The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nova Scotia shooter dead after killing 22 people/CDN Govt "assault style" weapons ban.

nuckin_futz

6 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Many people do hunt with semi-auto. 

Semi auto for hunting is for crappy hunters  bolts are more dependable and more accurate....

So glad to see JT living up to his campaign promises and banning assault style weapons....  

No question now JT will get re-elected....   He is such a clever politician. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Semi auto for hunting is for crappy hunters that need more time at the range.......

Thankfully yes the list of banned guns  is broad....  and also way overdue.

Yeah... because criminals are totally going to be compliant now.  

Everyone can count on you to bring a little levity with your trolling.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Hmmmm...  80% not strong enough for you..

Even over 50% of current gun owners support JT's ban on assault style weapons..

Canadians support JT .

http://angusreid.org/assault-weapons-ban/

Edited by kingofsurrey

38 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

What you didn't comment on semi a's are for wimpy / crappy hunters.... ?

37 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hmmmm...  80% not strong enough for you..

Canadians support JT .

http://angusreid.org/assault-weapons-ban/

Sure... you're giving me heat for ignoring one of your comments, lol.

You still haven't even answered my question about the definition of a "assault weapon" from many pages back.  

I think a few others may have asked you similar questions before on almost every firearms related thread.

1.  what is the definition of "assault weapon"?

2.  how will this address illegal firearms smuggled in from the United States?

Please don't run away this time. 

Edit:  And he's gone, lol.

Edited by Lancaster
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Criminals gonna criminal isn't a retort.  Let's charge them when they break the law.  Let's increase the GST 1% and use the money to fund an expansion of law enforcement to catch these criminals you are so worried about.  Done with the criminals gonna criminal.

So how does not being able to own a semi-auto shiny weapon make your life worse.  If you are worried about security for yourself, there are plenty of pump action shotguns you can buy for that.  But with a massively expanded law enforcement to address your criminals gonna criminal fear, you shouldn't need those guns for security.  My guess is you should invest your money in a decent home alarm system.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

you should invest your money in a decent home alarm system.

I think he should take a few martial arts lessons and learn how to defend himself.  

Any dude that comes into my house will meet Mr. Louisiville ...  I don't need anything more than that.

PS - caught a guy a few years back in my yard at night.  Dude was all in black and wearing gloves....   Had tools of mine in his pockets that he had taken from my storage shed..... Lets just say he got to know me.

Female cop responding... threatened to charge me. LOL        Loser had apparently just been released from jail about a week earlier....

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Criminals gonna criminal isn't a retort.  Let's charge them when they break the law.  Let's increase the GST 1% and use the money to fund an expansion of law enforcement to catch these criminals you are so worried about.  Done with the criminals gonna criminal.

So how does not being able to own a semi-auto shiny weapon make your life worse.  If you are worried about security for yourself, there are plenty of pump action shotguns you can buy for that.  But with a massively expanded law enforcement to address your criminals gonna criminal fear, you shouldn't need those guns for security.  My guess is you should invest your money in a decent home alarm system.

Except they're not really prosecuting.  Isn't there a drug/weapons bust in Vancouver a few days back.... suspects has been released further pending investigation.  Lets just say I don't believe it's their first time being caught either.  

In regards to shotguns, 12 and 10 gauge shotguns has apparently been banned under current legislation.  Some bolt-actions has been banned too. 

I like to collect guns and shoot gun as a hobby.  If it were bows and arrows along with swords and spears, it's "okay" even though they're all deadly weapons.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

"Criminals gonna criminal" is tiring to read from you and others as well, let's be honest. There's a reason you are so dismissive of this point. It's true. The next madman who commits a very unfortunate crime using illegally obtained firearms, because we all know it's coming, this point will be brought up again. Then I suppose the argument will be "he was a law abiding citizen...until he wasn't". Clever.

"Assault weapons" meaning select fire (capable of fully automatic) have been prohibited for decades. "Assault style weapons" meaning (I suppose) firearms which look like fully automatic rifles, are what's on the list. Sporting/target rifles which are frequently used for varmint control.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

1) Except they're not really prosecuting.  Isn't there a drug/weapons bust in Vancouver a few days back.... suspects has been released further pending investigation.  Lets just say I don't believe it's their first time being caught either.  

2) In regards to shotguns, 12 and 10 gauge shotguns has apparently been banned under current legislation.  Some bolt-actions has been banned too. 

3) I like to collect guns and shoot gun as a hobby.  If it were bows and arrows along with swords and spears, it's "okay" even though they're all deadly weapons.  

1)  Again, the criminal part is a separate issue that we both agree need work.  It isn't a reason against tightening restrictions on guns.  Perhaps using it as a bargaining chip is an idea.  If this area gets some solutions that you want, then you won't challenge the new restrictions.  Win Win.

2)  This is another area where people like yourself should be at the table helping to formulate the ban instead of just stomping your feet and complaining about technicalities.  This all or nothing approach helps nobody.

3)  Well, this ban doesn't stop you from doing this.  It only maybe restricts you from using some guns for this hobby.  There are PLENTY of guns still available for you to collect and shoot.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

"Criminals gonna criminal" is tiring to read from you and others as well, let's be honest. There's a reason you are so dismissive of this point. It's true. The next madman who commits a very unfortunate crime using illegally obtained firearms, because we all know it's coming, this point will be brought up again. Then I suppose the argument will be "he was a law abiding citizen...until he wasn't". Clever.

"Assault weapons" meaning select fire (capable of fully automatic) have been prohibited for decades. "Assault style weapons" meaning (I suppose) firearms which look like fully automatic rifles, are what's on the list. Sporting/target rifles which are frequently used for varmint control.

I say that because that issue can be rectified by getting our politicians to get LAW ENFORCEMENT to do their job, and not have Cletus packing heat.  It can be solved by expanding LAW ENFORCEMENT.  That takes money.  Governments get money from TAXES.  So let's also increase taxes to increase LAW ENFORCEMENT.  There.  Problem solved.   

• Wat 1

36 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Semi auto for hunting is for crappy hunters  bolts are more dependable and more accurate....

So glad to see JT living up to his campaign promises and banning assault style weapons....  

No question now JT will get re-elected....   He is such a clever politician

He must be because he got your vote and has you constantly saying how great he is even after he bought TMX. Remember all the things you said?

29 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

What you didn't comment on semi a's are for wimpy / crappy hunters.... ?

What you didn't comment when I asked for the definition of an assault rifle .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Such brilliance you always come up with. Spend a billion dollars to take guns from legal, law abiding gun owners then tax everyone so there is more money to fight crime. I haven't the slightest clue how your brain comes up with this nonsense. 

• Like 1

Just now, thedestroyerofworlds said:

1)  Again, the criminal part is a separate issue that we both agree need work.  It isn't a reason against tightening restrictions on guns.  Perhaps using it as a bargaining chip is an idea.  If this area gets some solutions that you want, then you won't challenge the new restrictions.  Win Win.

2)  This is another area where people like yourself should be at the table helping to formulate the ban instead of just stomping your feet and complaining about technicalities.  This all or nothing approach helps nobody.

3)  Well, this ban doesn't stop you from doing this.  It only maybe restricts you from using some guns for this hobby.  There are PLENTY of guns still available for you to collect and shoot.

1)  There are already lots of rules in places to prosecute firearm offense... just the courts are too lenient.  Almost every single arrest of gangs and drug busts, etc... are always repeat offenders.  But I forget to bring my wallet to the range and get pulled over... I could be off to prison for the bit.  The courts will hammer any legal gun owners on papers if they could.  

2)  When the government are banning things left and right without any logical rationale behind it, what can gun owners actually do except to send petitions (the largest petition in Canadian history was dismissed immediately), and vote for MP with our interests in mind.  

Many pro-firearms groups has been reaching out to politicians who are anti-guns... to bring them to the range, to have them learn the PAL, etc... so if they are to make any decision, it should at least not solely based on ideology and fear mongering.  I don't think any has accepted such offers.

The firearm rights advocates has always been reaching out... the same can't be said of the opposition.

3.  For now there are many guns... but it has been stated that the list is ever expanding and it has been.  I mean, at what point is enough is enough?  "Sorry there, your antique blunderbuss is now classified as an assault rifle.... please hand it over immediately"?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Such brilliance you always come up with. Spend a billion dollars to take guns from legal, law abiding gun owners then tax everyone so there is more money to fight crime. I haven't the slightest clue how your brain comes up with this nonsense. 

Better than your brilliance.  WAAAAAAAAAA  I DONT" WANNA!!!!!!!!   JT IS TERRIBLE!!!   WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Wat 1

6 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I say that because that issue can be rectified by getting our politicians to get LAW ENFORCEMENT to do their job, and not have Cletus packing heat.  It can be solved by expanding LAW ENFORCEMENT.  That takes money.  Governments get money from TAXES.  So let's also increase taxes to increase LAW ENFORCEMENT.  There.  Problem solved.   

On this we can agree.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of removing these legally acquired firearms from their lawful owners the billions it will cost to buy them back would be better spent on programs you've described? 

Reasonable people would tend to agree with this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

1)  There are already lots of rules in places to prosecute firearm offense... just the courts are too lenient.  Almost every single arrest of gangs and drug busts, etc... are always repeat offenders.  But I forget to bring my wallet to the range and get pulled over... I could be off to prison for the bit.  The courts will hammer any legal gun owners on papers if they could.  

2)  When the government are banning things left and right without any logical rationale behind it, what can gun owners actually do except to send petitions (the largest petition in Canadian history was dismissed immediately), and vote for MP with our interests in mind.  

Many pro-firearms groups has been reaching out to politicians who are anti-guns... to bring them to the range, to have them learn the PAL, etc... so if they are to make any decision, it should at least not solely based on ideology and fear mongering.  I don't think any has accepted such offers.

The firearm rights advocates has always been reaching out... the same can't be said of the opposition.

3.  For now there are many guns... but it has been stated that the list is ever expanding and it has been.  I mean, at what point is enough is enough?  "Sorry there, your antique blunderbuss is now classified as an assault rifle.... please hand it over immediately"?

1)  Again, separate issue that you and I agree on.  It needs work.  Not a reason against this ban.

2)  When the average politician in opposition to the bans or registry only seeks to get rid of them, I don't think you can say that the anti-ban side has been all that logical and open for compromise.  

3)  Please show us where yer old bolt action or lever action deer-hunting rifle has been in danger of getting banned, let alone that antique blunderbuss.  LOL

5 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

On this we can agree.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of removing these legally acquired firearms from their lawful owners the billions it will cost to buy them back would be better spent on programs you've described? 

Reasonable people would tend to agree with this.

And maybe these law abiding citizens should just get over it.  Instead of acting like petulant children stomping their feet that their shiny toys are no longer legal.  I'm not anti-gun and you still haven't convinced us that you need these guns that are being banned.  All you've got is they are toys.  Your arguments that they are necessary boils down to things that can easily be rectified by other means.  I'd rather have law enforcement carrying heat than paranoid Cletus carrying heat.  And so do the majority of Canadians.  

14 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Better than your brilliance.  WAAAAAAAAAA  I DONT" WANNA!!!!!!!!   JT IS TERRIBLE!!!   WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I don't recall that post. Great rebuttal but given your earlier post I'm not surprised by what you mustered up here.

Lol hey I just thought you're WAAAAAAA TRUMP IS TERRIBLE AND I'M OBSESSED WITH HIM!

let me know when you can vote in the US.:lol:

6 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

And maybe these law abiding citizens should just get over it.  Instead of acting like petulant children stomping their feet that their shiny toys are no longer legal.  I'm not anti-gun and you still haven't convinced us that you need these guns that are being banned.  All you've got is they are toys.  Your arguments that they are necessary boils down to things that can easily be rectified by other means.  I'd rather have law enforcement carrying heat than paranoid Cletus carrying heat.  And so do the majority of Canadians.  

And maybe you should get over it. Trump won in a country you can't vote in instead of acting like a petulant child stomping your feet.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Thanks 1