortion to have a legitimate reason. That sir, makes you a hypocrite, if you want to use absolute hard lines for one side and not for yourself. 

I didn’t say guns aren’t necessary for survival. It’s also not ‘my concept’ for legal activities it’s the governments. Just like abortion is legal and I’m not out front the clinics protesting, I’m saying I don’t agree with it. You haven’t changed my mind in the slightest and I haven’t changed yours. We’ll have to agree to disagree. 

8 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

I didn’t say guns aren’t necessary for survival. It’s also not ‘my concept’ for legal activities it’s the governments. Just like abortion is legal and I’m not out front the clinics protesting, I’m saying I don’t agree with it. You haven’t changed my mind in the slightest and I haven’t changed yours. We’ll have to agree to disagree. 

Happy to. But if you're going to use absolutes to call someone a hypocrite but you don't apply the same rigid standards to yourself then be prepared to be called out for it. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Happy to. But if you're going to use absolutes to call someone a hypocrite but you don't apply the same rigid standards to yourself then be prepared to be called out for it. 

Ok. I also never used the word or called anyone a hypocrite, you did. But I hear your point. I don’t wanna live in a world where everyone agrees with everyone about everything. So cheers. Enjoy your day. 

GREAT NEWS!!

A firearms rights group is launching a constitutional challenge of the government's ban on 'assault-style' weapons, saying the regulatory change threatens a fundamental charter right.

The government banned some 1,500 makes and models of firearms last Friday. The Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights (CCFR) — citing the Charter of Rights guarantee under section 7 of the right to "life, liberty and security of the person" — said Thursday that prohibition is "fundamentally unjust" because it deprives them of their property.

The CCFR said only litigation can stop the government's "abusive process." It said it has retained a Calgary-based lawyer who specializes in constitutional challenges.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/12-gauge-shotguns-firearms-charter-challenge-1.5559402

@Jimmy McGill I told you see you in court.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

GREAT NEWS!!

A firearms rights group is launching a constitutional challenge of the government's ban on 'assault-style' weapons, saying the regulatory change threatens a fundamental charter right.

The government banned some 1,500 makes and models of firearms last Friday. The Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights (CCFR) — citing the Charter of Rights guarantee under section 7 of the right to "life, liberty and security of the person" — said Thursday that prohibition is "fundamentally unjust" because it deprives them of their property.

The CCFR said only litigation can stop the government's "abusive process." It said it has retained a Calgary-based lawyer who specializes in constitutional challenges.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/12-gauge-shotguns-firearms-charter-challenge-1.5559402

Better Call Saul Memes - Home | Facebook

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

GREAT NEWS!!

Not only are they going to lose, they're going to lose so badly.  

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I disagree.

Framing it as a constitutional right means they believe it is a constitutional right.  As for claiming they are taking their property, the constitution gives and has given eh government power to decide if property is in fact dangerous to the public numerous times throughout canadian history.  This challenge will fail miserably and there will be nobody to blame.

3 hours ago, You Mad Bro? said:

You don't agree with a womens right to contol her own body....   wow?  Are you serious ?

10 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You don't agree with a womens right to contol her own body....   wow?  Are you serious ?

Typical. I care about saving babies lives so now I’m a woman hating misogynist. Funny how everyone for abortion has already been born. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Typical. I care about saving babies lives so now I’m a woman hating misogynist. Funny how everyone for abortion has already been born. 

Are you against all abortions or do you have certain stage of development that you believe the fetus becomes a baby?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Are you against all abortions or do you have certain stage of development that you believe the fetus becomes a baby?

I'm going to guess 5 or 6 strokes.....

....8 or 9 if he goes lefty....

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Obviously a loaded and heavily debated question/topic. And there are some serious and extreme exemptions from this but typically and/or broadly speaking I’m against any abortion after conception. If you disagree that’s ok hopefully you respect my thoughts on it. And to reply to Surrey as well I absolutely care, love and respect women and their rights. Which is why I don’t like that we abort 50,000 of them every year. 

9 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Obviously a loaded and heavily debated question/topic. And there are some serious and extreme exemptions from this but typically and/or broadly speaking I’m against any abortion after conception. If you disagree that’s ok hopefully you respect my thoughts on it. And to reply to Surrey as well I absolutely care, love and respect women and their rights. Which is why I don’t like that we abort 50,000 of them every year. 

Oh so you care about the unborn females.... but you don't care about living females.....    odd belief system.  

Women have the rights to control their bodies....  men have no say on womens bodies.

7 women ever on CDN supreme court -  VERY disturbing to see men decide on womens rights...

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

GREAT NEWS!!

omg I wish I had an office in Calgary. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Its not loaded anything. It's a heavy topic for some for sure.

Of course it's ok for me to disagree but thanks for your permission anyway. 

Is it a religious reason you oppose abortions?