The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nova Scotia shooter dead after killing 22 people/CDN Govt "assault style" weapons ban.

nuckin_futz

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I don't recall that post. Great rebuttal but given your earlier post I'm not surprised by what you mustered up here.

Lol hey I just thought you're WAAAAAAA TRUMP IS TERRIBLE AND I'M OBSESSED WITH HIM!

let me know when you can vote in the US.:lol:

Well, you did post that you wouldn't hand over you guns that appear on the list ... so ... kinda nailed the WAAAA part.  Also, you endlessly slag on JT ... so .. kinda nailed that part.

Fine, you got me on the TRUMP part.  That being said, understanding what out neighbours to the south are up to is kinda important.  You know, they are a major trading partner and a major purchaser of oil that originated from the province that starts with an A.  So being able to vote in the US has nothing to do with my following of their comings and goings.  You don't see it that way.  Sad.

13 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

And maybe these law abiding citizens should just get over it.  Instead of acting like petulant children stomping their feet that their shiny toys are no longer legal.  I'm not anti-gun and you still haven't convinced us that you need these guns that are being banned.  All you've got is they are toys.  Your arguments that they are necessary boils down to things that can easily be rectified by other means.  I'd rather have law enforcement carrying heat than paranoid Cletus carrying heat.  And so do the majority of Canadians.  

I don't "need" handguns either but, since criminals use them to commit crimes I guess they're next to be banned and you're ok with this?

It's almost more humourous you don't see how ridiculous this ban is than the actual ban itself.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

1)  Again, separate issue that you and I agree on.  It needs work.  Not a reason against this ban.

2)  When the average politician in opposition to the bans or registry only seeks to get rid of them, I don't think you can say that the anti-ban side has been all that logical and open for compromise.  

3)  Please show us where yer old bolt action or lever action deer-hunting rifle has been in danger of getting banned, let alone that antique blunderbuss.  LOL

2)  Most gun crimes are from illegal guns from the US.  The stats has proven that legal gun owners only contributes to a minuscule amount of violent firearm offenses.  It's plain as day that legal gun owners aren't the major problems here. 

3)  

No photo description available.

For shotguns:

https://www.westernstandardonline.com/2020/05/fact-check-have-the-liberals-banned-hunting-shotguns/

• Cheers 2

Just now, Lionized27 said:

I don't "need" handguns either but, since criminals use them to commit crimes I guess they're next to be banned and you're ok with this?

It's almost more humourous you don't see how ridiculous this ban is than the actual ban itself.

Sure.  Paranoid Cletus shouldn't be carrying heat.  Law enforcement should be the ones enforcing the laws and carrying heat.  It's humourous that you keep using criminals as your reason for gun ownership.  Outside of that paranoid delusion, there really isn't a reason for ownership of MANY types of firearms.  Outside of the few that can be "justified" for hunting.  And those are the types that I had and support.  

• Wat 2

10 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Well, you did post that you wouldn't hand over you guns that appear on the list ... so ... kinda nailed the WAAAA part.  Also, you endlessly slag on JT ... so .. kinda nailed that part.

Fine, you got me on the TRUMP part.  That being said, understanding what out neighbours to the south are up to is kinda important.  You know, they are a major trading partner and a major purchaser of oil that originated from the province that starts with an A.  So being able to vote in the US has nothing to do with my following of their comings and goings.  You don't see it that way.  Sad.

1) I actually get to keep my guns. 

2) So you're justifying your focus on the US but criticize me for my focus on my government in my country. :picard:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Sure.  Paranoid Cletus shouldn't be carrying heat.  Law enforcement should be the ones enforcing the laws and carrying heat.  It's humourous that you keep using criminals as your reason for gun ownership.  Outside of that paranoid delusion, there really isn't a reason for ownership of MANY types of firearms.  Outside of the few that can be "justified" for hunting.  And those are the types that I had and support.  

FYI, "paranoid Cletus" (?) cannot carry in Canada. You can apply for a carry permit...but you're not going to get it.

I really don't get the reference. I believe you're confusing the events in the US with what happens occasionally in Canada.

I'm certainly not using criminals as my "reason for ownership". I don't own any firearms for "protection". I'm a hunter and sport shooter. Criminals in possession of firearms should be the focus of the federal government if they're truly interested in "keeping Canadians safe". That's what I'm saying. Focus on the crime.

I was fairly certain that was clear.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

Many people do hunt with semi-auto.  It's actually better at times as they generally have less recoil and it's easier to fire off more shots to ensure a swifter result.  

Many "hunting rifles" are semi-auto.

Wallpaper USA, rifle, M14 images for desktop, section оружие ...

Plus the list has been expanded to include actual rifles people uses for long-distance shooting competition and hunting.  The one shot, manual reload rifles.  

Then the legislation also now includes many shotguns too.

So yeah, this list is very very broad.  When even websites, coffees and some airsoft guns are on the list to be "banned".... there's a big problem. 

I grew up in a hunting family and ate wild game until I left home.  There's no need for semi automatic

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

By the sounds of your post you never did the hunting. 

Semi Auto's is for soft wimpies that can't handle recoil.... also they are less accurate and less reliable..  so there is that.

At age 10 i matured and became less interested in playing war with my friends... so i am not very interested in Assault style weapons....

7 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Semi Auto's is for soft wimpies that can't handle recoil.... also they are less accurate and less reliable..  so there is that.

At age 10 i matured and became less interested in playing war with my friends... so i am not very interested in Assault style weapons....

I still play war...love that card game.

13 hours ago, Lionized27 said:

FYI, "paranoid Cletus" (?) cannot carry in Canada. You can apply for a carry permit...but you're not going to get it.

I really don't get the reference. I believe you're confusing the events in the US with what happens occasionally in Canada.

I'm certainly not using criminals as my "reason for ownership". I don't own any firearms for "protection". I'm a hunter and sport shooter. Criminals in possession of firearms should be the focus of the federal government if they're truly interested in "keeping Canadians safe". That's what I'm saying. Focus on the crime.

I was fairly certain that was clear.

You do realize that there is a significant contingent of people who use the fact that criminals have guns as justification for having guns because they need those guns for their protection right?  That is who the paranoid Cletus packing heat is.  Yes, there a lot of paranoid Cletus' in America, but they are here too.  I even think there are some posting in this thread. 

And really, I still don't see how this ban affects your ability to hunt and sport shoot.  The grandfathering and buy back portion will require legislation so there is still time to tweak the issues, like with that concerning 10 and 12  gauge shotguns.   But instead, people complaining about the ban are coming from the position that this entire ban is bs while the government appears to be standing firm that this ban is not changing.   All or nothing.   Yet the majority of Canadians want this.  Hell, in the US the majority of NRA members are for gun control measures like universal background checks.  

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I am all for banning semi auto / assault style weapons.   These guns are not needed by anyone.  Crappy hunters want semi auto's.

If people do not comply with the ban.  Arrest them  / sentence them / lock em up.....

Canadians support this ban ....

40 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I am all for banning semi auto / assault style weapons.   These guns are not needed by anyone.  Crappy hunters want semi auto's.

If people do not comply with the ban.  Arrest them  / sentence them / lock em up.....

Canadians support this ban ....

So the ones not supporting it aren't Canadians?

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

So the ones not supporting it aren't Canadians?

No I meant most Canadians support the ban and increased gun control.

Even most gun owners in Canada support JT's  restrictions.

Albertans are in the minority in Canada.  Canadians keep evolving and our modernizing our views towards increasing restrictions on  dangerous semi autos / assault style and handguns.   Rural canadians are increasingly becoming the minority in Canada and will need to change their habits as our laws evolve. 

18 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

No I meant most Canadians support the ban and increased gun control.

Even most gun owners in Canada support JT's  restrictions.

Albertans are in the minority in Canada.  Canadians keep evolving and our modernizing our views towards increasing restrictions on  dangerous semi autos / assault style and handguns.   Rural canadians are increasingly becoming the minority in Canada and will need to change their habits as our laws evolve. 

We are evolving...we chew skoal now.

• Haha 1