Sign in to follow this  
Ceres

Werewolf! The Awakening (Game Over - Town Wins)

1 minute ago, naslund.is.king said:

@Master RadishesPuts more effort in  self evaluation then his whole gameplay:P

Someone in another game I was playing on another site was like 'you didn't read everything closely but you noticed you were being scumread by so and so?' and I was like 'well duh, I'm narcissistic, if I see my name I stop and read'.

Are you guys not like this? :lol:

• Haha 2

Despite what Zfetch claims, I think this setup is fairly balanced. At first glance, 3 wolves does seem small, but there are multiple factors involved when balancing. First of all, the town has no sheriff but two JOATs. These JOATs aren't that powerful because after claim they become easy targets. There were also very low odds of them even being successful with their tracks or motion detects early on. Falcon hit two wolves on his first two and I don't think you'll see that too often in this setup. With proper analysis the wolves should have been able to shoot the JOATs consecutively on nights 2 and 3. That would have changed the outlook.

Furthermore, a smaller wolf team also means they are harder to catch and that there will be fewer interactions to analyze.  For the wolves to win in this setup, you need at least one true Deep Wolf that escapes the PoE. And you need a strong team around that. I'm not here to $&!# on anyone, but it's obvious that the town heavily outplayed the wolves in every facet of the game. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ceres said:

I'm not here to $&!# on anyone, but it's obvious that the town heavily outplayed the wolves in every facet of the game. 

100% true.

Evidence of why we should townsolve first and foremost, not scumhunt. You can nitpick a lot of people early on and call them scum. But if you create a small enough PoE by townclearing others you box out the wolves. This game was won because we had enough townread players by D2/D3 that there was nothing the scumteam could do to change the gamestate to their favour. They became demoralised and that made it even easier.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Despite what Zfetch claims, I think this setup is fairly balanced. At first glance, 3 wolves does seem small, but there are multiple factors involved when balancing. First of all, the town has no sheriff but two JOATs. These JOATs aren't that powerful because after claim they become easy targets. There were also very low odds of them even being successful with their tracks or motion detects early on. Falcon hit two wolves on his first two and I don't think you'll see that too often in this setup. With proper analysis the wolves should have been able to shoot the JOATs consecutively on nights 2 and 3. That would have changed the outlook.

Furthermore, a smaller wolf team also means they are harder to catch and that there will be fewer interactions to analyze.  For the wolves to win in this setup, you need at least one true Deep Wolf that escapes the PoE. And you need a strong team around that. I'm not here to $&!# on anyone, but it's obvious that the town heavily outplayed the wolves in every facet of the game. 

I think mountainous would have been more fair for the scum but just my opinion. With this setup the scum should have had something to balance out the JOATs not so much because of their powers but just because they had the ability to become town cleared.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, luckylager said:

You've gotta play in AV's game. No excuses. 

Sorry, but I'm definitely going to step away now. After this week I won't have all this free time of my hands. 

I mean, of course I'll still hang around to criticize things no one asked about. 

• Haha 3

Also want to point out MU has now finished two games with this setup prior to Champs and wolves won both. One was a sweep.

A third one is ongoing and town will probably win but it took three mislynches and a hectic D4 to finally get the first wolf.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

In

giphy-60.gif.7f004836acf245f1faede0bf8ef874e6.gif

.   @Sharpshooter

@falcon45ca

@Aladeen

@Master Radishes

.   @hoggers

.   @Kurisu

.   @Zfetch

@Time Lord

. @thejazz97

@Intoewsables

. @luckylager

. @Blue Jay 22

. @Where's Wellwood

@J-23

@DarthMelvin

@Sane33

@Salacious Crumb

@Carlutch98

@otherwise

@Virtanen87

@Ceres

@Qwags

@GoCanucks16

Was there any other reserves/ interested players from this game

Nice gif :wub:

Idk if I’ll join, I’ll decide later 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I think mountainous would have been more fair for the scum but just my opinion. With this setup the scum should have had something to balance out the JOATs not so much because of their powers but just because they had the ability to become town cleared.

I haven't fully thought of all the possibilities, but I think it's hard to completely clear any claimed JOATs because the wolves can also claim. And if they do claim, they put themselves in a vulnerable spot. I feel like without some possibility to catch a wolf with a night action, it can be very hard for the town to gain any traction, especially if they're facing a strong wolf squad. 

I'd say overall it's slightly town sided. And it was likely designed that way because in the past the mafia have dominated at the Championships - mainly due to unfamiliarity between the players, I assume. 

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 2

Just now, Ceres said:

I haven't fully thought of all the possibilities, but I think it's hard to completely clear any claimed JOATs, because the wolves can also claim. And if they do claim, they put themselves in a vulnerable spot. I feel like without some possibility to catch a wolf with a night action, it can be very hard for the town to gain any traction, especially if they're facing a strong wolf squad. 

I'd say overall it's slightly town sided. And it was likely designed that way because in the past the mafia have dominated at the Championships - mainly due to unfamiliarity between the players, I assume. 

Also though you have to take into the willingness of the players to go all in... in a championship game the scum team, one would hope would be so deeply invested they would make very few mistakes. So from that POV it is more balanced but on here I think people get to a point where it’s not worth their while and time to argue as to why they are not scum. So it’s hard to use championship mechanics balancing for casual hockey forum players IMO. 

ie

if everyone is invested and committed it’s an almost perfectly pretty balanced game.

• Hydration 2

Also we all have meta on each other. That helped us root out Lucky, who was forced to claim. It also fed into my read of certain players when townreading them.

• Hydration 3

1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

Also we all have meta on each other. That helped us root out Lucky, who was forced to claim. It also fed into my read of certain players when townreading them.

I think meta is indeed the biggest factor here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Don't worry, game not slated to start for another two weeks.  I'd like anywhere from 15-35 participants.  We need some flavour and some participants.

Put me in coach.

• Like 1

Thanks for hosting, Ceres. :)

good game everyone

huge s/o to falcon on townleading with his voice and night actions

• Hydration 4

Actually that's a lie, 112 was a low-posting lurker for the first couple years of her career.

She was the prototypical late bloomer not-even-a-prospect-anymore who you had given up on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone wanna add me to the mafia PM?

23 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Actually that's a lie, 112 was a low-posting lurker for the first couple years of her career.

She was the prototypical late bloomer not-even-a-prospect-anymore who you had given up on.

Same though. 

11 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Rude AF

Yeah MR! How you could not mention the future superstar Carlutch. 

11 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Don't worry, game not slated to start for another two weeks.  I'd like anywhere from 15-35 participants.  We need some flavour and some participants.

I just noticed this is gonna be called Werewolf too. :wub:

It's the start of a new era ladies and gents.