The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Climate experts call for ‘dangerous’ Michael Moore film to be taken down

Ryan Strome

I think we’re at a very important point in our existence.

We need a global way of thinking and very fast. 

I’m not talking about tourism, the food supply or energy policy. I’m talking all of it.

We have made the Earth as small as Easter Island and we’re doing the same thing again; extinct our evolution back to the Stone Age.

The cross between industrial agriculture and finite energy is the end of us as we know it and the choices we have to make go against a thousand, thousand years of collective will.

There is evidence of some cultures having made those hard choices such as in Japan where cutting trees after a certain distance was known to be unsustainable; Papua New Guinea stuck on an island chose to practice infanticide in order to keep a balance between themselves and the nature they were afforded.

Others didn’t. Like the Norse who got stuck on Greenland for a mini ice age. However, that was but an end. Greenland had trees. But the Sun’s rays above the Arctic circle are severely angled and therefore very weak. Once cut, the trees never grew back. And they built Churches because that’s what you did with trees. They perished. Greenland was recolonized by Denmark again later on. 

There is not a chance outside of conventional war that we as the collective human species, would allows such decisions as population control to be made for ourselves nor toward each other. China’s One Child policy has seen major scrutiny in many editorial.

The real reason for the uproar of this movie is, no one likes the veil to be pulled from in-front of them. Even less so, not being given an alternative to the problem. 

YEAH. THERE’S NO SOLUTION.

That is energy as we currently know it.

Solar, bar none, should be our primary source of focus and energy. As far as humanity is concerned, we are but a speck of time to the Sun. It is infinite energy for us to use while being in tune with our environment.

Worse, we’ve done this dance before. About 13,000 years ago, a major catastrophe occurred; a meteor hit the Earth and created the Younger Dryas; huge mammals such as Mammoths were thrown across hundreds of miles, bones shattered in an instant.

Amongst the perished, a Global megalithic society. Evidence of shared technology is rampant across the world from Egypt stonework to its equal in Peru, including ancient methods of agriculture, architecture and belief systems, which it’s temples all point to true North; they were built prior to the Younger Dryas shift of the Earth’s axis 23 degrees.

Not after a few thousand years of post-Apocalyptic amnesia could we start again to gather our collective intelligence. Not until the Industrial Revolution was humanity on top once and for all.

We used to be able to cut stone to precision we could not recreate again until the late 1900’s and still today it is a specialty. We looked outward.

Now we look inward and we’re drinking the black blood of death like there’s no tomorrow.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I think we’re at a very important point in our existence. This is the time.

We need a global way of thinking and very fast. 

I’m not talking about tourism, the food supply or energy policy. I’m talking all of them.

We have made the Earth as small as Easter Island and we’re doing the same thing again; extinct our evolution back to the Stone Age.

The cross between industrial agriculture and finite energy is the end of us as we know it and the choices we have to make go against a thousand, thousand years of collective will.

There is evidence of some cultures having made those hard choices such as in Japan where cutting trees after a certain distance was known to be unsustainable; Papua New Guinea stuck on an island chose to practice infanticide in order to keep a balance between themselves and the nature they were afforded.

Others didn’t. Like the Norse who got stuck on Greenland for a mini ice age. However, that was but an end. Greenland had trees. But the Sun’s rays above the Arctic circle severely angled and therefore very weak. Once cut, the trees never grew back. And they built Churches because that’s what you did with trees. They perished. Greenland was recolonized by Denmark again later on. 

There is not a chance outside of conventional war that we as the collective human species, would allows such decisions as population control to be made for ourselves nor toward each other. China’s One Child policy has seen major scrutiny in many editorial.

The real reason for the uproar of this movie is, no one likes the veil to be pulled from in-front of them. Even less so, not being given an alternative to the problem. 

YEAH. THERE’S NO SOLUTION that includes energy as we know it.

Solar, bar none, should be our primary source of energy. As far as humanity is concerned, we are a speck of time to the Sun. It’s infinite energy for us to use while being in tune with our environment.

Worse, we’ve done this dance before. About 13,000 years ago, a major catastrophe occurred; a meteor hit the Earth and created the Younger Dryas; huge mammals such as Mammoths were thrown across hundreds of miles, bones shattered in an instant.

Amongst the perished, a Global megalithic society. Evidence of shared technology is rampant across the world from Egypt stone to its equal in Peru, including ancient methods of agriculture, architecture and belief systems.

Not after a few thousand years of post-Apocalypse amnesia did restart again to collect our collective thoughts. Not until the Industrial Revolution was humanity on top once again.

We used to be able to cut stone to precision we could not recreate again until the late 1900’s.

Now we’re drinking the black blood of death like there’s no tomorrow.

As they say on the Peak Prosperity podcast:  Infinite growth on a finite planet will not end well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I mean... its not unlike discussing certain topics around Alberta.... 

People get very dug in now, in part because its very easy to find an online community to agree with you. 

I will debate anything, sure we all hold our positions I just find the far left environmentalists are not open for discussion at all. I also said earlier there is no middle ground, most are so partisan these days.

25 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ever watch the 9/11 stuff? It's deliberately framed a certain way.

I remember the part where he tried to frame the evacuation of the Bin Ladins who lived in the US as if it gave credence to the that case 9/11 was an inside job, when really it only would have been genuinely suspect if they evacuated the Bin Ladins before 9/11 happened.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Red Light Racicot said:

I remember the part where he tried to frame the evacuation of the Bin Ladins who lived in the US as if it gave credence to the that case 9/11 was an inside job, when really it only would have been genuinely suspect if they evacuated the Bin Ladins before 9/11 happened.

I think it was bowling for Columbine where he walked right into someone's house. Sure Canada is safer then the US but walking into someone's house would get you shot or hurt. It was obviously staged.

20 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I will debate anything, sure we all hold our positions I just find the far left environmentalists are not open for discussion at all. I also said earlier there is no middle ground, most are so partisan these days.

I don't know that this is actually true.  Rather, it's just that the media has a tendency towards partisanship AND those who are extremely partisan are also extremely loud.  While it's growing, in my real life experience there are less people that are utterly partisan than my media and internet experience (unless you step onto a university campus... then the above statement is out the window lol).  

Edited by J-Dizzle
improper word usage as so kindly pointed out by rupert

5 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I don't know that this is actually true.  Rather, it's just that the media has a tendency towards bipartisanship AND those who are extremely bipartisan are also extremely loud.  While it's growing, in my real life experience there are less people that are utterly bipartisan than my media and internet experience (unless you step onto a university campus... then the above statement is out the window lol).  

:lol: so true.

I feel like I can't even be partisan as I don't even like any of the mainstream parties in Canada.

6 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I don't know that this is actually true.  Rather, it's just that the media has a tendency towards bipartisanship AND those who are extremely bipartisan are also extremely loud.  While it's growing, in my real life experience there are less people that are utterly bipartisan than my media and internet experience (unless you step onto a university campus... then the above statement is out the window lol).  

Are you sure you're using that word in the manner intended? :unsure:

3 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

The biggest concern to me in society these days is not someone making a movie... it is CENSORSHIP. What the HELL Is wrong with people these days and censorship? "Take it down"? Why!!! Free speech should let us all be able to make up our own minds. This isn't communist China, this is a free land. Today I read that a school board in Alaska banned The Great Gatsby from their list of approved books because it has too much sexual content. Give me a break. Also, all the banning of Nazi/Hitler stuff is ridiculous. I read that Mein Kampf is being banned and removed from libraries. Anything with Nazi content in it, including historical stuff, is being removed from youtube. There were professors at a university who teach HISTORY that had their lectures and videos removed from youtube because they talked about Hitler.

No folks, climate change isn't the biggest threat to us as a society... I would say a far bigger threat is censorship.

Insanity. When I went through school (not too long ago) we already weren't taught about the Soviet Union & its horrors, it was exclusively the Nazi's you'd learn about. Now they aren't even going to teach that?

Isn't it important to know what humans are capable of? And how such authoritarian regimes can come to be? 

2 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

The climate change community are very cult like. Like a religion. Agree with us or else. Not all of them. But many are. Too many. This helps to establish that notion. 

That's what happens when a cause or ideology becomes part of people's self identity.

This is something I always wonder about people who are crazy into partisan politics. The my team vs your team situation, on every issue. Can't they just watch sports to fill that 'team' desire, like the rest of us? Idk....

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

As they say on the Peak Prosperity podcast:  Infinite growth on a finite planet will not end well.

Well isn't that a hell of a problem

48 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think it was bowling for Columbine where he walked right into someone's house. Sure Canada is safer then the US but walking into someone's house would get you shot or hurt. It was obviously staged.

I think that was Windsor. So ridiculous.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its is. I'm certainly 'left' in most of my political views, but this is one of the reasons that I can't consider myself a "progressive" too much knee-jerk reaction these days. 

I used to be more on the left but the left has really disappointed me in the last decade.  They are guilty of the very same things that they so loudly complained about just a few years earlier.  

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

I disagree, as recently as two years ago my old boss went to visit his friend in the Atlantic provinces and my boss was amazed how many times they would just walk into people's places.  

Bowling for Columbine was filmed a LONG time ago now, if you think of how FAST our culture has changed with the internet and the way we interact.  

It was absolutely normal to go around the neighbourhood and visit your friends by just showing up to someone's place.  There were no cell phones (1 in 50 people would maybe own one).  The liberty of this of course depended on how big your city was and if you lived in an apartment or a quiet residential neighbourhood.  

15 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I disagree, as recently as two years ago my old boss went to visit his friend in the Atlantic provinces and my boss was amazed how many times they would just walk into people's places.  

Bowling for Columbine was filmed a LONG time ago now, if you think of how FAST our culture has changed with the internet and the way we interact.  

It was absolutely normal to go around the neighbourhood and visit your friends by just showing up to someone's place.  There were no cell phones (1 in 50 people would maybe own one).  The liberty of this of course depended on how big your city was and if you lived in an apartment or a quiet residential neighbourhood.  

Yes friends, not complete strangers. 

9 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

It's been a while since I've seen it, so I might be misremembering, but as I recall it, Moore was talking about "unlocked doors" and was just checking the door in the movie. The owner happened to be there, so MM had the discussion with him.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's been a while since I've seen it, so I might be misremembering, but as I recall it, Moore was talking about "unlocked doors" and was just checking the door in the movie. The owner happened to be there, so MM had the discussion with him.

I recall the point was unlocked doors but he opened it and went in iirc.