The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nova Scotia shooter dead after killing 22 people/CDN Govt "assault style" weapons ban.

nuckin_futz

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Freedom of expression in Canada is protected as a "fundamental freedom" by Section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms

Freedom of Expression vs Freedom of Speech. Learn the difference and remember what you were actually and initially speaking about. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Freedom of Expression vs Freedom of Speech. Learn the difference and remember what you were actually and initially speaking about. 

ok there sharp shooter lol

Edit: gonna go buy some rifles this weekend regardless of what weak jt says

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Gonna buy a few more semi auto rifles this weekend. They are the same as the 1500 banned but are non restricted right now. And if people buy them now there is no list for JT and his bunch to take them.

May 1st was a sad day for Canada and rights...but oh well....Justin will be Justout soon enough lol

People that purchase guns for non hunting reasons....   LOL.   

Try a new hobby like knitting, photography or hiking...   

JT has just ensured getting re-elected... So many Canadians are asking for more gun laws... JT is such a great politician. 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

IMO definitions are super important when it comes to law. When definitions are subject to change on a case to case basis I have an issue.

Its the job of the courts to interpret the law. Words can have multiple definitions, that doesn't mean that you can claim that something is violation of the law/civil rights if it doesn't meet the intent of the law. The intent of the law was never to prosecute those who mistakenly use the incorrect pronoun. Courts also rely on precedent and there is no precedent to make such a claim.

14 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

By no means do I support what anti-trans/gay/etc people say but I believe in society today bad exposure destroys people, especially any sort of publication/business/etc.

The intent of the law was to go after people who will harass the LGBTQ community, so unless you are a massive a-hole and love to throw your beliefs in front of people to denigrate them, you are safe from prosecution.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Toews said:

Its the job of the courts to interpret the law. Words can have multiple definitions, that doesn't mean that you can claim that something is violation of the law/civil rights if it doesn't meet the intent of the law. The intent of the law was never to prosecute those who mistakenly use the incorrect pronoun. Courts also rely on precedent and there is no precedent to make such a claim.

The intent of the law was to go after people who will harass the LGBTQ community, so unless you are a massive a-hole and love to throw your beliefs in front of people to denigrate them, you are safe from prosecution.

See the law isn't even that strict. It gets way to much misinformation, you can say your beliefs but you can't verbally attack people with your beliefs. 

Not saying anyone in this thread but generally it's religious people that have issues with this however they very clearly missed the words of Jesus.

Edited by Ryan Strome

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

See the law isn't even that strict. It gets way to much misinformation, you can say your beliefs but you can't verbally attack people with your beliefs. 

Not saying anyone in this thread but generally it's religious people that have issues with this however they very clearly missed the words Jesus.

Yes, that's what is I meant in my last line. You can't keep throwing your beliefs in someone's face in an attempt to harass them. I can't go up to someone who is trans and repeatedly let them know that I don't believe they are the gender they want to be referred by. This includes deliberately using the wrong pronoun even after they have let you know their preference. I think we can extend such courtesy to all humans to refer to them respectfully and not in a derogatory manner.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Toews said:

Yes, that's what is I meant in my last line. You can't keep throwing your beliefs in someone's face in an attempt to harass them. I can't go up to someone who is trans and repeatedly let them know that I don't believe they are the gender they want to be referred by. This includes deliberately using the wrong pronoun even after they have let you know their preference. I think we can extend such courtesy to all humans to refer to them respectfully and not in a derogatory manner.

Exactly why I have an issue with those in the religious community attacking people for this. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Get a life.

Learn to read and follow what's going on.

Have one. It’s a good one. You continue to be incorrect with your comment however. One cannot say whatever they want, aside from hate speech. 

Edited by Sharpshooter