The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler, Lucic, Twitter and 2011.

Rate this topic

CanadianRugby

11 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Its one thing to trashtalk. Its another to be a complete oblivious hypocrite about it. If you're a player of Connor McDavid or Sidney Crosby calibre, saying "&^@# that guy, he isn't even in the league anymore" is low (and I wouldn't expect either of those players to stoop to that). But when you're Lucic, its borderline comical. Kesler is out of the league because his hip is held together by chewing gum and paper clips. Lucic is only still in the league because his contract is an albatross.

Kesler wasn’t much better a player of late. Their contacts aren’t all that far apart, but whatever, it’s more about their value at this point. 

Kesler is a creep, a sleaze and played the a greasy and cowardly game.

Lucic has earned all his labels too, but let’s not forget what a sack of poo Ryan Kesler was, probably still is. 

What is comical is the taking sides on this exchange between players. Little old lady gossip is at least done in person. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing OP.

This is definitely news worthy during a quarantine. Great stuff.

I thought Kesler took it too far with that last one, calling him ugly is pretty mean lol... it's not like Looch can change his face. I wouldn't let the image of Looch drinking out of the cup bother me tbh... we all know who the real champs were in 2011.

11 minutes ago, apollo said:

Thanks for sharing OP.

I thought Kesler took it too far with that last one, calling him ugly is pretty mean lol... it's not like Looch can change his face. I wouldn't let the image of Looch drinking out of the cup bother me tbh... we all know who the real champs were in 2011.

Lucic 110% deserves to called ugly. He posted a picture of him drinking from the cup, it is also something Kesler could never do again because he is no longer active in the NHL. I hate that 2011 Bruins team, if they didn't have daddy's boy, they would've never won that cup. They would not have even gotten past Tampa Bay in round 3.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, apollo said:

Thanks for sharing OP.

Kes should have responded with this and left it alone:

photo-1529585941234-2a891fb2efa5.jpeg.fd737bf1dce0fdda7cccba217a34edfd.jpeg

4 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Kesler wasn’t much better a player of late. Their contacts aren’t all that far apart, but whatever, it’s more about their value at this point. 

Kesler is a creep, a sleaze and played the a greasy and cowardly game.

Lucic has earned all his labels too, but let’s not forget what a sack of poo Ryan Kesler was, probably still is. 

What is comical is the taking sides on this exchange between players. Little old lady gossip is at least done in person. 

Lucic is just as much of a coward. At least Kesler has the ability to take a clean hit like a man and avoid uttering death threats in the handshake line.  Lucic is lucky no one has done the league's job for him and ended his career.

3 hours ago, apollo said:

Thanks for sharing OP.

Lucic could at least have the decency to wear a plastic bag over his face.

• Haha 1

Curious as to how much other trash talk went about in this video/ as a result of this gathering on Twitter?

Glad that it sounds like the other Canucks from that era stayed out of this since we had a couple trash talkers too. 
I mean Kes has a rep for talking trash so no worse for wear but hope no unwarranted, mean-spirited smack was talked about the Twins for instance.

Stay classy Massachusetts        

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Lucic is just as much of a coward. At least Kesler has the ability to take a clean hit like a man and avoid uttering death threats in the handshake line.  Lucic is lucky no one has done the league's job for him and ended his career.

I'd forgotten Lucic did that. POS! 

20 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I don't respect Patrice Bergeron for his hypocrisy. No way a guy who played with a hole in his lung (in 2013, I believe) should get as bothered as he did by Burrows' bite. The bite was on his glove and he shows his ungloved finger to the ref as if there would be teeth marks to see. Come on! 

&^@# Bergeron for that.

I've accepted I'm in the minority here but I couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I don't respect Patrice Bergeron for his hypocrisy. No way a guy who played with a hole in his lung (in 2013, I believe) should get as bothered as he did by Burrows' bite. The bite was on his glove and he shows his ungloved finger to the ref as if there would be teeth marks to see. Come on! 

&^@# Bergeron for that.

That's what I think of with Bergeron when I remember that Final.  Although I do think he is a classy player on the whole. But seriously, what does he expect shoving a gloved hand into Burrows mouth? How stupid is that?  Even though Burrows said he didn't bite, I wouldn't blame him. Even Cherry defended Burrows on that. 

And then two Bruins players in subsequent games mocked it by shoving their fingers towards the mouths of Canucks, Lucic and Recchi.  Classless organization.

Edited by kilgore
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, kilgore said:

That's what I think of with Bergeron when I remember that Final.  Although I do think he is a classy player on the whole. But seriously, what does he expect shoving a gloved hand into Burrows mouth? How stupid is that?  Even though Burrows said he didn't bite, I wouldn't blame him. Even Cherry defended Burrows on that. 

And then two Bruins players in subsequent games mocked it by shoving their fingers towards the mouths of Canucks, Lucic and Recchi.  Classless organization.

Not a single respectable player from that team.